Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
lava and water i thought? sorry if im nooby
Using ExtraUtilities, if you place a transfer node facing a block of cobble between water and lava 1 cobble will be generated every second for each mining upgrade inserted into the node.

EDIT: need speed upgrades to transfer it out of the node asap, otherwise faster mining speed will just fill up the node.

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
my applied energistics system cant learn that 3 pulverized coal makes raw carbon fibre any ideas how to fix?
EDIT: gonna try a macerator
no luck with either pulverized coal or macerated

Last edited:

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
my applied energistics system cant learn that 3 pulverized coal makes raw carbon fibre any ideas how to fix?
EDIT: gonna try a macerator
no luck with either pulverized coal or macerated
Its a bug in NEI, you need 4 coal dusts/pulverised coal.

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
Recently I got into bee breeding again, and I've noticed that some of my princesses are Ignoble stock, and some are Pristine stock. What is the difference between the two?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Recently I got into bee breeding again, and I've noticed that some of my princesses are Ignoble stock, and some are Pristine stock. What is the difference between the two?
Ignorable are comparable with swarmer bees and will die out eventually. You do not want to use these for breeding. They can be used in "Bee House"(they wont die in the lowest tier bee house, but cant be automated) to produce some basic resources to fuel your Beealyzer etc. But else they are Genepoolfodder.

Pristine bees are the pure bees which you want to keep and use for breeding. They wont die out and can be bred and put in any type of housing without any ill effect.

EDIT: @Padfoote :p

Reactions: Padfoote

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013

Pristine will continue breeding, while ignoble will eventually die off.

Edit: Ninja'd

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
if you need to make hugely compressed cobble use igneous extruders. the more the quicker and with about 30 of those you can get all the cobble you need in no time

I'm just going to stick to other methods that also allow me to make things pretty. :p I plowed through a lot of the Thaumcraft research already so I should have access to the warding focus pretty soon.

It sounds like the cables just need a block update to be fixed. I could be wrong as I don't even have IC2 in my world, but I have heard that their cables will sometimes disconnect, requiring a block update to fix.

I've attempted to do that before but for some reason it was very inconsistent and didn't work all of the time so it resulted in me having to break and replace the cables anyway. I'm not exactly schooled on what specific actions cause block updates, though, so that may explain the inconsistency. What are some of the best, most compact or automated ways of causing block updates?

*edit* I think I might be going crazy. After going to look into it thinking maybe I'd do something with a turtle placing and breaking blocks underneath the cables, the issue doesn't seem to be occurring. This is weird because I was having the problem earlier today and I've made no changes to the pack in any way..

Last edited:

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just going to stick to other methods that also allow me to make things pretty. :p I plowed through a lot of the Thaumcraft research already so I should have access to the warding focus pretty soon.

I've attempted to do that before but for some reason it was very inconsistent and didn't work all of the time so it resulted in me having to break and replace the cables anyway. I'm not exactly schooled on what specific actions cause block updates, though, so that may explain the inconsistency. What are some of the best, most compact or automated ways of causing block updates?

*edit* I think I might be going crazy. After going to look into it thinking maybe I'd do something with a turtle placing and breaking blocks underneath the cables, the issue doesn't seem to be occurring. This is weird because I was having the problem earlier today and I've made no changes to the pack in any way..

Have you chunkloaded the area? I have been having problems with IC2 recently with(I think) machines getting unloaded and refusing to connect(when reloaded) with other machines including some MFR stuff I had powered by a nuke. I had to break and replace everything involved to get it all sorted and am wondering if a chunkloader might be a fix.

darkeshrine

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of connection do i need between my AE system and a MFR Deep Storage Unit? I'm currently using a storage bus because it's supposed to allow input and output, but it doesn't seem to work.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What kind of connection do i need between my AE system and a MFR Deep Storage Unit? I'm currently using a storage bus because it's supposed to allow input and output, but it doesn't seem to work.
You have to set the sides correctly that the storage bus on, I can't remember what setting it needs to be on but try messing with that. Also, I think you need at least one full stack of the material in the DSU before you can access it.

Last edited:

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Had a quick google and to no avail, I come to ask the simple question of Which mod changes Bedrocks ID? having a server mismatch and its besting me....

Yeti

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, although I've now discovered it to have been the Kami add on for Thaumcraft that was my problem.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks, although I've now discovered it to have been the Kami add on for Thaumcraft that was my problem.
Had the exact same problem :p forgot to enable the mod on the server and I just couldn't fathom why it was complaining about bedrock :p

Reactions: Yeti

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Have you chunkloaded the area? I have been having problems with IC2 recently with(I think) machines getting unloaded and refusing to connect(when reloaded) with other machines including some MFR stuff I had powered by a nuke. I had to break and replace everything involved to get it all sorted and am wondering if a chunkloader might be a fix.

Yeah, it's chunkloaded since it's in my main base. I was having similar issues in a previous world on an older version of the DW20 1.6.4 mod pack. This only happens with the Advanced Machines and not any other vanilla IC2 machines but again, it's not happening now. I have to wait until another issue I've been having occurs to see if they're related at all.