Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
They also need it to grow

Not true. I have Aluminum, Copper, Tin, Iron, Gold and Essence berries growing in a 9x9 room lit with a torch in the center of each wall. I've even found (in older versions, granted) ore berries growing outside in daylight.

Some, like the Essence bush mature a bit faster in the dark, but once fully grown produce berries just as fast at any light level.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Every craft you can do with the crucible you can also do as an infusion. Instead of having to tips things into the crucible make sure you have them in the jars. The catalyst goes on the center pedestal

Are you sure about this ? It doesn't work for me. Maybe we don't use the same Thaumcraft version (mine is 4.0.5).

Trying to make ethereal bloom, I put a shimerleaf on the central pedestal and the required essentia jars around. When I give a wand hit on the runic matrix, nothing happens. :/

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
I am using ReisFNSK minimap.. still couldn't figure out whats wrong here :(

The waypoints files seems to be in the minecraft/mods/rei_minimap folder. You should find .points files in this folder. But maybe config files are reset on updates (which would be stupid). Which would mean your waypoints are gone.

We should save every important config files before updating.

Source

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
REI's minimap is a special case, because the Mods folder is cleared out on updating. The other two maps don't suffer this issue.

Question: is it possible to set up AE so that it automatically performs a crafting operation any time the resources are available? I would like for any Gold Nuggets entering the system to be crafted into Gold Ingots.

Reactions: guiguilyon

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Question: is it possible to set up AE so that it automatically performs a crafting operation any time the resources are available? I would like for any Gold Nuggets entering the system to be crafted into Gold Ingots.
Personally I'd just set up a bank of Cyclic Assemblers for that. I don't think there's a way that is entirely internal to AE.

Reactions: HeffronCM

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way with steves carts to have a cart drop off its stuff and then just wait? I have a cart i wanted to run from my base to my dark room, pick up loot there from a cargo manager, and then have it come back, drop off its stuff and then wait until I tell it to go out again, instead of just hopping back and forth constantly and burning charcoal for just a few drops.

is this possible? Or maybe is there a way to do it with railcraft instead? Im totally new to carts.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way with steves carts to have a cart drop off its stuff and then just wait? I have a cart i wanted to run from my base to my dark room, pick up loot there from a cargo manager, and then have it come back, drop off its stuff and then wait until I tell it to go out again, instead of just hopping back and forth constantly and burning charcoal for just a few drops.

is this possible? Or maybe is there a way to do it with railcraft instead? Im totally new to carts.
A holding track from railcraft might hold the steves cart.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
A holding track from railcraft might hold the steves cart.

Hmm interesting, thanks. I was wondering how much you can interchange railcraft and steves carts stuff. Railcraft powers the rails, steves carts makes powered carts. If i put a powered cart over a holding track, it will just burn through its fuel while standing there, I think. Ill try it .thanks.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
anyone knows a mod that adds some alarm when trigger with redstone or something. i know nuclear control have them but i dont feel like adding eu mods in my pack.

ZeCowMan

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to force a packager to only package something in a 3x3 grid instead of a 2x2?

My issue is that for my ore processing system, all of my ingots are set to be turned into blocks but a bunch of them are being turned into plates from Universal Electricity instead. I am using AE for my sorting system if that information is needed.

There are some work-arounds that I can think of that might work (auto workbench or cyclic assembler), but I was just wondering if this is possible at all.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
REI's minimap is a special case, because the Mods folder is cleared out on updating. The other two maps don't suffer this issue.

set an ME export bus with mode-always craft and the gold ingot in its slot aimed at an ME interface. it will continually try to craft gold ingots and send them into the ME interface, which of course goes right back into the system. you can do 8 always'crafts per precision export bus with this setup, or use a level emitter on the bus to cap or trigger crafting

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Sorry if I've asked this before; I can't seem to find it via search.

Does anyone know of a block in any non-buildcraft mod that detects "Has Work" and such, similar to BC Gates?

I can get by at the moment with just "Has Work" but all the BC Gate block state detection would be handy.