Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Wicked stuff :)

I didn't think wither skelly spawners ever gen in the world. At least, I've only ever seem them in creative/NEI menus.

Middleclaw

Apr 12, 2014
I use lava as a heat source myself. it's a lot quieter (without sound mufflers) without me having to worry about the crackling noise that fire makes. As for the difference in effectiveness, I have not seen any truth be told.

chaoticsquid

Jul 29, 2019
TE3 and minefactory: I hooked a grinder in my cow farm up to a tesseract (set to send and recieve liquid and energy) for power and as a return to my base for mob essence. The power link works, but I can't seem to put the mob essence in the tesseract (the pipe has essence in it). I have a use for the essence set up, so it should pull the liquid out, but it doesn't work.

EDIT: I fixed it by removing the red marker on the pipe, but I still don't understand why it works how it does

Last edited:

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
How does the "Base energy generation factors" part of the industrialcraft 2 config file work? All start at 1.0. Since I play single player and don't let the computer stand on standby, I'd like to increase the energy generation of wind/solar/unmanned water a bit, to make them relevant choices. However, when I first increased the value of solar to 1.5 (guessing it was a multiplier), it seemed to drop the energy generation, so I changed it to 0.7 (guessing it was a divider) but that also seemed to drop it. I may be my measuring that's off, I don't know, but does anyone know for sure how it works?

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
How does the "Base energy generation factors" part of the industrialcraft 2 config file work? All start at 1.0. Since I play single player and don't let the computer stand on standby, I'd like to increase the energy generation of wind/solar/unmanned water a bit, to make them relevant choices. However, when I first increased the value of solar to 1.5 (guessing it was a multiplier), it seemed to drop the energy generation, so I changed it to 0.7 (guessing it was a divider) but that also seemed to drop it. I may be my measuring that's off, I don't know, but does anyone know for sure how it works?

IIRC the config file allows you to change the energy production rate of generators directly, for instance I changed the geothermal to 32 instead of 20

Edit: found the relevant section from my server configs, should look like this:

# Base energy generation values - increase those for higher energy yield
I:energyGeneratorBase=10
I:energyGeneratorGeo=20
I:energyGeneratorNuclear=45
I:energyGeneratorSemibioethanol=16
I:energyGeneratorSemibiomass=8
I:energyGeneratorSemifuel=32
I:energyGeneratorSemioil=8
I:energyGeneratorSolar=100
I:energyGeneratorWater=100
I:energyGeneratorWind=100

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feniks

Jul 29, 2019
Which ftb wiki to use there are at least 3 different ftb wikies out there which one is the most polular and up to date that I could start contribution to?

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
Which ftb wiki to use there are at least 3 different ftb wikies out there which one is the most polular and up to date that I could start contribution to?

If you want to help contribute, go here. It's the official FTB Wiki. Just make sure you read the guidelines. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Anyone know how to turn off the IC2 console spam on a server? I looked at the configs and didn't see anything.
Code:
2014-04-20 11:41:08 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.addTileEntity: ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@149f2a68 (ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@149f2a68) is conflicting with ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@5d991c6b using the same position (already added, prev. te not removed, overlapping), aborting
2014-04-20 11:41:08 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.removeTileEntity: ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@149f2a68 (ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@149f2a68) wasn't found (added), skipping
2014-04-20 11:41:11 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.addTileEntity: ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@717818f3 (ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@717818f3) is conflicting with ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@3ae33b8 using the same position (already added, prev. te not removed, overlapping), aborting
2014-04-20 11:41:11 [WARNING] [IC2] EnergyNet.removeTileEntity: ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@717818f3 (ic2.api.energy.prefab.BasicSink@717818f3) wasn't found (added), skipping
Or better yet is there anyway to translate this into block location so I can track down the offending block and fix?

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
HP Steam boilers and steam dynamos. OK, so I have the largest size HP steam boiler setup and it is currently at max steam but just about 250deg.
I thought I should be able to run at LEAST 16 steam dynamos off of that? Ive seen people say 17 or 18 so I figured 16 would be a safe initial bet.
Once I turn on the 5th dynamo the steam pressure starts to go down in the main tank. Does the pressure increase as the temperature gets higher or am I missing something?
It seems that if I turn all 16 on its going to drop down to 575k pressure and then fluxuate.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
HP Steam boilers and steam dynamos. OK, so I have the largest size HP steam boiler setup and it is currently at max steam but just about 250deg.
I thought I should be able to run at LEAST 16 steam dynamos off of that? Ive seen people say 17 or 18 so I figured 16 would be a safe initial bet.
Once I turn on the 5th dynamo the steam pressure starts to go down in the main tank. Does the pressure increase as the temperature gets higher or am I missing something?
It seems that if I turn all 16 on its going to drop down to 575k pressure and then fluxuate.

As of 1.6 boiler mechanics were reworked. Boilers now produce steam relative to temp, but a full temp 36HP boiler can still power 18 steam dynamos. Just wait for it to warm up completely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PierceSG

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any alternative to the Buildcraft Flood Gate for filling a pool with a liquid? Say I want to make a large deep pool of energized Redstone, what are my options?

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any alternative to the Buildcraft Flood Gate for filling a pool with a liquid? Say I want to make a large deep pool of energized Redstone, what are my options?
I've had some trouble with it, but Rotarycraft has the Liquid Spiller.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
I thought about finding a texture pack to play with but i'm not sure about a couple of things. If I downloaded one off the launcher, then would it be applied to every modpack i load up? Also, is there anyway to go back to the original textures without deleting the texture pack?