Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Not_Steve

Over-Achiever
Oct 11, 2013
What's the best way to distribute things evenly?
In my case, I'm trying to distribute blaze rods between generators but pipes seem to send the majority into the first generator, even when it's full.
Te item ducts set to round Robin

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What's the best way to distribute things evenly?
In my case, I'm trying to distribute blaze rods between generators but pipes seem to send the majority into the first generator, even when it's full.
Unleashed has the logistics pipes mod. So if I were you, I'd teach the engines to "pull" the blaze rods, rather than "push" a certain amount.

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your help, but:
- disabled from launcher => didn't worked
- removed Hats directory from folder... minecraft didn't launched due to some error requesting for Hats Mod to be installed (at least version 2.2... i think this was actual error message)
- copied back folder, all was OK, I decided not to bother with this issue anymore and just ignore it
- ...2 days later I noticed all my Thaumcraft research "vanished". Basically I researched about 1/2 of it, and it all got reset to nothing.
I don't know if the Thaumcraft issue is related or not, but... it happened. Any ideas how can I get my research back?
PS: i haven't made any back-up of my world

thanks all!

I'm sorry to hear about your thaumcraft research, but that shouldn't have had anything to do with the hats mod. I'm pretty sure there is a way to remove the hats mod but it isn't something I've felt the need to do yet. There is probably an addon to the mod that you would also need to remove. Wasn't there something about hat stands? As far as your research, the only thing I can recommend is the Thaumcraft Cheat Sheet item, as that will unlock all the research for you. I suppose it's a matter of how many times have you done the research before, and is it worth the hassle of doing it again. Or just start from scratch. :(

HuntedFox182

Jul 29, 2019
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this (I am new) but how to you move molten liquids from the top of a smeltery to the bottom. I've seen it done before.
If this is the wrong place to ask could i be pointed in the right direction?
Thank you for your time.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
What is up with extra dimensional barrel upgrades in DW20 1.6.4? They're now called "deprecated" ones and theres no recipe. All I can craft is the bigger barrels.

Is there another barrel storage upgrade that I'm missing? I hate having to start a whole new barrel to add storage space.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this (I am new) but how to you move molten liquids from the top of a smeltery to the bottom. I've seen it done before.
If this is the wrong place to ask could i be pointed in the right direction?
Thank you for your time.
Clicky click (maybe right) on the liquid in the interface for the smeltery.
From what I think I read here, the ability to choose the output liquid from the smeltery is a feature added only in 1.6 versions.

Reactions: Museli and Pyure

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
From what I think I read here, the ability to choose the output liquid from the smeltery is a feature added only in 1.6 versions.
I never knew this! Forums are so wonderful sometimes.

I keep meaning to set up some liquid filtery thing where I automatically pipe molten stuff into appropriate tanks, but I'm too lazy (99% sure Horizons has a liquid filter somewhere, prolly engineer's toolbox or whatever its called)

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
What is up with extra dimensional barrel upgrades in DW20 1.6.4? They're now called "deprecated" ones and theres no recipe. All I can craft is the bigger barrels.

Is there another barrel storage upgrade that I'm missing? I hate having to start a whole new barrel to add storage space.
Best you can do is craft the larger barrels to begin with, pretty sure it's barrel hopper barrel in a verticle line in a crafting grid to get a large barrel or something

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Best you can do is craft the larger barrels to begin with, pretty sure it's barrel hopper barrel in a verticle line in a crafting grid to get a large barrel or something

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk
If the pack has Mine Factory Reloaded, that has Deep Storage Units, which act alot like barrels, and hold unlimited amounts of items.

BeastFeeder

Jul 29, 2019
Okay thanks. I'll check out those Deep storage units. Never played with them at all. Do they work with routers? I've been enjoying my routers lately.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Dunno, but you can put in the top, and pull out the bottom. Haven't heard of routers having issues with them.

Havocboy

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way i can add protection on a Direwolf20 v1.0.12 so players can't destroy the protected areas?

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
Okay thanks. I'll check out those Deep storage units. Never played with them at all. Do they work with routers? I've been enjoying my routers lately.

You can also use barrels from Jabba. You can upgrade them to hold up to 8192 stacks. Alternatively, Factorization now has Hopper barrels. Each barrel acts like a hopper so you can stack one on top of another (not exactly what you're looking for but it's a fun alternative).

Reactions: BeastFeeder

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way i can add protection on a Direwolf20 v1.0.12 so players can't destroy the protected areas?
You'll need BukkitForge or MCPC to host plugins.[DOUBLEPOST=1392070425][/DOUBLEPOST]What is the Vibrant Quartz Glass for?

lucariomaster2

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've been wondering for awhile now: How exactly do you get a Wand Focus: Pech's Curse?
I've tried trading with them, I've tried killing them, but I just can't seem to get one.