Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

BreezyTaco

Jul 29, 2019
Can Thaumcraft Taint spawn in Mystcraft void ages? If so, would I need to plant silverwood trees around my base in the age to prevent it from spreading into my base?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Can Thaumcraft Taint spawn in Mystcraft void ages? If so, would I need to plant silverwood trees around my base in the age to prevent it from spreading into my base?
Yes. And ethereal blooms also work, though for the most part I wouldn't build a base near taint in the first place...[DOUBLEPOST=1391296723][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where can I find the blitz or ice blazes from thermal expansion?
Supposedly in snow biomes when it's snowing, though I have horrible luck and never find them.

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
TT adds a wand focus that can do this too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
had completely forgotten about that one, I never used the wand version from 1.5 since it had like 2 uses, but ya the wand focus of dislocation.

and on blizes, I have only ever seen them spawn on snow blocks, the full ones. I have a mystcraft age that is mostly snowy and permanent rain/snow and have only ever seen the blizes on the snow block tendrils and have never seen them spawn on the regular snow covering. Could just be random chance, but try that

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
The only trait that's contagious (to my knowledge) is "tainted".

What you're witnessing with nodes you've moved becoming pale is actually a mechanic tied to moving nodes. There's a 50-ish% chance that every node you move will downgrade one step when you re-place it, such that bright becomes normal, normal becomes pale, pale becomes fading. There's not much you can do about this, unless you're using *goes to check* Advanced Thaumaturgy, which gives you a way to upgrade/cleanse nodes. It ain't cheap though.
Oh! But once they are moved, they won't downgrade further, is that correct? I had no idea about this and have moved some of them twice just to redecorate. Well, never more!

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How do I get started in magic farm 2? I have upgraded my pick to copper but I still can't mine iron.
You need to level it up. Keep using it. Add Auto-Repair (moss) to it as soon as you can, unless you get it by luck while levelling it.[DOUBLEPOST=1391302364][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where can I find the blitz or ice blazes from thermal expansion?
They should spawn in any snowy biome, but I've never seen one. I think DW20 did see one in his current SSP season. Others have also reported not being able to find them. You can make the blizz powder by another means though, infusing a snowball with redstone in a fluid transposer I think.

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
You need to level it up. Keep using it. Add Auto-Repair (moss) to it as soon as you can, unless you get it by luck while levelling it.[DOUBLEPOST=1391302364][/DOUBLEPOST]
They should spawn in any snowy biome, but I've never seen one. I think DW20 did see one in his current SSP season. Others have also reported not being able to find them. You can make the blizz powder by another means though, infusing a snowball with redstone in a fluid transposer I think.
I have a ball of moss, but now I can't apply it.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know which version of Thaumic Tinkerer that the Ichor armor and stuff is added? Also, how do you set NEI so that it types stuff into its search bar like creative mode?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know which version of Thaumic Tinkerer that the Ichor armor and stuff is added? Also, how do you set NEI so that it types stuff into its search bar like creative mode?
If you have one of the newer versions, those are enabled by adding the "Kami" file to the mod folder. Technically, all the items are actually built into TT, but you need that extra file for them to be enabled.

MoosyDoosy

Jul 29, 2019
I have a ball of moss, but now I can't apply it.
Is it the ball of moss from Tinker's Construct? You need to put 9 Mossy Cobblestone / Mossy Stone to get the ball of moss from Tinker's Construct. The moss from whatever mods add them help to make the mossy cobblestone / mossy stone.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I actually didn't know you could disable NEI's search bar, so I assume if you restore default settings on NEI it will work.

tomskeet18

Jul 29, 2019
Is it the ball of moss from Tinker's Construct? You need to put 9 Mossy Cobblestone / Mossy Stone to get the ball of moss from Tinker's Construct. The moss from whatever mods add them help to make the mossy cobblestone / mossy stone.
I can't do that. I made myself a bone TC pick (handy graveyard nearby) and when I tried to apply a TC ball of moss it won't work.

gallowglass

Jul 29, 2019
What's the deal with rubies in Horizons? There are six kinds: farlanders, magic crops, project red, emasher, rotary craft, and bop. The farlanders only want to trade with farlander rubies. I think I have project red, emasher, and bop rubies. I can convert all of them to rotary craft rubies in a crafting table. I have heard of a trick to convert things using barrels, but that would require having at least one farlanders ruby to start. Maybe I'll just have to cheat one in....

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
Do anybody know how many blocks, on average, are loaded into memory per chunck of completely untouched terrain? I'm mostly interested in flat terrain such as Plains, Meadows or Tundra. The minimum possible amount seems to be 512 (Entirely flat surface + bedrock, all other blocks in the chunk are adjacent to other blocks and thus not loaded), but features such as caves, ravines or Abandoned Mineshafts quickly add a three-digit amount to that number.

I'm asking because I'm trying to determine at which point a quarry hole would cause less lag than untouched terrain. Given enough digging and flat bedrock, the number of loaded blocks per chunk will eventually hit 256. On the other hand, the walls of the hole will add over 1000 blocks to be loaded per border chunk, so those will be quite resource demanding.

Still, once a sufficient amount of chunks are dug out, caves are eliminated and all that remains is a smooth Bedrock surface, the total amount of blocks loaded into memory will be lower than before digging started. When could I expect this to happen?

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.4.7

How do I get charcoal from one electric furnace spread evenly to multiple generators using pneumatic tubes? Right now I just have a transposer feeding out of the furnace into the tubes to the generators, and it's only feeding the generator closest.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate 1.4.7

How do I get charcoal from one electric furnace spread evenly to multiple generators using pneumatic tubes? Right now I just have a transposer feeding out of the furnace into the tubes to the generators, and it's only feeding the generator closest.
Ultimate has Factorization, right? If so, feed the pneumatic tube into a Factorization router that's next to your line of furnaces, and configure it to place the charcoal round-robin into the correct slot in the furnaces. It's been forever since I used Factorization, but there should be some guides/spotlights out there that show how to properly do this.

Reactions: RamblinWreckGT

RamblinWreckGT

Jul 29, 2019
Ultimate has Factorization, right? If so, feed the pneumatic tube into a Factorization router that's next to your line of furnaces, and configure it to place the charcoal round-robin into the correct slot in the furnaces. It's been forever since I used Factorization, but there should be some guides/spotlights out there that show how to properly do this.
Thanks! It worked flawlessly (and was very easy to set up, just a matter of clicking the GUI a few times). I'll definitely remember this for other applications and later-game systems, it's really pleasing how easy and clean that method is.

I guess my question now becomes is there another way to do this (still using pneumatic tubes, I'm specifically avoiding Buildcraft pipes)? I'm messing around with this specifically with early-game power generation in mind, and routers take quite a bit of expensive setup (not to mention I have basically zero prior experience with the mod).

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
I can't do that. I made myself a bone TC pick (handy graveyard nearby) and when I tried to apply a TC ball of moss it won't work.
In magic farm the tools do not start with any modifier slots last time I played. You either need to add modifiers with the gold+diamond or netherstar or upgrade the tool with a thaumium part. Or use it a bunch and get an extra slot through leveling
What's the deal with rubies in Horizons? There are six kinds: farlanders, magic crops, project red, emasher, rotary craft, and bop. The farlanders only want to trade with farlander rubies. I think I have project red, emasher, and bop rubies. I can convert all of them to rotary craft rubies in a crafting table. I have heard of a trick to convert things using barrels, but that would require having at least one farlanders ruby to start. Maybe I'll just have to cheat one in....
Haven't played horizons, but does it have mariculture? If so that has an ore dictionary machine which lets you select the output type without actually having an origonal.
Oh! But once they are moved, they won't downgrade further, is that correct? I had no idea about this and have moved some of them twice just to redecorate. Well, never more!
They only decay when you jar them, they will not change just by sitting there or by use (unless you completely drain a node which can cause it to not regenerate that aspect)