Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Ohh, well that was easier than I thought. I didn't know grinders didn't kill baby animals. Sweet.
I've never done it myself but I suspect that if you have a big enough production line to keep a constant supply of adult cows, the number of breeding cows required and the number of baby cows at any one time will be enormous. If, for example, you want 1 cow per 5 seconds, and it takes cows 5 minute between breeding cycles, you will need 120 breeding cows and a rolling stock of 60 babies. If you want 1 cow per second, you need 5 times the number. And that's assuming perfect timing on the feeding & breeding.

BundyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! I am having problems with Redstone Flux...it seems whenever I have an intersection of energy conduits only one direction receives power. Does anyone know why this is? Am I missing something really obvious haha

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
Hi guys! I am having problems with Redstone Flux...it seems whenever I have an intersection of energy conduits only one direction receives power. Does anyone know why this is? Am I missing something really obvious haha
That does not sound like something that should ever happen at all. Could you post a screenshot of what is going on?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm fair enough. Another question, How much liquid can a tesseract transfer at a time? Also how much liquid can a fluiduct transfer?[DOUBLEPOST=1395910704][/DOUBLEPOST]

Ohh, well that was easier than I thought. I didn't know grinders didn't kill baby animals. Sweet.

Thank you.
A Tesseracts transfers an unlimited amount.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Do you have more machines or cells than your cables can manage? For example, leadstone can only carry 80 RF/t, so if there's an energy cell down one path that is recharging, or a couple of machines running at full tilt, then machines down the other path might be starved of power until the cell is full. Hardened can carry 400, so you'd need quite a few machines to max that out, and Redstone-filled conduits should cope with most reasonable set-ups.

Although... I did hear that the conduit limits are per-connection not per-cable. So in theory if you have enough dynamos, even leadstone can run as many machines as you want as long as you don't put an energy cell in between to throttle it. How many dynamos do you have? Are they directly connected to the machines, or via an energy cell bottleneck?

BundyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
That does not sound like something that should ever happen at all. Could you post a screenshot of what is going on?
28wfmnl.png

28wfmnl.png

Ummm did that work? haha
If so, the line to the left comes from my Power Cells, the down pipe goes to grinders and the other one goes somewhere else. The saturation on the cell side of the join is 100% but O% everywhere else :/[DOUBLEPOST=1395923093][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do you have more machines or cells than your cables can manage? For example, leadstone can only carry 80 RF/t, so if there's an energy cell down one path that is recharging, or a couple of machines running at full tilt, then machines down the other path might be starved of power until the cell is full. Hardened can carry 400, so you'd need quite a few machines to max that out, and Redstone-filled conduits should cope with most reasonable set-ups.

Although... I did hear that the conduit limits are per-connection not per-cable. So in theory if you have enough dynamos, even leadstone can run as many machines as you want as long as you don't put an energy cell in between to throttle it. How many dynamos do you have? Are they directly connected to the machines, or via an energy cell bottleneck?

I have plenty of power, 3 resonant cells with full charge using the redstone conduits.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I have plenty of power, 3 resonant cells with full charge using the redstone conduits.
Have you checked that the energy cells are outputting as much as you need? I think the default config is only to output a relatively small amount per connection. I made that mistake.

Other than that, have you tried removing and replacing some of the cables?

BundyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
Have you checked that the energy cells are outputting as much as you need? I think the default config is only to output a relatively small amount per connection. I made that mistake.
They are set on 2000RF so that should be okay. But yeah as of right now nothing is being powered because of the jam at that intersection i posted. I bet if if destroy it it will crash the game haha

PurpleMentat

Jul 29, 2019
I looks like you tried to include a second image? I don't see anything there that should cause problems, unless those Extra Utilities pipes don't play nice when directly connected to conduits?
General trouble shooting questions:
Are the Energy Cells set to output on the face that the Conduit is connecting to? This would be the Orange setting in the GUI.

Are the Conduits set to draw energy from the cells? This would have an arrow pointing away from the cell on the connection.

I'm not sure what you mean that 'only one side receives power.' Do you mean before that branch, the conduits provide power to machines?

BundyBoy

Jul 29, 2019
I looks like you tried to include a second image? I don't see anything there that should cause problems, unless those Extra Utilities pipes don't play nice when directly connected to conduits?
General trouble shooting questions:
Are the Energy Cells set to output on the face that the Conduit is connecting to? This would be the Orange setting in the GUI.

Are the Conduits set to draw energy from the cells? This would have an arrow pointing away from the cell on the connection.

I'm not sure what you mean that 'only one side receives power.' Do you mean before that branch, the conduits provide power to machines?

Yeah before the branch only had power, i broke the intersection and it did nothing, I then destroyed the first powered line, there was a lag spike and when i reconnected everything was working again. I think it might have something to do with mystic craft teleporting and being on a chunk border or something who knows..

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
There's a zombie in my smeltery. Shouldn't this melt down into blood or something?

Attachments

• 2014-03-27_16.17.18.png
    2014-03-27_16.17.18.png
    264 KB · Views: 91

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
In the DW20 pack is there anything that would let you transport spawners into another dimension? Say a mystcraft age into the overworld? I have the portal gun mod but that doesn't work across dimensions.

Edit: also can spawners spawn mobs on a floor made of spawners?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
In the DW20 pack is there anything that would let you transport spawners into another dimension? Say a mystcraft age into the overworld? I have the portal gun mod but that doesn't work across dimensions.

Edit: also can spawners spawn mobs on a floor made of spawners?

Wand of dislocation can move the spawner. As for 2nd question. I don't recommend it. But it will work. The individual spawner spawns in an 8x8x2 block around it. By putting it in the floor with a bunch of other spawners or blocks you are cutting that 8x8x2 area to 8x8x1. Also spawners check the area around the for their mob limit (i think this is 8 mobs in a 12 block radius?). However it doesn't look far veritcally. Which is why most people set the spawner in mid air and drop/move the mobs out of the spawners check range.

EDIT: Did some research the check area is 17x17x9 centered on the spawner and if there is more than 6 mobs of the same type as the spawner it will not spawn more.

Last edited:

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Hrm, how do you pre-format AE disks so that only a certain type of item go in them? Say for example I want iron, gold, copper, tin, silver, lead, and ferrous ore to go into an AE disk but nothing else.