Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Nostrand

Jul 29, 2019
If NEI does not display the recipe and the right side is blank, it might be disabled on the client. Did you make any changes to anything? Is anyone on the server able to craft this recipe? If you go into singleplayer, can you craft it?
I found the issue for the problem. After crafting the Tome it's ID is 27480:256. The ID needed for the recipes is 27480. The recipe is bugged and gives me a tome with some what I am guessing is Metadata after it. I can just get the admin to give me the normal one.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed DW20 updated in the launcher, anyone know when they will move 1.15/16 to recommended?
<spooky voice activate>Nobody knows <spooky voice deactivate> But seriously, probably when TC4.1 is a bit more stable and all the mods and ends are updated for it, also probably when the other mods who had major changes are more stable-ish. TC, Extra utilities and a bunch of other things just had sizable updates, just look at that changelog.
What's the rush?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Curious: what version of thaumcraft did you plant them in? Also did they have pure nodes, and if so were the pure nodes in the trunk or branches. I ask because I was recently changing a desert biome into Magical forest for bees and general build purposes and I only experienced the change in a 15x15 area.
One of my silverwood trees has converted a 15x15 area. It has no node in it at all, which is confusing, as I thought only trees with nodes would convert the biome. I have another tree with no node that didn't convert. The other that didn't is a fairly small tree with no side branches, the one that did convert 15x15 does have branches. No idea if that is significant.

So, my observations so far are:

Small tree, no node, no conversion.
Large tree, no node, 15x15.
Large trees, with nodes, 17x17. Node types are unknown as trees have been cut down.[DOUBLEPOST=1392979798][/DOUBLEPOST]
I noticed DW20 updated in the launcher, anyone know when they will move 1.15/16 to recommended?
If problems are found, then never. If no major problems are found, usually a couple of days. In other words, as with all FTB releases, "it will be ready when it is ready".

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
One of my silverwood trees has converted a 15x15 area. It has no node in it at all, which is confusing, as I thought only trees with nodes would convert the biome. I have another tree with no node that didn't convert. The other that didn't is a fairly small tree with no side branches, the one that did convert 15x15 does have branches. No idea if that is significant.

So, my observations so far are:

Small tree, no node, no conversion.
Large tree, no node, 15x15.
Large trees, with nodes, 17x17. Node types are unknown as trees have been cut down.

Ya before I stopped testing (was having CTD issues and decided to stop everything I was doing at the time) I had a 21x21 square that had 2 adjacent sides converted.
My own suspicions: Silverwoods occasionally convert the biome on their own. I have not noticed size to be a limiting factor, I had an area convert with the smallest sized tree.
Pure nodes in the tree appear to have an effect. The 21 square had a tree with 2 pure nodes on branches which appeared to be the center of a conversion that extended 9 squares out (so it would have formed a 17x17 square)
That tree's biome ended up looking like a trefoil. but it did not have time to fully convert whatever area it was going to convert before I had to revert to an earlier backup.

Basically my own observations mimic yours, trees on their own have the potential to convert a 15x15. sometimes the node will only reach that far as well, but the nodes appear to have a maximum reach of 17x17 when grown. Sometimes. Maybe. Or I could have created a delusion where this all happened to try and overwrite the memory of rebooting a world 4 times in 2 hours.

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
I've been doing some bee breeding and made it up to Blitz bees last night. Imagine my surprise to find a production speed faster than "Fastest"... the only problem is that I can't get the serum. I've run nearly two stacks of Blitz bees with the trait through the Isolator and still can't get the Blinding production speed serum. Is there a trick? Does the RNG just hate me? Maybe some sort of problem with the versions I'm running perhaps? I'm running the DW20 pack on version on 1.0.14 with the mod versions below.

Forestry 2.3.1.0
Magic Bees 2.1.11
Binnie's Mods 1.8.0

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I've been doing some bee breeding and made it up to Blitz bees last night. Imagine my surprise to find a production speed faster than "Fastest"... the only problem is that I can't get the serum.
Check NEI to see if the serum exists. If it doesn't, there are two possibilities: Binnie overlooked it, or deliberately excluded it as being too powerful. You can still cross-breed to get the trait into another species, or do a wholesale serum conversion to turn your Blitz bees into another species with the traits you want. If it does exist, then either it's just very rare to isolate it, or there's a bug.

Reactions: Phil__M

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
In my ongoing FTB Ultimate world, I've amassed a few thousand of each of XCraft's crystals (the coloured ones as well as the dreaded "icicles of the devil"). Is there any practical use for those? Anything fun I can do with them? If not, my plan would be to fill a 4k storage cell with the crap and dump it into lava.

I also wonder what made the mods decide to include XyCraft in FTB, or why its creator set the spawn rates for its ores so ridiculously high. If Quartz Crystals had been one third as common as Uranium, there'd still be way too many of them. Especially considering that because they are transparent, they will keep a total number of seven extra blocks loaded into memory per generated crystal. On the bright side, this means that quarries eventually will cause less lag than virgin land, due to the crystals being removed.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
In my ongoing FTB Ultimate world, I've amassed a few thousand of each of XCraft's crystals (the coloured ones as well as the dreaded "icicles of the devil"). Is there any practical use for those? Anything fun I can do with them? If not, my plan would be to fill a 4k storage cell with the crap and dump it into lava.

I also wonder what made the mods decide to include XyCraft in FTB, or why its creator set the spawn rates for its ores so ridiculously high. If Quartz Crystals had been one third as common as Uranium, there'd still be way too many of them. Especially considering that because they are transparent, they will keep a total number of seven extra blocks loaded into memory per generated crystal. On the bright side, this means that quarries eventually will cause less lag than virgin land, due to the crystals being removed.

Because the mod author is friends with direwolf20.

Uses: the green crystals can be used for xycraft soil, which is really really powerful. The green crystals will be the only one you can conceivably use in bulk. A stack of the quartz crystals will cover you, as they are only used in tank valves, IIRC. Hmm, wait, it was the block you could put into a tank to detect fluid levels, which is used even less than valves. The others are only used for decoration, or at most you need a few stacks of the blue for a few things. I doubt a new version would have world gen done the same way, a lot of people remarked that the crystals caused lag and other issues. The fabricator, btw, is the most powerful auto crafting block ever created. ;) Need a hundred thousand end stone with an alkahest? No problem, fabricator's got your back. 10 minutes later, 100K end stone.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
In my ongoing FTB Ultimate world, I've amassed a few thousand of each of XCraft's crystals (the coloured ones as well as the dreaded "icicles of the devil"). Is there any practical use for those? Anything fun I can do with them?
Xycraft Soil, Liquid Void, Fabricator, etc., but if you don't need any of those, overflowing them into lava is a reasonable option.
I also wonder what made the mods decide to include XyCraft in FTB, or why its creator set the spawn rates for its ores so ridiculously high.
It's a good mod. There's some cool stuff in it, the Fabricator is especially awesome, if a bit laggy (I used to leave mine turned off). It was going to be expanded, with an awesome-looking energy net, but Soaryn decided to hold off on the new features until a later version of MineCraft. I agree that the crystals were not a great idea. If there were fewer of them, say 10x fewer, but they dropped more crystals, that would have been a better option. Part of the problem with the other coloured crystals is that they are the main resource for XyCraft, like copper and tin are for TE3. Copper and tin are used in other mods, though, so no-one minds having more of those than they need for TE3. I'm interested to see how Soaryn handles these problems when the new version comes out, I'm sure he's aware of the uproar that the first version generated.

*Edit* Hm, is there such a thing as a block replacer? Can MCEdit replace blocks in the world? That would be one way to handle it, just replace all the XyCraft quartz with stone. Is there a WorldEdit that works with FTB? I had a ton of fun with SPC&WE a couple of years back in vanilla.

Reactions: Kyll.Ing.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
I know this isn't a support thread, but I know you guys check it a lot, so:
I'm having a issue where when I click any item in my inventory, it disappears, then if I click again it reappears! I can't click and move the item around, it just disappears when clicked, and reappears when I click anywhere else in my inventory.
please help this is getting annoying. I've tried restarting FTB and logging in and out of my world, still no sign of a fix.
I would also like to mention it happened when I was standing in a unloaded chunk which just became loaded where you could just look down and see the ores and stuff.

Fixed!

Last edited:

Phil__M

Jul 29, 2019
Check NEI to see if the serum exists. If it doesn't, there are two possibilities: Binnie overlooked it, or deliberately excluded it as being too powerful. You can still cross-breed to get the trait into another species, or do a wholesale serum conversion to turn your Blitz bees into another species with the traits you want. If it does exist, then either it's just very rare to isolate it, or there's a bug.
Very few serums show up in NEI by default. It's the same as with the bees... I think they only want you to be able to spawn in the low level stuff and still have to work your way up to the good stuff. I'm fine with that as I've been breeding everything else by hand anyway. And I do have the serums for everything else I need, so I'm probably going to have to go the wholesale conversion route. I just figured I'd stop here first to see if I was overlooking something obvious. Thanks.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
What happens if you press 'q' when mousing over an item? It should drop it onto the floor. Can you shift-click or mouse-wheel your items into a chest?
Fixed now!
I can click Q and it will drop. It seems than it just fixed itself, don't know how...
Thanks anyway though! :)

ProfessorMudkip

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a list for the energy consumption and production for every mod in FTB? I need it as a total amount, not a /t measurement. There is TE here and IndustrialCraft here. But, they are out of date and I can't find the numbers for other mods such as Factorization.

I know this isn't a support thread, but I know you guys check it a lot, so:
I'm having a issue where when I click any item in my inventory, it disappears, then if I click again it reappears! I can't click and move the item around, it just disappears when clicked, and reappears when I click anywhere else in my inventory.
please help this is getting annoying. I've tried restarting FTB and logging in and out of my world, still no sign of a fix.
I would also like to mention it happened when I was standing in a unloaded chunk which just became loaded where you could just look down and see the ores and stuff.

Fixed!
I have this problem too. It appears to be a problem with InventoryTweaks and server latency.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Very few serums show up in NEI by default. It's the same as with the bees... I think they only want you to be able to spawn in the low level stuff and still have to work your way up to the good stuff. I'm fine with that as I've been breeding everything else by hand anyway. And I do have the serums for everything else I need, so I'm probably going to have to go the wholesale conversion route. I just figured I'd stop here first to see if I was overlooking something obvious. Thanks.

I'm playing DW20 1.6.4 and I have that serum.. You may want to look at getting it from another bee? I don't have the bee you mentioned.

Finnen78

Jul 29, 2019
im experimenting with thaumcraft 4 and ive run out of aspect needed for research, how can i get more aspect?
ive already scanned all my inventories and local area + nether with the thaumometer :p

Last edited:

Museli

Jul 29, 2019
im experimenting with thaumcraft 4 and ive run out of aspect needed for research, how can i get more aspect?
ive already scanned all my inventories and local area + nether with the thaumometer :p

You can travel farther afield and scan a bunch of previously-unscanned nodes to get a big supply of the basic aspects, then combine them in the research table to get the compund aspects. Let's say you needed Mortuus (death). You could grab a bunch of water, earth and chaos from nodes, then combine the water and earth to get Victus (life), then combine that with the chaos aspect to get the Mortuus.