Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep a chest supplied with a certain amount of items using AE? I want to have a chest that has 64 of each ingot, redstone, coal etc. so I'll always have some on hand since my system converts all of that stuff into blocks automatically.

A precision export bus won't work because it won't let you specify a certain amount. The ME interface sort of does what I want it to but it doesn't seem insert the items into the chest. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible with the ME interface?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to keep a chest supplied with a certain amount of items using AE? I want to have a chest that has 64 of each ingot, redstone, coal etc. so I'll always have some on hand since my system converts all of that stuff into blocks automatically.

A precision export bus won't work because it won't let you specify a certain amount. The ME interface sort of does what I want it to but it doesn't seem insert the items into the chest. Am I doing something wrong or is it not possible with the ME interface?
The easiest ways to accomplish this don't use just ME. Thaumcraft golems, ExtraUtils rationing pipes, and Logistics Pipes come to mind. However, if your goal is to simply keep stuff on hand rather than feeding them into a chest, ME is exceedingly simple to use - just add a level emitter on the export busses handling the automatic conversion of your stuff.

Reactions: ZeCowMan

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
The easiest ways to accomplish this don't use just ME. Thaumcraft golems, ExtraUtils rationing pipes, and Logistics Pipes come to mind. However, if your goal is to simply keep stuff on hand rather than feeding them into a chest, ME is exceedingly simple to use - just add a level emitter on the export busses handling the automatic conversion of your stuff.

The reason I want to go with AE is because that's the system I already have for sorting, automation, etc. I also wanted to use a chest so all of the stuff was in one place instead of being in multiple inventories (there's more than 8 things that I want on hand). I'm currently just using two ME interfaces since they do the job but, again, I would like the stuff to be in a single inventory.

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
The reason I want to go with AE is because that's the system I already have for sorting, automation, etc. I also wanted to use a chest so all of the stuff was in one place instead of being in multiple inventories (there's more than 8 things that I want on hand). I'm currently just using two ME interfaces since they do the job but, again, I would like the stuff to be in a single inventory.
Use the supplier subnetwork http://ae1.ae-mod.info/Subnetworks/Supplier/ :)

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I should have been more clear - the solutions I'm thinking of can be used in conjunction with AE. For example: if you have an ME interface set to export some item and a golem tied to the interface set to keep your chest supplied with a stack of that item you'll get the desired effect. Though, if you've got that many items you may not want to use golems - it can get a little messy.

Is there a particular reason you need the items to be in a chest/ME interface rather than just accessing them from your ME terminal? A standard setup for me is to have a precision export bus pointed at whatever machine will be doing the processing with a level emitter pointed at the bus. If you set the bus to only be active while not receiving a redstone signal and set the level emitter to emit when below a certain threshold (you can of course flip the redstone states). This way it will always process your stuff, but only as long as you have enough reserve items of the base material.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I used to know how to do this but I played Skyrim nonstop for several months and now I've forgotten...

Let's say I have several Mystcraft linking books on bookstands in a room; one for my Nether Base, one for my Twilight Forest base, etc... How do I make it so that the names of the books' destinations show up without having to right click on the book?

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
I used to know how to do this but I played Skyrim nonstop for several months and now I've forgotten...

Let's say I have several Mystcraft linking books on bookstands in a room; one for my Nether Base, one for my Twilight Forest base, etc... How do I make it so that the names of the books' destinations show up without having to right click on the book?
config/mystcraft/core.cfg
Code:
  B:options.renderlabels=true

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019

I'll have to look into that. Thank you!

I should have been more clear - the solutions I'm thinking of can be used in conjunction with AE. For example: if you have an ME interface set to export some item and a golem tied to the interface set to keep your chest supplied with a stack of that item you'll get the desired effect. Though, if you've got that many items you may not want to use golems - it can get a little messy.

Is there a particular reason you need the items to be in a chest/ME interface rather than just accessing them from your ME terminal? A standard setup for me is to have a precision export bus pointed at whatever machine will be doing the processing with a level emitter pointed at the bus. If you set the bus to only be active while not receiving a redstone signal and set the level emitter to emit when below a certain threshold (you can of course flip the redstone states). This way it will always process your stuff, but only as long as you have enough reserve items of the base material.

I figured that but I have no research done in Thaumcraft and I don't feel like setting up a logistics system just for this. I might use logistics when I start building farms but for now I can't be bothered. :p I'm going to look into the Extra Utilities stuff, though, since that's pretty simple to make. Thank you for your help!

The reason is that I have all of my ingots, redstone, coal, etc. crafted into blocks once they go into the system. The reason I turn everything into blocks is because I have so much stuff coming in from multiple quarries running. Obvious I can just access the blocks and convert them myself but it makes things a bit easier having them ready to use. The ME interface thing is working pretty well at this point. I do like the idea of having that stuff going into an ender chest, though. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
You don't actually need a full-fledged logistics system for what Neirin said. You'd just need the provider/supplier combo(1 each) and the power junction or w/e it's called. Connect supplier to the chest you want, connect provider to a blank ME interface. Provide power via the junction. 3 blocks total and integrated with the system you already have.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
You don't actually need a full-fledged logistics system for what Neirin said. You'd just need the provider/supplier combo(1 each) and the power junction or w/e it's called. Connect supplier to the chest you want, connect provider to a blank ME interface. Provide power via the junction. 3 blocks total and integrated with the system you already have.

Yeah, I just set it up. I thought it was going to be a bit more expensive than it was hence the hesitation. Works perfectly! Thanks again to all those who've helped me!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Sorry if I've asked this before; I can't seem to find it via search.

Does anyone know of a block in any non-buildcraft mod that detects "Has Work" and such, similar to BC Gates?

I can get by at the moment with just "Has Work" but all the BC Gate block state detection would be handy.
The only thing I can think of is the Gate Reader from MiscPeripherals, which probably isn't what you're looking for, because its crafting recipe includes a Buildcraft gate. I'm assuming that you don't want to mess with Buildcraft at all.

Actually, it's somewhat simpler than that. Instead of the Power Junction, you can place a Basic Logistics Pipe adjacent to an ME Interface to power the Logipipe network. In fact, you might not even need that- the Provider Pipe may (or may not) be able to take power from the Interface; I'm not sure.

But I do know that Basic Logistics Pipes can take power from ME Interfaces, and you probably have a couple extra.

Reactions: Pyure

Jack0928PC

Jul 29, 2019
In the Direwolf20 pack v1.0.18, What are some alternative portals to get around from dimension to dimension. Mystcraft is Disabled, and Qcraft portals aren't implemented yet in the Direwolf20 Pack.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
The only thing I can think of is the Gate Reader from MiscPeripherals, which probably isn't what you're looking for, because its crafting recipe includes a Buildcraft gate. I'm assuming that you don't want to mess with Buildcraft at all.
{+stuff that helps ppl who aren't me and who cares about them anyway}
I'm actually satisfied if the answer is nada, I just hate scratching my head if a proper solution actually exists.

Yeah I want to be able to read states of blocks and fire off redstone signals; the BC structure pipes + gates were good for that, but I don't want to introduce BC into my Horizons world.

Thanks kindly.

Yosomith

Jul 29, 2019
Hmmm, upgraded Monster to 1.1.0 today and I'm curious about something. Jet fuel from Rotarycraft is taking 8000mb to fill a bucket. As I haven't really played with Rotarycraft before my question is, Is this normal? Or is there something messed up with the configs?

I will note, I do get 8000mb back out of the bucket so nothing is lost, I just think it odd.

KIllercat5678

Jul 29, 2019
hey, I was wondering if you know what is wrong with my ftb launcher. I click launch and it downloads etc and then when it starts up it opens like normal mc without any mods. Ive tried everything, please help!.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I've delved a bit into thaumcraft 4 in a world, and it is impossible to place paper on the research table no matter what I try!
Please help this is insane!