Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
You also avoid mods like Railcraft because you need to make a Rolling machine to make rails and plates?... Or TiCo cause you have to make a smeltery to make metal tool parts?

The Metal Former is really well made IMO and it gives you a good feeling of progression very early on when you go from using Forge hammers etc to using the Metal former. And it is a step that I look very much forward to automating in my AE system.

I don't know the experimental version of IC2 yet. Maybe i will like the metal former too when I know it. I just think it's very frustrating to have to make such a complicated machine to make empty cells that were so simple and easy to make before. I'm OK to have to build an expansive machine to make powerfull/interesting stuff.

I like Railcraft and TiCo though. :)

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
My AE + NEI was working fine doing its thing (like when I typed in quarry it would show my all the quarries in NEI then I could just shift click the recipe into the AE crafter) Lately thats not been working. I don't know what I did. Anyone?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
My AE + NEI was working fine doing its thing (like when I typed in quarry it would show my all the quarries in NEI then I could just shift click the recipe into the AE crafter) Lately thats not been working. I don't know what I did. Anyone?
Have you disabled NEI? Are the items showing up when you type in the search box, or is the search box even showing? Try pressing O, or clicking on the Options button when you open your inventory and enabling NEI.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Yup theres a search box. Items are showing up. But in my crafting interface when I type them in it doesn't show them in NEI to the side. It just stays on whatever it was previously.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Question:
In Monster I have noticed some new enchants when enchanting books: Poison Ivy, Focus punch. Which mod adds these and is there a list somewhere where I can see which effects and what items these belongs to?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
How do I get light essence from the nexus structure to go to my machines?
It should go to machines like the Essence Refiner and Arcane Reconstructor automatically if they are close. The Light Nexus should show white glows arcing over, and the Dark Nexus should have a scary purple beam.

On a related note, what are the negative effects of using a Dark Nexus to power machines? There are dire warnings of corruption in the arcane compendium, but I've never seen anything unpleasant happen.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
It should go to machines like the Essence Refiner and Arcane Reconstructor automatically if they are close. The Light Nexus should show white glows arcing over, and the Dark Nexus should have a scary purple beam.

On a related note, what are the negative effects of using a Dark Nexus to power machines? There are dire warnings of corruption in the arcane compendium, but I've never seen anything unpleasant happen.

Do I need to put it on something other than grass?

7v8ae32.jpg

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Should be ok. Is the chalk sign rotating? The white beam indicates that you have hit it with a crystal wrench, which is used to link the nexus to something like a battery of a crafting altar. Maybe that is stopping it from auto-feeding that machine at the bottom of the shot? What is it?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

as far as I know the 'dire consequences' are there for flavor. the most negative things I know of are occasionally burning extra materials/not producing a product when crafting something(like in the refiner) and generating burnout/whatever that causes the machines to draw more mana. I don't remember if the burnout can cause machines to explode or if that was just the transfer nodes.

If it is not transferring directly to the machine with the crystal wrench which it looks like you are using you may need either a mana battery or the conduit/mana transfer thingie. Ars's energy transfer is kinda screwy and sometimes machines draw from the nearest source and sometimes they just don't recognize things as a source and need to be given a gentle nudge.

blueone

Jul 29, 2019
Does blood magic add ore generation or items in the world, because I want to add it to my existing world.