Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
so, the function of a single automatic crafting table from BC, requiring the complexity of a multi-block structure? seriously? or is it for, say, clicking on a gravichest plate's recipe and having it magically craft it from the base resources in the system?
Yes. Exactly that. If you teach it all the steps, it can make pretty much anything.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
so, the function of a single automatic crafting table from BC, requiring the complexity of a multi-block structure? seriously? or is it for, say, clicking on a gravichest plate's recipe and having it magically craft it from the base resources in the system?
Yes. Exactly that. If you teach it all the steps, it can make pretty much anything.
Yes, and with the ability to "outsource" autocrafting by putting crafting patterns in ME interfaces you can incoorperate crafting steps like furnace smeltings, filling buckets with water, forestry carpenter crafts, railcraft rolling machines and much much more. And this does indeed allow you to order a Gravichest plate from the ME network with nothing but basic raw materials(raw coal, sticky resin, iron, UU-matter etc). I have done this a few times now in several worlds. It takes a bit of time and effort setting up all the patterns properly, but overall I would say it is easier than making it all manually.

I am also quite addicted to the MAC. I do never make the crafting terminal any more. Instead I make patterns for EVERYTHING I need to make instead. I put a ME fuzzy export bus on the MAC putting any written patterns in the ME network into the MAC, which means I can write patterns from anywhere and just dump them into the ME network. After a short update the recipe will then show up in the access terminals. Everywhere in my base where there is an ME access terminal I also have an adjacent pattern writer thingy(forgot its name). I find this much preferable to always having to go to the MAC to make new patterns.

Last edited:

ReaperGuy666

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a really good question for you. I don't know if it's simple or not, but here goes. Is there a way to have one modpack, have several saves with that modpack and have each save with different mods enabled/disabled without having to turn them on and off manually?

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Here's a really good question for you. I don't know if it's simple or not, but here goes. Is there a way to have one modpack, have several saves with that modpack and have each save with different mods enabled/disabled without having to turn them on and off manually?
MultiMC is perfect for this.

Reactions: Not_Steve

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Not within the FTB launcher. What I would do is to rename the modpack directory to a different name for each modpack variant, and name-swap the directories before running the launcher. So, I might have folders called Monster1, Monster2, and Monster3, and I rename Monster2 to Monster before running the launcher and then rename it back to Monster2 afterwards.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

Sandro Cella

Jul 29, 2019
How do you breed Carbon bee on DW20 1.6.4, Nei says Stannum + Spitefull bee, but i tried in the overworl, the nether, the end, with carbon blocks below the alveary with no luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1393520558][/DOUBLEPOST]After a server restart, our ender thermic pump arent working until someone goes in the nether and then their fine. It seems like the nether does not load unless someone goes there. Any fix for this?
Thanks

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
After a server restart, our ender thermic pump arent working until someone goes in the nether and then their fine. It seems like the nether does not load unless someone goes there. Any fix for this?
Thanks
This is most likely a setting to chunkloaders(a pretty good one imo) that prevents long time afk players chunkloaders from loading all the time. This way someone has to go "initiate" it for them to load, after which they will stay loaded until the next server restart.

Could also be the way the enderthermic pump is designed to load new areas itself. You might try and put a spotloader or chunkloader restricted to one chunk on the pumps chunk and see if that kickstarts it.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
How do you breed Carbon bee on DW20 1.6.4, Nei says Stannum + Spitefull bee, but i tried in the overworl, the nether, the end, with carbon blocks below the alveary with no luck.[DOUBLEPOST=1393520558][/DOUBLEPOST]After a server restart, our ender thermic pump arent working until someone goes in the nether and then their fine. It seems like the nether does not load unless someone goes there. Any fix for this?
Thanks

If I remember correctly it was a coal ore block. Not a block of coal.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do Nagas in the Twilight Forest de-spawn if you move away from them?
I think they might actually. Seem to remember loosing a few kills since I went exploring a bit further before going to kill them off. But been so long since I really explored the TF.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I think they might actually. Seem to remember loosing a few kills since I went exploring a bit further before going to kill them off. But been so long since I really explored the TF.
I also had a problem in a previous world when I tried to use one to break some bedrock. Used a Portal Gun to send it to an excavated minotaur maze, and when I flew over to it, no sign of it. Perhaps I should have dropped through the portal, it probably de-spawned when I got close-but-too-far.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Do any of the IC2 or Gregtech tools mine anything like a TiCo hammer (more than 1x1)?

I last used the laser drill thingy a year or so ago, and while it was pretty sweet in long range mode, I still felt it was inferior to an upgraded hammer doing its 3x3 business, both in terms of productivity and longevity before recharge/repair.

My goal is to try to disconnect myself from dependency on TiCo but its so hard when its mining tools are so amazing...

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Do any of the IC2 or Gregtech tools mine anything like a TiCo hammer (more than 1x1)?

I last used the laser drill thingy a year or so ago, and while it was pretty sweet in long range mode, I still felt it was inferior to an upgraded hammer doing its 3x3 business, both in terms of productivity and longevity before recharge/repair.

My goal is to try to disconnect myself from dependency on TiCo but its so hard when its mining tools are so amazing...
No, TiCo is the best for everything; from tools to ore processing. Get a hammer with the moss upgrade and you can mine for centuries.

Reactions: Pyure

Caridor

Jul 29, 2019
If I hooked up some magmatic engines to a redstone conduit, could it explode if there wasn't enough energy being used?
I'm hearing different things from different places.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
If I hooked up some magmatic engines to a redstone conduit, could it explode if there wasn't enough energy being used?
I'm hearing different things from different places.
Dynamo or Engine? Dynamos don't explode, Engines do.