Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Dorque

Jul 29, 2019
In calcavias MFFS my capacitor is not receiving power if it has over 2 speed modules, but I need 3 stacks because of how much power my force field projector uses, what is the problem? I have 12 derivers and 2 tesseracts with redstone energy conduits, can someone tell me why it's not getting power?
Are they all on the same frequency?

Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure; never had that issue before, although I might suggest using significantly more than one capacitor, and try popping in a few range upgrades.

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
Are they all on the same frequency?

Otherwise, I'm not entirely sure; never had that issue before, although I might suggest using significantly more than one capacitor, and try popping in a few range upgrades.
Yes, on the capacitor it says connected to 16 devices, what bothers me is it works with no speed modules or 1 or 2.

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
That is odd. Like I said, never run into that before and I use a system very similar to yours for
I will try a linking card, and see how that works out.

Edit: linking card didn't work

I let the capacitor charge up with nothing linked to it except the coersion derivers, and as soon as I placed a speed module, it started destroying the energy.

Last edited:

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.6.x IC2 changed dramatically including UU being converted to a liquid. You now have to scan an item with the scanner. That item is then saved in pattern storage. The replicator then uses that pattern and a variable amount of liquid UU to replicate that item. DW20 covered this a little in his server play series, but honestly I'm not aware of a good tutorial video at this time.

ahh I see, thanks a lot, it was really confusing me lol.

kaiomann

Jul 29, 2019
So, I'm trying to hollow out a Natura Redwood. How would I do this the fastest way? Note that I'm not too far into infrastructure yet, so no filler.

joey soltis

Jul 29, 2019
I am playing direwolf20 1.6.4. When i use items ducts i only get 2 inputs on the the duct how do i get the third items don't come out of my chests?

joey soltis

Jul 29, 2019
Do you mind clarifying and/or posting a screenshot of your setup and what you're trying to accomplish?
I am just trying to suck items out of a chest and i cant get the input the get items out of a chest i get a light blue one and a dark red one and i am pretty sure you need the light red one to suck items out but that isnt one of the things i can get when right clicking the itemduct

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I am just trying to suck items out of a chest and i cant get the input the get items out of a chest i get a light blue one and a dark red one and i am pretty sure you need the light red one to suck items out but that isnt one of the things i can get when right clicking the itemduct
You want the red one. The three modes are blue (put into chest), red (pull from chest), and forced disconnection.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
it turns light red when it is active. That means either a redstone signal or apply a pneumatic servo and set it to redstone signal low/ disabled

kaovalin

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone heard confirmation if kinglemming will support mj to rf conversion in addition to rf to mj? I heard it mentioned in a youtube video but it was unsubstantiated at the time.

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any correlation between the different modpacks' version numbers? I saw a post referring to stable versions of horizons and monster as 1.1.x, does this imply when a given modpack hits 1.1 it's out of beta, basically? Or are the numbers happenstance?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Has anyone heard confirmation if kinglemming will support mj to rf conversion in addition to rf to mj? I heard it mentioned in a youtube video but it was unsubstantiated at the time.
from what I've heard most likely not, he actually may be removing rf to mj even at the request of the Buildcraft team

Is there any correlation between the different modpacks' version numbers? I saw a post referring to stable versions of horizons and monster as 1.1.x, does this imply when a given modpack hits 1.1 it's out of beta, basically? Or are the numbers happenstance?

I'm pretty sure it's 1.x.y where x is huge updates (lots of mods updates and are somewhat scheduled) and y is small updates to fix bugs and stuff, though I'm sure one of the lovely modpack team members will correct me if i am incorrect

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I hear the redstone conduits will be doing it automatically, unsure of that though

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
from what I've heard most likely not, he actually may be removing rf to mj even at the request of the Buildcraft team

I hope not. Right not that is my main source of BC power. My current setup is a 36HP boiler with 12 steam dynamos. Then various tesseracts take power from there and distribute it to AE, BC & RF machines.

Reactions: PhantomRage

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
He did said that he is planning to remove MJ support. Doesn't concern me since I'm using UE, TE3, RotaryCraft and Mekanism now.

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I think mod developers should allow and encourage power conversion, it allows mod packs to be more compatible and modpacks give the individual mod developers basically free advertisements