Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
So, project red replaces redpower 2.
Now I remember back in ultimate redpower volcanoes and caves full of that beautiful marble would spawn.
Where is this in project red? If you have a world generation mod such as BoP or Highlands will this stop project red stuff from spawning in the world? The only project red ore I've seen so far with highlands enabled is Pedriot Ore?

trajing

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get started in magic farm 2? I have upgraded my pick to copper but I still can't mine iron.[DOUBLEPOST=1391269232][/DOUBLEPOST]
So, project red replaces redpower 2.
Now I remember back in ultimate redpower volcanoes and caves full of that beautiful marble would spawn.
Where is this in project red? If you have a world generation mod such as BoP or Highlands will this stop project red stuff from spawning in the world? The only project red ore I've seen so far with highlands enabled is Pedriot Ore?
Project Red: Exploration should replace this.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
How do I get started in magic farm 2? I have upgraded my pick to copper but I still can't mine iron.[DOUBLEPOST=1391269232][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yep, but where do I find it. So far I haven't found any project red marble or basalt.

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the DW20 modpack, is there a way to move items around but only in specific numbers? For example a pipe that will pull 9 iron out of a chest but only 9 iron, if there's less than 9 it will just ignore it and not do anything.

I know AE and Logistics Pipes both have a way to do it but they both use power, and I'm not ready to set up my storage system yet. Is there a way to do it that doesn't use any power? Thanks! :)

Edit: Also, there used to be an item that would let you pick up chests (including their contents) and move them around, is there anything like that in the DW20 1.6 pack?

Last edited:

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019
Yep, but where do I find it. So far I haven't found any project red marble or basalt.
Check your configs, it might be off by default
I'm on the DW20 modpack, is there a way to move items around but only in specific numbers? For example a pipe that will pull 9 iron out of a chest but only 9 iron, if there's less than 9 it will just ignore it and not do anything.

I know AE and Logistics Pipes both have a way to do it but they both use power, and I'm not ready to set up my storage system yet. Is there a way to do it that doesn't use any power? Thanks! :)

Edit: Also, there used to be an item that would let you pick up chests (including their contents) and move them around, is there anything like that in the DW20 1.6 pack?

Try Thermal expansion Itemducts with a servo upgrade (right click a pneumatic servo into the pipe connecting to the chest/inventory). There is a number setting there that might do what you want. Why do you need to pull specific quantities if i might ask?

As for picking up chests, the wrench from dartcraft is probably what you are thinking of, you can either install dartcraft (not terribly hard although there were a few id conflicts). You might also be thinking of the portal gun/gravity gun from the portal gun mod, instead of turning the chest into an item it really does just pick it up. There is also an item from JABBA although I cannot remember the name off hand, it is something like a hand truck .
By default you need to either level up your tool or get a monster head and upgrade the tool with it in the tool station

Reactions: RealSketch

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks a lot Hiroshi I really appreciate it, the reason I only want to pull a certain amount of items out at a time is to use with the Factorization Craft Packager. I like using them to automatically compress my metals and cobble/sand/gravel because they use no power, in the past I have just had a wall of them but if I find a way to pull 9 items at a time I can get away with only using 1.

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Check your configs, it might be off by default

Try Thermal expansion Itemducts with a servo upgrade (right click a pneumatic servo into the pipe connecting to the chest/inventory). There is a number setting there that might do what you want. Why do you need to pull specific quantities if i might ask?

As for picking up chests, the wrench from dartcraft is probably what you are thinking of, you can either install dartcraft (not terribly hard although there were a few id conflicts). You might also be thinking of the portal gun/gravity gun from the portal gun mod, instead of turning the chest into an item it really does just pick it up. There is also an item from JABBA although I cannot remember the name off hand, it is something like a hand truck .

By default you need to either level up your tool or get a monster head and upgrade the tool with it in the tool station
Marble Caves and Volcanoes are set to false in the project red config, thaks for pointing me in the right direction.
Should I enable them since I like marble and basalt (and sphax supports the textures) or will FTB enable them in the next few updates?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Marble Caves and Volcanoes are set to false in the project red config, thaks for pointing me in the right direction.
Should I enable them since I like marble and basalt (and sphax supports the textures) or will FTB enable them in the next few updates?
Anyhow, I believe they've been turned off on purpose. Monster has both Chisel and Railcraft which both add marble (RC calls it quarried stone but it's marble). In the interest of not spamming the underground with yet another marble (we're running out of cobble here!), they probably decided to disable P:R's marble.

And in regard to volcanoes being off, I think it's because they intend for Monster to be run with ATG worldgen, and that the volcanoes either don't spawn well in ATG or it doesn't mesh well with it. This is much more of a guess on my part though.

I only live at the forums while at work. If I'm at home, I only check the forums periodically. This is probably the case for a lot of us, to be honest. Give us a bit more time to answer, young grasshopper. ;)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Anyhow, I believe they've been turned off on purpose. Monster has both Chisel and Railcraft which both add marble (RC calls it quarried stone but it's marble). In the interest of not spamming the underground with yet another marble (we're running out of cobble here!), they probably decided to disable P:R's marble.

And in regard to volcanoes being off, I think it's because they intend for Monster to be run with ATG worldgen, and that the volcanoes either don't spawn well in ATG or it doesn't mesh well with it. This is much more of a guess on my part though.

I only live at the forums while at work. If I'm at home, I only check the forums periodically. This is probably the case for a lot of us, to be honest. Give us a bit more time to answer, young grasshopper. ;)
Thanks Tristam, really appreciate your help.
Getting worried there, already had to reset worlds multiple times due to updates, modpack changing, corruption etc.
:)

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
JABBA's dolly can pick up and move chests, while giving you slowness while you have it in your inventory for balance.

Reactions: Museli

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
new with cc and I can't figure out how to
make the turtle drop the book into book receptacle(mystcraft) when there is redstone signal and when the signal is off it will pull it out.

is this possible and what method I'm gonna use?

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
make the turtle drop the book into book receptacle(mystcraft) when there is redstone signal and when the signal is off it will pull it out.

Just speaking from a coding perspective, you'll probably need to have a loop that periodically checks for a redstone signal, and if present then checks if it has a book in the correct slot, and if so then places the book in the correct direction; as well as checks for when the signal drops and if it has already pulled the book or not.

Pseudocode is your friend, and the CC website has a whole ton of API calls that are useful.

Reactions: riciJak

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019

Quick and dirty, but I think it should work. Assumes book receptacle in front of turtle and redstone coming from behind.
Code:
while true do
    os.pullEvent(redstone)
    if rs.getInput("back") then
        turtle.drop()
    else
        turtle.suck()
    end
end

edit for fun: I believe you can make it select between different slots by switching to rs.getAnalogInput() and varying the redstone level the turtle receives
Code:
while true do
    os.pullEvent(redstone)
    local state = rs.getAnalogInput("back")
    turtle.suck()
    if state > 0 then
        turtle.select(state)
        turtle.drop()
    end
end

Last edited:

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
Good stuff
Thanks a lot for the help!

One more question: Are node traits like "pale" contagious, and/or how do nodes get these traits? I've collected a bunch of nodes in my base, and most where normal when I took them, and one or two have been pale. Now 5 out of the 8 are pale, and one is fading. All nodes are of the normal type, though there are some pure nodes a bit away (maybe 50-100 blocks or so) and my base is in a magic forest, if that makes any difference.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019

One more question: Are node traits like "pale" contagious, and/or how do nodes get these traits? I've collected a bunch of nodes in my base, and most where normal when I took them, and one or two have been pale. Now 5 out of the 8 are pale, and one is fading. All nodes are of the normal type, though there are some pure nodes a bit away (maybe 50-100 blocks or so) and my base is in a magic forest, if that makes any difference.
The only trait that's contagious (to my knowledge) is "tainted".

What you're witnessing with nodes you've moved becoming pale is actually a mechanic tied to moving nodes. There's a 50-ish% chance that every node you move will downgrade one step when you re-place it, such that bright becomes normal, normal becomes pale, pale becomes fading. There's not much you can do about this, unless you're using *goes to check* Advanced Thaumaturgy, which gives you a way to upgrade/cleanse nodes. It ain't cheap though.

Reactions: abobabo

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019

Nodes have a fairly high chance of degrading when moved. Pure goes to Normal, Normal goes to Pale or Fading.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
TT adds a wand focus that can do this too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: [JBG]Magikarp