Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I'd check if there was a recipe block installed in MineTweaker. This seems like exactly that sort of situation.(also unless I'm horribly mistaken, TE3 is dead in the water currently, and I hope I'm wrong honestly)
Wasn't there a team to take over after KL dropped out?

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
How long does the unleashed pack take to start up? it takes 2-3 min for me just to start it, and when ever i use NEI to find the uses for anything it freezes for 10s before showing them. My computer has 8gb ram, and the processor is i7-2640M @ 2.80 GHz. My graphics card is Nvidia 520M with 1 gb. I am pretty sure my comp has good specs, so why does it lag like this? does this happen to everyone?

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
How long does the unleashed pack take to start up? it takes 2-3 min for me just to start it, and when ever i use NEI to find the uses for anything it freezes for 10s before showing them. My computer has 8gb ram, and the processor is i7-2640M @ 2.80 GHz. My graphics card is Nvidia 520M with 1 gb. I am pretty sure my comp has good specs, so why does it lag like this? does this happen to everyone?
The time it takes a pack to launch is completely dependent on your computer and the pack.

The NEI usage lag is a known problem, because it scans (someone correct me if I'm wrong, though, I don't think I am) every single recipe in the entire MC environment. It might've been fixed in 1.6.4, but I can't remember.

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
The time it takes a pack to launch is completely dependent on your computer and the pack.

The NEI usage lag is a known problem, because it scans (someone correct me if I'm wrong, though, I don't think I am) every single recipe in the entire MC environment. It might've been fixed in 1.6.4, but I can't remember.
NEI can tell you how long it took to scan for recipes, too. It doesn't seem to not check every recipe, but the lag should only appear once per type of crafting and once per session, honestly.

WeaponMaster

Jul 29, 2019
NEI can tell you how long it took to scan for recipes, too. It doesn't seem to not check every recipe, but the lag should only appear once per type of crafting and once per session, honestly.
Well, even if i use it twice in a row in the same session, it still lags. This is in the latest version of ftb unleashed, so maybe this was patched later?

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Well, even if i use it twice in a row in the same session, it still lags. This is in the latest version of ftb unleashed, so maybe this was patched later?
It sometimes lags on me more then once, actually, now that I've done more testing. This includes checking, say, only smelting recipes, then doing dick all in NEI for a while and then checking smelting recipes again. Not consistent enough to know what's up with it, but the lag between checking and it telling you the recipes? That's because it is actually checking all recipes in Minecraft.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I found NEI to be very slow in 1.4.7, Unleashed was only a little better, but in 1.6 it's really quick - but that might be partly because I have a 64-bit beast of a laptop now.

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused as to how I should fuel my mining turtle with coalfuel.

At first I thought I could just put the coalfuel cells into the turtle, but I was told that I they have to be added to a fuel can. Now I have a fuel can, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to get the fuel into it. The only thing that seems to use it is a forestry machine, and I feel like that can't be right (Also my base doesn't have the setup for that without some investment) I tried both canning machines like every wiki says and the fuel can won't be accepted into any of it's slots.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Very easy one..

If I break my ME Assembler in order to expand it (it's currently 4x4x4, I want to make it 5x5x5) will it keep all of the patterns stored? Kind of how with Railcraft tanks, only one block holds the data of the liquid inside and the rest can be broken and replaced without losing said liquid.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Very easy one..

If I break my ME Assembler in order to expand it (it's currently 4x4x4, I want to make it 5x5x5) will it keep all of the patterns stored? Kind of how with Railcraft tanks, only one block holds the data of the liquid inside and the rest can be broken and replaced without losing said liquid.
Each page of recipes in the MAC is a distinct pattern provider within the MAC. There's absolutely no problem with expanding.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

YX33A

Jul 29, 2019
Yet all of this and more can be fixed with Advanced Thamaturgy and the Node Modifier.

Just thinking though; bright is the highest. Normal doesn't show up unless it's alone(IIRC). Pale is weaker. Fading can not recharge at all and when it's empty, it's gone. Pure, Tainted, Sinister, and Hungry are "subtypes".

...Where does Unstable fit in all of this?
Just thought I'd quote myself as this question is still on my mind. How do we classify Unstable Nodes? Is this a type like Pure, Tainted, Sinister, and Hungry? Or is it a "subtype" like Bright, Pale, and Fading? Or is it somewhere off in it's own group?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I'm confused as to how I should fuel my mining turtle with coalfuel.

At first I thought I could just put the coalfuel cells into the turtle, but I was told that I they have to be added to a fuel can. Now I have a fuel can, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to get the fuel into it. The only thing that seems to use it is a forestry machine, and I feel like that can't be right (Also my base doesn't have the setup for that without some investment) I tried both canning machines like every wiki says and the fuel can won't be accepted into any of it's slots.
To get a coalfuel can from a canning machine it should be 6 cells in the upper slot, and an empty can in the lower slot. However, I have no idea if that changed with IC2 experimental. If that doesn't work, you may just want to use an alternative fuel - lava buckets are worth 1,000 fuel (as opposed to 1,520 from coalfuel cans) and are very easy to acquire.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Just thought I'd quote myself as this question is still on my mind. How do we classify Unstable Nodes? Is this a type like Pure, Tainted, Sinister, and Hungry? Or is it a "subtype" like Bright, Pale, and Fading? Or is it somewhere off in it's own group?

I believe unstable nodes will change aspects randomly.

Nephrahim

Jul 29, 2019
To get a coalfuel can from a canning machine it should be 6 cells in the upper slot, and an empty can in the lower slot. However, I have no idea if that changed with IC2 experimental. If that doesn't work, you may just want to use an alternative fuel - lava buckets are worth 1,000 fuel (as opposed to 1,520 from coalfuel cans) and are very easy to acquire.
That's what I thought, can't seem to get it to work, I think it changed in experimental.

I know I could do lava but I spent so much time getting these nifty coalfuel cells I want to use them on something...