Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Maxiride

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everybody, I was trying to use the filling cabinet from extra utilities to store my mana beans. However when I use it as a peripheral with a computer when I fire the the method pushItem("destination side", slot, amount, destionation slot), a random bean is extracted instead of the one in the specified slot. Why? Is there any solution or I have to switch to a normal chest?

Iron\diamon etc chest seems to index the content unlike the cabinet.

Pompadour64

Jul 29, 2019
What options do we have for invisible armor? This is for the purpose of retaining armor while under the effects of an invisibility potion or spell

draeath

Jul 29, 2019
In Rotarycraft, how does one get ethanol from crystal form into fluid form (for resevoirs, drums, etc)

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Sure, just light things up. Cave worlds have very low light levels. Once you increase the light level crops and other things should grow.
Yeah, once I plant them. Was wondering if there was a way to make the world generate with plants and mobs already existing. It seems not possible, but thanks anyway.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Time for another stupid thaumcraft 4.1 question :)

Are there any negative side effects (like flux or taint or whatever) from grabbing loads of nodes using jars and stashing them all in my base?

So far i've only picked up "normal" nodes, but the next one with aspects I want nearby is sinister, I really just want to make sure i'm not going to knacker everything by doing this.
You'll probably want to leave the Sinister node where it is. They spawn Furious Zombies, which have more health than Angry Zombies and get bigger as they take damage. They also change the surrounding biome to Eerie.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
how do i turn on mods like lycanites mods on ftb monster so i can play them on the server im hosting?

In the servers mods folder it should be called something like lycanite.jar.disabled, just remove the '.disabled' and voila

Edit: under windows you will need to be able to see file extensions, a setting under folder options

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with Industrial Steam engines... I cannot get the engine to face the direction that I want it to go. I am using fluiducts to move the steam and redstone energy conduit to move the power. I place the engine down and it always points upwards. If I place another one on top of that it points downward into the first engine. I've tried all the wrench and hammer but nothing. Any idea? thanks.

edit: as a 2nd part, even after I get the industrial steam engine running it's not outputting any power. confused...

Last edited:

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Problem with Industrial Steam engines... I cannot get the engine to face the direction that I want it to go. I am using fluiducts to move the steam and redstone energy conduit to move the power. I place the engine down and it always points upwards. If I place another one on top of that it points downward into the first engine. I've tried all the wrench and hammer but nothing. Any idea? thanks.

edit: as a 2nd part, even after I get the industrial steam engine running it's not outputting any power. confused...

Post 1.5 conduits no longer accept MJ and therefore do not connect to engines

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, stupid question followup but what do I use if leadstone and redstone conduits dont work?
Personally I'd ditch industrial steam engines and use dynamos instead. However if you've already invested, I'd recommend universal cable (if your pack has mekanism, can't remember if any ftb pack has it) or enderio conduits

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Quayludious

Jul 29, 2019
Switch the engines out for steam dynamos or use buildcraft pipes

Yeah, I'm going to try steam dynamos... I haven't built out anything yet just experimenting. Fluiducts for the steam, redstone energy conduit for the power out and it's charging up a cell no problem.
thanks.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Another tard question that I'm sure I've asked before but can't remember the answer:

If I use a diamond dolly and pick up blaze spawners, then place 'em in my overworld mob spawner/grinder setup, will they actually spawn blazes outside the nether?

I want mob essence AND blaze rods, rather than using the auto-spawner which uses more essence than my grinders produce.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Another tard question that I'm sure I've asked before but can't remember the answer:

If I use a diamond dolly and pick up blaze spawners, then place 'em in my overworld mob spawner/grinder setup, will they actually spawn blazes outside the nether?

I want mob essence AND blaze rods, rather than using the auto-spawner which uses more essence than my grinders produce.
Yes, they do. They aren't weird like wither skeletons which are a meta-data variant of skeletons.(but even so, if you find a wither skeleton spawner, that's a lucky find, as those should spawn wither skeletons anywhere you take them)