Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

xkr4ll3

Jul 29, 2019
Well im a bit of a retard, how to i get into the config files (p.s. There aint any parts of metallurgy deactivated in the modpack)
And i cant seem to find anymanganeese in my world, is it only in a specific biome or is it just rare..
I can make armor that is not my problem, its just the tools, and in NEI it doesnt show the recipe for the tools :/

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Well im a bit of a retard, how to i get into the config files (p.s. There aint any parts of metallurgy deactivated in the modpack)
They are just normal text files. Open them in notepad or similar text editor.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What is the exact radius that lava sets flammable materials on fire?
The wiki says 1 block down, 1 block sideways (including diagonals), and 4 blocks up. Seems a little smaller than I remember, but I guess it's been a while since I've let anything burn down. Do note that's the area in which the fire can spawn, so a wooden wall 2 blocks away could still catch fire on its interior face.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Is there an equivalent for the EU-reader? (which is broken, and has been for months afaict)
Last I checked (which was a while back), Thermal Expansion had a Multimeter that worked on conduits, liquiducts, and all TE's machines (if not MJ/RF consumers in general); RedPower had a Voltmeter that can read both BT cables and RP fluid pipes (for some reason); Factorization has a Charge Meter that works on all its wires and machines; and I'm pretty sure that Rotarycraft has an in-place gizmo (that might be called Dynamometer) that displays the speed and torque of the shaft passing though it, as well as a handheld device that does the same thing.

If you're looking for something that works on IC2 cables, though, I don't think there is one. Might be time to bug Thunderdark or Player or somebody about that... although, they probably won't fix it until they finalize their new experimental energy system.

Pumpkin Cultist

Jul 29, 2019
How do I disable the "Crafting Profiling" part of nei that shows when I look up the use/recipe of some items? It shows things like fireworks, shapeless ic2 crafting, shaped ic2 crafting, shapeless and shaped crafting..?

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a golem which can use items(like a watering can)? Or a block similar to the RP2 Deployer?

If you are on a 1.6.4 pack with TE in it, try the Autonomous Activator. Can do left clicks and right clicks, shift or no. The watering can was nerfed though, to only be usable by real players, not any fake players. So nothing automatic can use that anymore.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
So an IC2e question. What are the voltage tiers now? In 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 It was 32, 128, 512 and 2048. What are they now? I was placing transformer upgraded in machines before I connect them directly to a MFSU. Wila said the machine was 32 eu/t without any upgraded. I placed one upgrade in and wila jumped it to 512 eu/t. A 2nd upgrade and wila report 2048 eu/t. Any ideas? I would like to have it set correctly in case they ever do fix the energy net.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
Can I put essentia from warded jar into the crucible without using phials ? With some kind of pipes or anything else.

I don't wanna waste essentia by throwing items in directly in the crucible if possible, nor wasting glass and clay in phials.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Can I put essentia from warded jar into the crucible without using phials ? With some kind of pipes or anything else.

I don't wanna waste essentia by throwing items in directly in the crucible if possible, nor wasting glass and clay in phials.

Your best bet to not waste essentia is use to setup a mana bean farm and use the mana beans in the crucible. If you Auram just use an Auram mana bean.

Reactions: guiguilyon

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
So an IC2e question. What are the voltage tiers now? In 1.4.7 and 1.5.2 It was 32, 128, 512 and 2048. What are they now? I was placing transformer upgraded in machines before I connect them directly to a MFSU. Wila said the machine was 32 eu/t without any upgraded. I placed one upgrade in and wila jumped it to 512 eu/t. A 2nd upgrade and wila report 2048 eu/t. Any ideas? I would like to have it set correctly in case they ever do fix the energy net.

I'm not sure but they have already stopped development on ic2 1.6.4 and have moved development to a 1.7 environment. So this will only be an issue if you end up moving the world from 1.6 to 1.7.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019

No the only way to go from jars to crucible is by phial, but Henry Link is right, a mana bean farm is an excellent source of essentia for crucible use.

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013

Every craft you can do with the crucible you can also do as an infusion. Instead of having to tips things into the crucible make sure you have them in the jars. The catalyst goes on the center pedestal

Reactions: guiguilyon