Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Easiest way is start a world let it load all the properties and stuff, stop the server, delete the world it made and change properties as you see fit
Yeah figured that out. I let it make a world, stopped it, altered the settings, copied over a singleplayer world and the server seems to be running fine now.

Just got one problem. I cannot see the server in the client. Do I need to do something special for it to work when on the same PC?

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah figured that out. I let it make a world, stopped it, altered the settings, copied over a singleplayer world and the server seems to be running fine now.

Just got one problem. I cannot see the server in the client. Do I need to do something special for it to work when on the same PC?

Try adding "localhost" (without quotes) as a server. If it's hosted on the computer you are playing on, and you did not change the default port, then it should work.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
I'm actually satisfied if the answer is nada, I just hate scratching my head if a proper solution actually exists.

Yeah I want to be able to read states of blocks and fire off redstone signals; the BC structure pipes + gates were good for that, but I don't want to introduce BC into my Horizons world.

Thanks kindly.

Computer craft is capable of reading anything that BC gates can.

Reactions: Pyure

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Try adding "localhost" (without quotes) as a server. If it's hosted on the computer you are playing on, and you did not change the default port, then it should work.
Yeah nothing came up from it scanning for local hosts, so I just tried to "Add server" and punched in my own IP. Worked like a charm :p
Thanks though

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Question: I am trying to set up a FTB server on my own PC just for myself for Monster to see if it helps with performance.
I doubt very much whether a dedicated server plus a client running on the same PC will be any more efficient than a single process doing both. Although, maybe it will be able to use 2 CPUs instead of just one, as I don't think Minecraft will use two CPUs in a single instance. CMIIW.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
I doubt very much whether a dedicated server plus a client running on the same PC will be any more efficient than a single process doing both. Although, maybe it will be able to use 2 CPUs instead of just one, as I don't think Minecraft will use two CPUs in a single instance. CMIIW.
The benefit is with the fact that, with a chunkloader, processes can continue without you being on. Generally, before I stop for the day, I start and chunkload some processes that take a while.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The benefit is with the fact that, with a chunkloader, processes can continue without you being on. Generally, before I stop for the day, I start and chunkload some processes that take a while.
True, with a regular client you can't have stuff running without your character standing around somewhere.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Yeah it is primarily to force it to use more than one core on things(Without Optifine which ofc are causing equal problems as it fixes now :( ). Running a server and a client you can make absolutely sure that the processes are spread out over as many cores as it possibly can(probably 2-3 max I guess). But a side effect seems that it has also stopped the bad RAM yoyo'ing I was getting in singleplayer normally. Server just stays at a steady level and so does the client. FPS spikes caused by the memory dumps seems to be almost completely gone.

So all in all it as so given a significant boost IMO. Think I will keep testing it out for a while. At least I will get some practice with the server client if I later decide to set up one for even further improvement.

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Any1 know why these item ducts aren't pulling from the chest?

Attachments

• 2014-03-08_21.17.55.png
    2014-03-08_21.17.55.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 71

efr44738

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. And the other end was set to receive. Apparently item ducts can't pull from tesseracts. When I put the tesseract on the other side next to a chest it started working

TheGreekMnan2

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah. And the other end was set to receive. Apparently item ducts can't pull from tesseracts. When I put the tesseract on the other side next to a chest it started working
yeah item ducts can be pulled from directly but you could play a chest underneath and hook up item ducts there[DOUBLEPOST=1394338287][/DOUBLEPOST]
how do i clear big areas qiuckly in FTB Lite 2 since there's no BC Machines?
use the filler and land marks or if you dont have power id build some tinkers construct tools

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
yeah item ducts can be pulled from directly but you could play a chest underneath and hook up item ducts there[DOUBLEPOST=1394338287][/DOUBLEPOST]
use the filler and land marks or if you dont have power id build some tinkers construct tools
He said no BC machines.
Edit: BC adds the filler.