Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to try ars magica 2 for the first time in my modpack but the modpack had 1.1.0 first (didnt work at all, could not get levels)
So i updated it (1.1.2b) and the update went live yesterday, now i can get levels so i watched some youtube tutorials, but now i got another problem, i cant link the essence thingys

TLDR; am i supposed to right click with a Crystal Wrench on the rune in the neutral essence nexus and then right click on the top block in the crafting altar?
Because i dont see any light when i right click with it on stuff, i have a light nexus and a neutral one, the light one sends to the essence refiner automaticaly and the neutral one sends to my keystone receptacle automatically.
Is this a glitch or has something changed from the verision that the tutorial is made for?
Works fine for me, so I can at least confirm you're doing it right.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
Is java7 u51 better than u45? the reason im asking is because when i updated to 45 from 21 my fps DIED.

Did you uninstall u21? Every time i update, it seems to keep the older version instead of overwriting it. After i got rid of the older versions, my fps went back up. According to Java's site, it now does overwrite previous versions, so you shouldn't have that issue if you update again.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
how to get destabilized bee in DW20 1.6.4 1.0.19.

Says it needs a foundation of redstone ore which i tried with no luck. Looking at the master apiarist database in single player, it says 0% chance to mutate? Is it possible to get these bees?

Thanks

Yes, I just tested this. I was able to get them on my server. Use a block of redstone ORE under the hive.

angryfossa

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is deemed a simple question.
I have 20 36HP steam boilers that i need to feed in my base. They are Solid Fuel Boilers. What are the best options for feeding this need? I am running FTB Monster pack on version 1.0.7 ( small private server, with galacticraft; cant update to latest monster cause galacticraft doesnt want to work.). I have a MFR farm setup with oak wood (emerald upgrade) and I use 3 harvesters to attempt to keep up with the trees. So in summary, Is my setup ok? is it better to have like 5 3x3 MFR tree farms over a large farm? is something like ghost wood better than oak? any other suggestions? thank you for your time.

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I hope this is deemed a simple question.
I have 20 36HP steam boilers that i need to feed in my base. They are Solid Fuel Boilers. What are the best options for feeding this need? I am running FTB Monster pack on version 1.0.7 ( small private server, with galacticraft; cant update to latest monster cause galacticraft doesnt want to work.). I have a MFR farm setup with oak wood (emerald upgrade) and I use 3 harvesters to attempt to keep up with the trees. So in summary, Is my setup ok? is it better to have like 5 3x3 MFR tree farms over a large farm? is something like ghost wood better than oak? any other suggestions? thank you for your time.
Does that version of Monster have Thaumcraft 4.1? If so, I highly recommend you make an Alumentum production chain. If not, from what I know of MFR, one harvester is all you need until it can't keep up with how fast they are growing. So, get a fertilizer going, and start feeding it. Exact numbers will be a matter of testing, our waiting for someone to come along who knows the maffs.

Also, I don't believe which tree you use makes much difference. Well, something like Chestnut, or even jungle trees, might get you more logs per growth, but you should have so many logs that you don't need to optimize that variable.

angryfossa

Jul 29, 2019
I only have Thaumcraft 4.0.5b :S I think it has Alumentum in it still though? (can't remember what I have and haven't researched ha) Is Alumentum better than charcoal for steam boilers? But other than that, a fully stocked fertalizer + my current tree farm should give me surplus wood?

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I only have Thaumcraft 4.0.5b :S I think it has Alumentum in it still though? (can't remember what I have and haven't researched ha) Is Alumentum better than charcoal for steam boilers? But other than that, a fully stocked fertalizer + my current tree farm should give me surplus wood?
4.1 allows for automatic alumentum production. It's not worth doing it manually.

As for the surplus wood question, all I can say is "try it and see." That's a lot of boilers. I'm not certain how long a log keeps a boiler burning, and I'm not certain how fast Harvesters produce logs. I just know the go FAST, and I've never pushed one to it's absolute limit. If it isn't enough, a couple more tree farms at the resource level you're playing with shouldn't be trouble.

angryfossa

Jul 29, 2019
I'm turning the logs into charcoal and feeding them into the boilers right now. I guess I will see how 1 farm goes, if its not enough I have the resources for another max size MFR tree farm. Thanks for the help

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
What does Tinkers' Construct Exo armor do? It doesn't give any armor, so does it do something different?

Also, What are the Slime channels for?
I'm pretty sure that the Exo Armor makes you run faster and jump higher.
Also, have you tried dropping items on the Slime Channels? I think they're meant for transport.

Thanks. What about other loot increasing abilities like fortune or harvester affinity from AM2?
Although I haven't tested it, I doubt either works. If you plant them on endstone, though, they should grow faster and sometimes give additional seeds.

I'm turning the logs into charcoal and feeding them into the boilers right now. I guess I will see how 1 farm goes, if its not enough I have the resources for another max size MFR tree farm. Thanks for the help
I can't say much about MFR farms, but I can say this: Any planter or harvester takes the same amount of time to check each block in its area of effect to see if it can be planted on or harvested from, so larger farms take longer to plant and harvest. Do note, however, that planters and harvesters scan at exactly the same speed- so you'll never need more planters than harvesters, and you'll only get anywhere with more harvesters if they're chopping down fairly large trees.

Also, I've heard that Sakura and Ghostwood trees are good for saplings, if you ever get interested in liquid-fueled boilers.

Also, last I checked (back before Redstone Flux was a thing), one Powered Furnace could just barely supply a fully-heated 36HP boiler with charcoal. You'll want faster furnaces, or more of them, especially when warming up. Unless, of course, they've changed that since.

angryfossa

Jul 29, 2019
I have 4 electric furnaces fully overclocked to handle my charcoal needs so I am good there. All my Boilers are currently fully heated and I am gaining wood logs so all seems well. However I am running into the problem of Saplings. As a test I put 12k oak saplings into my AE system for the tree farm to use (tree farm had all the saplings it needed at the time); I am now down to 10k saplings and I keep dropping, it seems with the fertilizer going leaves get overridden or something and I don't get as many saplings from each tree, will I have this problem no matter what tree type i switch to cause of the fertilizer?

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
I have 4 electric furnaces fully overclocked to handle my charcoal needs so I am good there. All my Boilers are currently fully heated and I am gaining wood logs so all seems well. However I am running into the problem of Saplings. As a test I put 12k oak saplings into my AE system for the tree farm to use (tree farm had all the saplings it needed at the time); I am now down to 10k saplings and I keep dropping, it seems with the fertilizer going leaves get overridden or something and I don't get as many saplings from each tree, will I have this problem no matter what tree type i switch to cause of the fertilizer?
When trees (at least, Vanilla oak trees) grow, their trunks will destroy any leaves that they try to grow into. So, if you try to grow too many trees too close together (which MFR really likes to do), they will tend to destroy each others' leaves before the harvester can collect them.

To solve this problem, you can either get rid of the fertilizer or prevent the trees from growing too close together by blocking off most of the places where they could be planted.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
Why can't I get the plant from vanilla and cinnamon from the Agriculture Mod when I reduce the plant to 0% in Monster?

Shabazza

Jul 29, 2019
Which tree gives the most biomass from saplings considering yield and sappiness? (Forestry)
I have 2 max sized apple ochard multifarms running, but the sapling production cannot keep up with my biofuel powered 36 HP steam boiler.
Would crossbreeding a "Blue Mahoe" (High Sappiness), "Apple oak" (apples and average saplings) result in a mutation with higher sappiness?