Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is not seeing nei, pressing o hides and shows it fine, but it lags me incredibly regardless.
Does your console say anything? Are you getting lag, or just severe FPS drops (i.e. does the world keep ticking, even if you struggle to see it)? My gut reaction is a slowdown due to memory issues (remedied by allocating more memory to FTB), but more info is needed.

Reactions: Not_Steve

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to fix or have a workaround for an issue with disappearing research for Thaumcraft? Every once in a while, I'll load up my world and all of my research will have disappeared. I can't think of why this happens. It doesn't happen every time and usually I have a backup so I can just fall back on that but I'd like to figure out why it even happens. It also spawns both OpenBlocks books when this happens as well.

I'm using the DW20 1.6.4 pack with Thaumcraft 4.

It sounds like your player data is getting corrupted/reset, but I'm afraid I don't know what would cause that.

Infallible83

Jul 29, 2019
In feed the beast monster you can only power quarries with MJ's right?

How can I convert EU to MJ (As many ways as possible), (Is it efficient?)?

Besides what has already been suggested, you could look at using the PowerConverters md that ispart of Monster.

It does exactly what it says on the tin, conmverts between differeower types. You can find more information on any of the available spotlights. (Direwolf20 did ne but it is two years old and I am not sure how many changes). This video seems recently although I havent watched it so couldnt vouch for its quality.

chayde

Jul 29, 2019
18, its equivalent to an industrial steam engine.
That's way less than I thought it was, I read some where else that it was 36. So i had 32 plugged up to it and I kept running out of steam I couldn't figure out why. Thanks for the info.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds like your player data is getting corrupted/reset, but I'm afraid I don't know what would cause that.

That's what I figured, but what I'm trying to find out is if there's a way to prevent it or if there's a file you could copy over from a backup that doesn't have that information reset.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Would this Laptop run FTB, with the HD texture pack? (I would be using; Hat Pack).

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lapto...08h-15-6-touchscreen-laptop-21837007-pdt.html
if not, how about this one:
http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/lapto...ps/lenovo-y510p-15-6-laptop-21426637-pdt.html
if not, can you recommend me one that will, well.
Unless you actually care about the whole "touch screen and B&O speakers" then you get a HELL of a lot more PC in the second one.

Bruigaar

Jul 29, 2019
Ok I am thinking of making a pack for a few friends of mine using the Universal FTB configs. I have 2 questions I hope you all can answer. 1) is there a master list for the mods that tells you if mods have dependencies?
2) would mods like better dungeons or rogue dungeons cause a lot of issues with the universal congigs?

Thank in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
I already have a thread on this but I thought I would ask here too.
Here is my problem:
It seems that whenever I get attacked by a snake in Mo' Creatures this happens. I start to back away from it (as you usually would in these cases) and then FTB just crashes.
Whenever I try to load up the world I just see my hot bar and pointer but nothing else. It is just those two things on a blue-ish background and then FTB crashes.
I tried copying the world and when I go into it it is just the same, hot bar and pointer on a blue-ish background.
I also tried disabling Mo' Creatures but I still get the same outcome.
Any ideas on what the problem is and how I can get back into my world?
Does no one have any ideas? I really want to play FTB again :(

Spotz

Jul 29, 2019
Delete the modpack then redownload it and leave out any other mods and start a new world......really sucks..that is probably the only way to play again though.
I can play other worlds that I create so I don't think I need to reinstall the modpack. Its just that the worlds that I crash on seem to become corrupt and I can't play them anymore.