Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

abobabo

Jul 29, 2019
What is the range of thaumcraft 4's infusion altar, when it comes to jars of essentia and crystals/candles/skulls? Does it care about line of sight or can stuff be behind other stuff etc? There seems to be a lack of documentation on TC4 xD

Also, is there any specific side effects I should watch out for? I've had stuff knocked down many times, as well as some taint, but I know at least once it seemed to draw insane amounts of vis/essentia from the air. Had to shut it down with a pickaxe, I really don't want my place destroyed. xD

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
What is the range of thaumcraft 4's infusion altar, when it comes to jars of essentia and crystals/candles/skulls? Does it care about line of sight or can stuff be behind other stuff etc? There seems to be a lack of documentation on TC4 xD

Also, is there any specific side effects I should watch out for? I've had stuff knocked down many times, as well as some taint, but I know at least once it seemed to draw insane amounts of vis/essentia from the air. Had to shut it down with a pickaxe, I really don't want my place destroyed. xD
Have no experience with the new TC4 stuff yet, but the old Infusion altar(somewhat different crafting mechanic, but also drew essences from jars) had a horizontal range of 12 blocks and a vertical range of 4-5 up and down I think. And it didn't need LoS to the jars. Maybe the new one is something similar? Just a guess.

Reactions: abobabo

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Question

How do you get the shards of metal out of the Tinkers Construct Smeltery? When you make something that only requires 1/2 an ingot you're left with some behind, but I've never found out how to extract it into the shards.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Question

How do you get the shards of metal out of the Tinkers Construct Smeltery? When you make something that only requires 1/2 an ingot you're left with some behind, but I've never found out how to extract it into the shards.
Just make two of whatever half-ingot item you're making. I'd have to double check, but I think you can re-melt them down at a later date if you don't end up using it anyway (like if you make tool rods).

MrCervelo

Jul 29, 2019
Also, followup from my question about removing modifiers from TC tools. It turns out that any flux capacitor gives the same amount of RF onto a tool. The basic Leadstone Flux Capacitor gives 400,000 onto a pickaxe, and the top tier Resonant Flux Capacitor gives the same amount as well.

Skavid

Jul 29, 2019
Also, followup from my question about removing modifiers from TC tools. It turns out that any flux capacitor gives the same amount of RF onto a tool. The basic Leadstone Flux Capacitor gives 400,000 onto a pickaxe, and the top tier Resonant Flux Capacitor gives the same amount as well.

Yes and you can use the potato one as well witch leads me to conclude that will be changed at some stage in the future cause in its current set up its kind of useless to use anything but the potato one if you dont stop yourself from using that kind of oversight.

Reactions: Dark0_0firE

tsjb

Jul 29, 2019
I'm on the DW20 modpack, is there a way to move items around but only in specific numbers? For example a pipe that will pull 9 iron out of a chest but only 9 iron, if there's less than 9 it will just ignore it and not do anything.

I know AE and Logistics Pipes both have a way to do it but they both use power, and I'm not ready to set up my storage system yet. Is there a way to do it that doesn't use any power? Thanks :)

RealSketch

Jul 29, 2019
Really simple question while you guys are online.
Do you think its worth adding ExtraBiomesXL (My favourite) into monster then removing BoP and Highlands?

hiroshi42

Jul 29, 2019

I cannot remember the range off hand, but it seems fairly substantial, at least 6, and quite possibly more (as seen on youtube) for the essentia and probably the same for the 'occult paraphernalia' although I generally stuff the area immediately around the altar and call it good. jars and other occult stuff do not appear to block the essentia gathering process although I have not tried with opaque/'solid' blocks.

as for problems:
stuff getting knocked off
flux/taint (gas or liquid purple stuff)
lightning (like from the wand foci)
stuff turning into flux/taint and being destroyed
a poison like effect

The runaway infusion seems to be caused by not having the items for the infusion. If you have the materials or are just planning on doing a lot of a particular infusion consider investing in hoppers. Pedestals count as inventories and hoppers can interact with them so you can keep the pedestals constantly stocked with items.

Reactions: abobabo

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
That's entirely a question of personal opinion. I would say absolutely not.
You would need a very fine pencil to draw the line between BoP and ExtraBiomesXL, I think. I have to agree with you; they're certainly not different enough to justify all the time that would be spent changing IDs, in my opinion.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Beechlgz

Jul 29, 2019
In Magic Farm 2, sapling growth delay can be edited in the Hunger Overhaul config file, and is set at 2 by default. However changing this value doesn't appear to have any effect in-game. I've tried setting it at a range of values between 0.1 and 1000, but saplings grow at their usual very fast pace. I'm looking to slow them down considerably.

Does anyone know why this won't work and if there's a way to get it to work?

I hate to repost the question a third time but I have no idea where else to ask.

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
I hate to repost the question a third time but I have no idea where else to ask.
Perhaps you should post this to the official thread for Hunger Overhaul, then? It may be that you're not getting an answer because none of us has one for you.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Taiine

Jul 29, 2019
Bee question! Okay so I get that the Bee House prevents bees from mutating into a new species if they cross breed, but can you breed in other bee traits this way? Like, trying to breed in nocturnal into my bees will the trait pass over in a Bee House?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Quick question:
Pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to make sure. Thermal expansion conduits have a a limited throughput now, but does the actual length of conduit actually have a limit? Isn't it the interface between the conduits and machines etc. that impose the limit?

HeffronCM

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question:
Pretty sure I know the answer, but just want to make sure. Thermal expansion conduits have a a limited throughput now, but does the actual length of conduit actually have a limit? Isn't it the interface between the conduits and machines etc. that impose the limit?
Only the connections have a limit. You can run infinite RF through the same cable, but only 10,000 RF/t can enter or exit per connection.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Only the connections have a limit. You can run infinite RF through the same cable, but only 10,000 RF/t can enter or exit per connection.
Yeha thanks, that was what I thought. No problem doing the old "run a redstone conduit all over the base" and power everything criss cross from it then :p Just have to make sure to have adequate connections for each hookup :p Same as earlier versions.