Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
One thing I've been wondering for awhile now: How exactly do you get a Wand Focus: Pech's Curse?
I've tried trading with them, I've tried killing them, but I just can't seem to get one.
It's a rare trade with them. It isn't the best, It just puts random debuffs on them. Wither sin't a common effect from it.

AeroWulf

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm Playing the Monster Pack, and I went to mine some fluorite ore, and as soon as I picked it up it all transformed into the same type. (Orange) I dont *think* this is a bug, but whatever it is, I dont like it. Can anyone tell me what mod is doing this/if there is a config for it?

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions.

What should I do with the 6 refined full firestones that I have? I was going to build a full size HP boiler, but I'm thinking that I should probably build more than one to solve any possible power needs that I have.

Secondly, I haven't had much luck with building custom mystcraft ages. I would like to build a single biome permanent day world. The guides that I've read indicate that it should be <biome> Single Biome in that order, which is fine, but for the sun, I put in Zenith, Normal Sun (or the other way around) and I still get a normal day/night cycle.

guiguilyon

Jul 29, 2019
With OpenBlocks paint and paint brush, what blocks can you paint ?

I watched Direwolf spotlight, he only paints canvas, glass and stone bricks. Can you paint other blocks (wood, stone...) ?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Im having trouble with recipes in DW20 1.6, could someone tell me what barrels are supposed to be available in factorization now? I only see different flavors of spruce barrels, and then a single Oak Barrel. No other types. is this how it is supposed to be? The recipe for the Oak Barrel wont show up, but if I craft it, it shows up. Trying to find out if this is just me, or if its the mod.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
With OpenBlocks paint and paint brush, what blocks can you paint ?

I watched Direwolf spotlight, he only paints canvas, glass and stone bricks. Can you paint other blocks (wood, stone...) ?
There are a variety of paintbrushes in FTB and I think they all use the same API. If Open Blocks's paintbrush is the same it can color most wood products, wool, railcraft tanks, ME and IC2 cabling, and construction foam (among many others, I'm sure). I don't know that there's a definitive list anywhere, so just go for it and see what will work.

Reactions: guiguilyon

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
2 questions.

What should I do with the 6 refined full firestones that I have? I was going to build a full size HP boiler, but I'm thinking that I should probably build more than one to solve any possible power needs that I have.

Secondly, I haven't had much luck with building custom mystcraft ages. I would like to build a single biome permanent day world. The guides that I've read indicate that it should be <biome> Single Biome in that order, which is fine, but for the sun, I put in Zenith, Normal Sun (or the other way around) and I still get a normal day/night cycle.

1. One refined firestone is more than enough to completely startup a 36HP boiler. You could run for a good while with 6.
2. You're missing the Zero Length modifier. If I recall it should be Zero Length, Zeneth, Normal Sun.

John.E

Dec 18, 2013
Doral, FL
So, I'm Playing the Monster Pack, and I went to mine some fluorite ore, and as soon as I picked it up it all transformed into the same type. (Orange) I dont *think* this is a bug, but whatever it is, I dont like it. Can anyone tell me what mod is doing this/if there is a config for it?

Do you have Gregtech installed? That sounds like the Unificator.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Im having trouble with recipes in DW20 1.6, could someone tell me what barrels are supposed to be available in factorization now? I only see different flavors of spruce barrels, and then a single Oak Barrel. No other types. is this how it is supposed to be? The recipe for the Oak Barrel wont show up, but if I craft it, it shows up. Trying to find out if this is just me, or if its the mod.
As far as I can tell most of the BoP woods are supported and I think forestry is in there too, they just don't show up in NEI which is nice so you don't have 16 pages of barrels like some other mods I could name
<cough>bibliocraft<cough>

Reactions: zorn

Silent-Hunter

Jul 29, 2019
What is the Muse Keybind GUI? My friend wants to bind a command to a key, and we thought he might be able to use it to do so. The problem is, we can't figure it out. It says to drag modules to the key to add them to that key. But there are no modules to drag. The Wiki says nothing about this that we can find, so I'm asking here.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
What is the Muse Keybind GUI? My friend wants to bind a command to a key, and we thought he might be able to use it to do so. The problem is, we can't figure it out. It says to drag modules to the key to add them to that key. But there are no modules to drag. The Wiki says nothing about this that we can find, so I'm asking here.

Should be the J or K key bring up the interface. Once you do that press they key you want to bind components to and drag them to the key. If the key shows up red it will not save the settings after exiting the game. This is due to that key being used for something else in minecraft. If the key is green then you should be good to go and it will remember the settings.

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Another question about firestones, can you use them in a Liquid Firebox? Or are they only usable in Solid Fuel?

If it's Solid Fuel only, what are people's suggestions for fuel for them? I'm planning on running three HP full size boilers, I have wood coming out of my ears so I could go down the charcoal path, but I need a decent way to produce it. I'll run this as separate power grid to run a Laser Drill etc, so I can use my existing power grid (Fuel based Dynamos) to produce the charcoal if necessary.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone explain to me what the compression and reactant dynamos do in TE3? I know how to use the other two, but not those.

Silent-Hunter

Jul 29, 2019
Should be the J or K key bring up the interface. Once you do that press they key you want to bind components to and drag them to the key. If the key shows up red it will not save the settings after exiting the game. This is due to that key being used for something else in minecraft. If the key is green then you should be good to go and it will remember the settings.

Didn't quite answer my question, we knew how to bring it up, we just thought it was broken because there were no modules in it. We figured out it goes with Modular Powersuits, so never mind, we know what it does now. Searching for Muse Keybind GUI on the Wiki should point to the Modular Powersuits page, so people know this, though.

Thanks anyway though!

Reactions: guiguilyon

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
Are there any particular spawning conditions for wisps in Thaumcraft 4?

I have only ever found information on them in reference to Thaumcraft 3 whenever I search

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone explain to me what the compression and reactant dynamos do in TE3? I know how to use the other two, but not those.
A compression dynamo is essentially a combustion engine - give it oil/fuel/etc and either water or gelid cryotheum as a coolant.

A reactant dynamo uses a combination of solid fuels and liquid fuels. For solid fuels it'll accept sugar, gunpowder, blaze powder, and nether stars. For liquids, it'll take sludge, sewage, creosote, biomass, mob essence, and liquid redstone/glowstone. Apparently the mix you use doesn't affect the efficiency of the dynamo, you just get a set amount of RF per item/bucket of liquid (though different fuels give different totals per item).