Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Putzaroo

Jul 29, 2019
I have a railcraft steam turbine tucked up next to my railcraft boiler. I had ic2 cables coming off the turbine into an MFE, but now the cables no longer connect to the turbine to provide juice to the MFE. I had the setup working, but it has now quit. The cables do not physically connect anymore. I have tried HV and gold but no worky.. Any suggestions?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
How do you renewably get redstone in the magic farm skyblock pack?
Sieve dust.
I have a railcraft steam turbine tucked up next to my railcraft boiler. I had ic2 cables coming off the turbine into an MFE, but now the cables no longer connect to the turbine to provide juice to the MFE. I had the setup working, but it has now quit. The cables do not physically connect anymore. I have tried HV and gold but no worky.. Any suggestions?
Break and replace a block of the turbine.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
is there a way to get the alchemy golem to get aspects from bottom to top out of a alembic. Way it is now he will get 1 aspect a time from top one. When there would be 32 in bottom where he could get 8 at a time. I am using a enchanced flesh golem.
If that won't work is there a way to gt him to stand still till he fills his jar?

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Why does minecraft use more ram than I tell it to? I have it set to 2GB (is this enough?) and it uses 2.5+

Also why does jumping between dimensions cause stuttering?

Boozfob

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anyway to currently craft the thaumium capped primal staff?

I have a thaumium capped silverwood wand, all the clothes, frugal III on my foci etc

I use Thaumcraft 4.1.0g
08faa4c36acd6d4099659630c2beddc3.png

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i was placing down a ender chest and my game derp and something kicked me from game. Now i when i got back in. I had the ender chest placed where i wanted and one in my hand. When i touch the one that derped my screen goes all white and game freezes. Is there a way to fix this?

the server says this when i touch it. Failed to handle Bibloffxi/**.**.**.**: java.lang.ClassCastException: Thamumcraft.common.tiles.TileNode cannot cast to codechicken.enderstorage.common.TileFreqeuncyOwner

I was placeing a ender chast under a silver wood tree node. To set up a mana been farm.
I tried placeing some tnt next to it and it survived.

Last edited:

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
i was placing down a ender chest and my game derp and something kicked me from game. Now i when i got back in. I had the ender chest placed where i wanted and one in my hand. When i touch the one that derped my screen goes all white and game freezes. Is there a way to fix this?

the server says this when i touch it. Failed to handle Bibloffxi/**.**.**.**: java.lang.ClassCastException: Thamumcraft.common.tiles.TileNode cannot cast to codechicken.enderstorage.common.TileFreqeuncyOwner

I was placeing a ender chast under a silver wood tree node. To set up a mana been farm.
I tried placeing some tnt next to it and it survived.
Well, it sounds like you're on the right track - getting rid of that chest. MCEdit can handle this, but it sounds like you might be able to resolve your problem without resorting to that. I'm not 100% sure what all can destroy an ender chest, but I'd be tempted to try a mining laser if you're looking for instant destruction without touching it (which I suspect prompted the TNT).

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Well, it sounds like you're on the right track - getting rid of that chest. MCEdit can handle this, but it sounds like you might be able to resolve your problem without resorting to that. I'm not 100% sure what all can destroy an ender chest, but I'd be tempted to try a mining laser if you're looking for instant destruction without touching it (which I suspect prompted the TNT).
I shot it with mining laser and it crashed the server. I will just leave it there and build around it.

What does the miracle Magnet from open blocks do? I made it and can't get it to do anything.

Last edited:

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
^ miracle magnet I think draws dropped items towards you. Pretty useful IMO.

Anyhow, what I wanted to ask was. Is it possible to power my base off slimes?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
^ miracle magnet I think draws dropped items towards you. Pretty useful IMO.

Anyhow, what I wanted to ask was. Is it possible to power my base off slimes?
Partly, yes. Reactant Dynamos can use Mob Essence. So, if you grind them up you can use that. But, you need a catalyst to go with it, like sugar/gunpowder/blaze powder.

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
i just taught my AE system how to make mystery magnet from magic bees. I got a lvl 5 one before i ran out of gold. Have to run more ender quarries lol.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find any Unusual Hives on my server. Plenty of sorcerous and mystical bees, no unusual ones.

Pack is Monster 1.1.0 with a few extra mods, BoP spawn.

I know it's probably a mod interaction (they're all universal config mods, at least) but any other insights before I start ruling out mods individually?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Unusual... Hm. Weren't they the ones that spawn in deserts? One of those three spawn in "desert-like" biomes, one IIRC in "plains-like" biomes and one in "forest-like" biomes.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I can't seem to find any Unusual Hives on my server. Plenty of sorcerous and mystical bees, no unusual ones.

Pack is Monster 1.1.0 with a few extra mods, BoP spawn.

I know it's probably a mod interaction (they're all universal config mods, at least) but any other insights before I start ruling out mods individually?
It's been a while since I last went hive-hunting, but I'm pretty sure I nabbed all my Unusual Bees from jungles. They're also supposed to spawn in plains, but I must have terrible luck because I've never seen one in a plains biome.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
It's been a while since I last went hive-hunting, but I'm pretty sure I nabbed all my Unusual Bees from jungles. They're also supposed to spawn in plains, but I must have terrible luck because I've never seen one in a plains biome.
Unusual... Hm. Weren't they the ones that spawn in deserts? One of those three spawn in "desert-like" biomes, one IIRC in "plains-like" biomes and one in "forest-like" biomes.
As far as I'm aware (at least, in past worlds) they're supposed to spawn anywhere that a Meadows hive will spawn. Curious hives spawn in place of forest/jungle(tropical) hives, and Sorcerous in place of desert (modest) hives. On our 1.5.2 server, I saw them in plains and on mountains quite often.

MrZwij

Jul 29, 2019
I've got two bees that I'm trying to breed the Fast Worker trait:

- Princess with active Slowest and inactive Fast.
- Drone with active Fast and inactive Fast

What is the best frame to put in the apiary with these bees? One that causes mutations or one that doesn't, i.e. soul frame or impregnated frame?

EDITED - I had the princess traits backwards.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I've got two bees that I'm trying to breed the Fast Worker trait:

- Princess with active Slowest and inactive Fast.
- Drone with active Fast and inactive Fast

What is the best frame to put in the apiary with these bees? One that causes mutations or one that doesn't, i.e. soul frame or impregnated frame?

EDITED - I had the princess traits backwards.

If you just trying to breed traits I wouldn't use a frame that cause mutations. You should only use those when you trying to mutate a bee breeding into a new species. For example Common Drone with a Meadows Princess to get the Cultivated species then a frame that mutates increases the odds that you will get that species. Otherwise don't use them.

Reactions: MrZwij