Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

AlanEsh

Jul 29, 2019
I have been trying to get Biomes O' Plenty to generate a world on my server but if I put BIOMESOP in the level type it still generates a vanilla world. I have also tried creating a singleplayer world and transferring it over and it results in either missing chunks or just crashes. I would love if anyone had any idea on how to install BoP properly.
Just let it generate a default world.
But first, go into the Biomes o Plenty config and set the "generate in default worlds" to true. You can do the same for Highlands config if you want those biomes.

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
Just let it generate a default world.
But first, go into the Biomes o Plenty config and set the "generate in default worlds" to true. You can do the same for Highlands config if you want those biomes.

wouldent he [depending upon his cfg] need to set all the biomes he wishes to see... to true? Some of them are set to true by default but others are set to false. At least they are in the version of the DW20 pack that i have.

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
have you tried loading the world in mcedit then saving it , without making any changes.....or even just deleting yourplayer.dat.....backup the save file before trying either.

the player dat i am thinking of is in the players sub folder off the main folder for that save....
I tried deleting yourplayer.dat and that did not work. I have downloaded MCEdit but cannot seem to figure out how to open up a FTB world in it. When I click load world it just gives me a list of all the worlds I have in my regular Minecraft game.
EDIT

I found out how to open the world in MCEdit and did what you said but it did not work.
Guess I will just have to make new world and remember to keep backups :(

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
Ok trying out Thaumcraft 4.1 and so far liking it. But I am going nuts about these essentia tubes.
dykxt8E.png

My problem is that the alembics is not emptying out into the jars properly. One of the essences empties out into the first jar and then it just stops. I manually tried to "prime" some of the jars but that didn't help. Also tried labelling them, but essentia is still staying in the alembics. What am I doing wrong? Seen it done like this in videos, row of jars, just slapping down the tubes and essentia flows out.

Talonar

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Ok trying out Thaumcraft 4.1 and so far liking it. But I am going nuts about these essentia tubes.

My problem is that the alembics is not emptying out into the jars properly. One of the essences empties out into the first jar and then it just stops. I manually tried to "prime" some of the jars but that didn't help. Also tried labelling them, but essentia is still staying in the alembics. What am I doing wrong? Seen it done like this in videos, row of jars, just slapping down the tubes and essentia flows out.

In the newest update to thaumcraft the Essentia pipes work best for single essentia type transport, for everything else... Golems.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
In the newest update to thaumcraft the Essentia pipes work best for single essentia type transport, for everything else... Golems.
Ahh.. that would mean I would actually have to create a proper "sorting" network for all the essentia...

So you propose using golems to empty jars hanging under the alembics? Are golems still restricted to emptying 8 essentia at the time?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
My problem is that the alembics is not emptying out into the jars properly.
The simplest, but highly manual, solution needs one alembic with two lines of tubing: a line of valves with a line of regular tubes underneath. Close all the valves. As each essentia appears in the alembic, go open the valve for that essentia type and, and close it after. I just use mana beans these days, and whenever I have a few minutes I top up my jars to 64.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
The simplest, but highly manual, solution needs one alembic with two lines of tubing: a line of valves with a line of regular tubes underneath. Close all the valves. As each essentia appears in the alembic, go open the valve for that essentia type and, and close it after. I just use mana beans these days, and whenever I have a few minutes I top up my jars to 64.
Hmm. So basically the tubes that seems to me to be meant as a means of automating transport of essentia is now totoally useless and can only really be used as a manual replacement of phials? Because from my understanding of them now if you want to create an automated network with the tubes, you need tons and tons of labeled filter tubes and then have room for them to not all interconnect and to sort all the "suction" balances.... Atm it just seems like a complete waste of time and I should just go use golems just like in the old versions.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm. So basically the tubes that seems to me to be meant as a means of automating transport of essentia is now totoally useless and can only really be used as a manual replacement of phials? Because from my understanding of them now if you want to create an automated network with the tubes, you need tons and tons of labeled filter tubes and then have room for them to not all interconnect and to sort all the "suction" balances.... Atm it just seems like a complete waste of time and I should just go use golems just like in the old versions.
They are mainly used for small scale essentia travel like feeding herba to a lamp of growth

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Hmm. So basically the tubes that seems to me to be meant as a means of automating transport of essentia is now totoally useless and can only really be used as a manual replacement of phials?
Yeah, kinda. It may only be temporary, I think Az found that the old system was super laggy and so the new system may be a stop-gap until he works out a better implementation. Or maybe not. Maybe I should just put a dedicated Arcane Furnace under each essentia jar, and pipe the beans right in.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Right. Just noticed that I cant even place a jar under the alembics to let them empty out into it any more. How on earth do I then get the essentia out(I know I can click with a jar, but something less manual)? If I try and pipe it out of the alembic and into a single jar, whenever the alembic is empty the furnace just puts a new kind of essence in it and it clogs the whole thing up... this is getting really frustrating.

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Right. Just noticed that I cant even place a jar under the alembics to let them empty out into it any more. How on earth do I then get the essentia out(I know I can click with a jar, but something less manual)? If I try and pipe it out of the alembic and into a single jar, whenever the alembic is empty the furnace just puts a new kind of essence in it and it clogs the whole thing up... this is getting really frustrating.
You can label alembics so they only accept one type of essentia.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
You can label alembics so they only accept one type of essentia.
Hmm but that would mean I would have to have one alembic for each essence on my Alchemical furnace.. This cant be so damn hard. All I want to do is break down items into essences and have them transported to jars. This was a very simple task in TC3..

EDIT: Did enough research to find the Alchemical golem. Guess its good old TC3 crafting from there on then. What a shame, was looking forward to something different.

Last edited:

Evilshallwin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to check whether there are still aspects to be diffused into an alembic in an alchemical furnace using computercraft? I don't know if OpenPeripheral has anything for me to be able to do that check for whether there are still aspects in an alchemical furnace.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Get golems. Seriously they are the easiest way to automate jars now. Make sure to keep the floor clear of obstructions like clusters and skulls and whatnot and make a decanting/alchemy/whatever golem. Also try to keep the area clear of 1 wide alcoves as my golems seem to get caught in them either getting stuck in them or not wanting to enter them and doing the 'I'm very confused' dance.

You can also move the entire furnace/jars room to another location from the altar now, the new essentia mirrors should allow the Altar to pull essentia through them from the jars. This helps keep the golems away from obstructions and 1 high blocks that ruin pathing.

Reactions: Henry Link

ThatOneSlowking

Jul 29, 2019
To get essentia out with jars you right click the desired alembic with the desired jar in your hand

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
What's the deal with Witchery? I mean, what are the cool things you can do with it? Like, what's the main direction it is leads? Thaumcraft has all kinds of magic things, Blood Magic is comparable but more evil and Ars Magica let's you create spells? But what can you do with Witchery?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
What's the deal with Witchery? I mean, what are the cool things you can do with it? Like, what's the main direction it is leads? Thaumcraft has all kinds of magic things, Blood Magic is comparable but more evil and Ars Magica let's you create spells? But what can you do with Witchery?
Lots of magic things, very focused on traditional "witchcraft" as seen in fiction and lore. Bind familiars, summon demons, create mystic brews, lots of circle-based magic, imbue yourself with mystic power, use poppets to protect and punish, explore your dreams and nightmares and draw power from them, all kinds of stuff. Very nature-focused, does a great job of showing a theme and lore through mechanics, and all around wonderfully put together.

Reactions: kaiomann

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Double Thaumcraft question:

Can the Wand Recharge Pedestal recharge from bottled nodes?

How would I go about getting enough Vis to craft a Silverwood staff with Thaumium endcaps? Even with goggles and full Thaumathurges gear and a Silverwood+Thaumium wand(100vis capacity) the craft still requires 115.2 Vis of all 6 aspects.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Double Thaumcraft question:

Can the Wand Recharge Pedestal recharge from bottled nodes?

How would I go about getting enough Vis to craft a Silverwood staff with Thaumium endcaps? Even with goggles and full Thaumathurges gear and a Silverwood+Thaumium wand(100vis capacity) the craft still requires 115.2 Vis of all 6 aspects.
do you have frugal 3 on the whichever wand focus you are using? apparently that helps