Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Lirannl

Jul 29, 2019
Well that's why there are bees right? :D
On the topic of bees, you can produce huge amounts of fuel and run even more boilers, refined/distilled bees are your best bet.

Reactions: Henry Link

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a limit to how many canola seeds (RotaryCraft) I can plant in a specific area?
I'm using autonomous activators and it worked perfectly for my automated magic crops farm (I'm using golems) but there are less and less spots I can plant the canola seeds on - it just won't let me place them in the free spots. Golems, on the other hand, are able to replant them everywhere. There's nothing above the farm, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work. :(
1st screenshot: 1st planting
2nd screenshot: 4th time planting

Attachments

• 1sttime.png
    1sttime.png
    435.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 4thtime.png
    4thtime.png
    452.3 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
How do I break silverwood log without breacking the aura node inside ?

The server I play on, only let you break silverwood using vanilla axe (to prevent lag). So when I break a silverlog with a node inside it breaks the node too.

How can I merge two nodes from silverwood into a bigger one ?

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
What item is a good source of the Ordo aspect in Thaumcraft 4? The only one I have in my possession currently is Order Shards, and those have been relatively rare for me compared to other resources, so I'd like to have a more common or renewable source for the aspect (since I'll be using it to refine ore into native clusters).

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Do Silverwood trees still spawn in the Twilight Forest? With Thaumcraft 3 that used to be a great source for them. However, with Thaumcraft 4 all I've found are Greatwood trees.

Reactions: guiguilyon

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Thanks. So you can't improve an existing node? can you create big or pure nodes

I haven't found any magical forest yet. Is it rare?
Rare is a relative term. It all depends on your choice of world gen and biome mods. In Monster with ATG+BoP+Highlands they can be somewhat rare, but not to an extreme extent.

But if you are specifically looking to farm some silverwood trees, I would look into making a mystcraft age of magical forest.

mattyice2424

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i have a question about EU to MJ conversion. I'm using an ultimate hybrid to power my electrical engines and they have an enhanced circuit with 2 bronze electron tubes. is this the best way to get the most out of my EU to MJ? I'm trying to overpower my quarry to get a super speedy one

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
hey guys i have a question about EU to MJ conversion. I'm using an ultimate hybrid to power my electrical engines and they have an enhanced circuit with 2 bronze electron tubes. is this the best way to get the most out of my EU to MJ? I'm trying to overpower my quarry to get a super speedy one
mattyice2424, which modpack? If you're using Monster, I *think* you have powerconverters, which will convert losslessly, quickly and compactly (and some say OPedly.)
* Edited: I think you need to look for something called an Energy Bridge in NEI, which is from the PowerConverters mod

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
unleashed my bad haha
No worries :) Unfortunately Unleashed doesn't have PowerConverters. I think you're already onto the "best" way to convert EU to MJ as a result.

You can try adding the mod yourself (I don't think it has any worldgen), but highly recommend you back up your world first. The good news is that the same mod author already has mods in that pack, including the PowerCrystalsCore mod (which PowerConverters requires), so there's a reasonable possibility it will integrate cleanly.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/ftb-unleashed-adding-power-converters.26953/

Might help if you decide to go that route.

Edited!! I just read my own link further down and apparently PowerConverters IS in Unleashed but disabled by default (Some ppl gripe about it being a bit too awesome). See that thread about how to enable disabled mods. Or, in short, at your FTB Launcher, click Edit Mod Pack.

xkr4ll3

Jul 29, 2019
Check configs. Maybe not all parts of metallurgy are enabled. Also some tools/armors, like bronze stuff are suppressed by IC2 recipies.

btw, I really like metallurgy with extra tic addon...
Well im a bit of a retard, how to i get into the config files (p.s. There aint any parts of metallurgy deactivated in the modpack)