Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
You're probably running into Chisel's marble. If it doesn't turn into marble cobblestone when you mine it without silk touch, then it's definitely from Chisel.

Lausten

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah okay, its from Chisel then.. Well thanks again. So my options are turning on volcanoes in Project Red or turning on Rock generation in Geostrata, thanks for the answers.

Fe2O3

Jul 29, 2019
In the direwolf20 1.6.4, v1.0.9 the pumping of liquids found in mystcraft worlds like iron or molten redstone, doesn't work anymore?

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
FTB MONSTER - Magical crops config:

I:"Change number between 1-100 for chance of getting second seed drop, 10 = 10%, 20 = 20%(default) and so on."=0
I:"Change to disable or enabled second seed drop, 1 = Enabled (Default), 0 = Disabled"=0

why?

TomScheeper

Jul 29, 2019
In the direwolf20 1.6.4, v1.0.9 the pumping of liquids found in mystcraft worlds like iron or molten redstone, doesn't work anymore?
When I updated, all my waterproof pipes got disconnected from my thermal generators. I just replaced them and it works fine :)

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
With monster fast heading towards stability, I'm unsure what word gen to go with for my long term server. I have messed about a lot with the bop world and the atg alternate worlds, atg has my vote at the moment just for the nice flowing landscape, but will we be missing out on anything special from bop?

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You can add more ram to the single player game just by increasing the slider under the Force Update button in the Launcher.

IF you run 64-bit Java. The 32 bit version doesn't support the launcher's memory allocation option.[DOUBLEPOST=1389179111][/DOUBLEPOST]
When I updated, all my waterproof pipes got disconnected from my thermal generators. I just replaced them and it works fine :)

JadedCat posted this as a known issue that occurred when that pack was updated, caused by a weird interaction between mods. Reading the Modpack update thread can help avoid headaches.

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
So im on a server running Monster 1.0.3 with Biomes of Plenty enabled. Nothing is disabled besides the ones that comes disabled as standard.

For some reason I cant seem to find Basalt anywhere in the world? Anyone who can help with that?

I don't use BoP, but all of the volcanoes in my worlds are made of basalt. If you get the volcanoes you can find basalt at any one of them.

Kyll.Ing.

Jul 29, 2019
A question regarding FTB Ultimate, specifically IC2:

Where did the sounds go? Playing Tekkit and Tekkit Lite, I grew fond of the "whooow" of Sticky Resin leaving its tree, the "pshhhhh" of the Electric Jetpack and the steady hum of a running generator. Sadly, they all seem to be missing from FTB. Were they left out, or simply disabled in the configs somewhere?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
A question regarding FTB Ultimate, specifically IC2:

Where did the sounds go? Playing Tekkit and Tekkit Lite, I grew fond of the "whooow" of Sticky Resin leaving its tree, the "pshhhhh" of the Electric Jetpack and the steady hum of a running generator. Sadly, they all seem to be missing from FTB. Were they left out, or simply disabled in the configs somewhere?
IC2 sounds are controlled by IC2.cfg and IIRC are disabled in the default config for Ultimate. Just search for "sound" and change the appropriate line from "false" to "true."

Dark0_0firE

Jul 29, 2019
With monster fast heading towards stability, I'm unsure what word gen to go with for my long term server. I have messed about a lot with the bop world and the atg alternate worlds, atg has my vote at the moment just for the nice flowing landscape, but will we be missing out on anything special from bop?

This is something I've been thinking about as well, and I would have to say that I agree that ATG will probably be the way to go. Although I do find ATG to be a little plain at times. However, remember that if you ever decide that you want to see some BoP biomes or visit the Promised Land, just install on your already running server and use mystcraft!

wildc4rd

Jan 29, 2013
This is something I've been thinking about as well, and I would have to say that I agree that ATG will probably be the way to go. Although I do find ATG to be a little plain at times. However, remember that if you ever decide that you want to see some BoP biomes or visit the Promised Land, just install on your already running server and use mystcraft!
Bop is already enabled, so there are bits of bop scattered about. I know nothing about the promised land though, so may indeed sort that out via mystcraft.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is tech world 2 unique but the mass fabricator is producing uumatter as a liquid and I cant find anywhere to turn this in to iridium ore or ingots. Any help please?

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know if this is tech world 2 unique but the mass fabricator is producing uumatter as a liquid and I cant find anywhere to turn this in to iridium ore or ingots. Any help please?
In 1.6.x IC2 changed dramatically including UU being converted to a liquid. You now have to scan an item with the scanner. That item is then saved in pattern storage. The replicator then uses that pattern and a variable amount of liquid UU to replicate that item. DW20 covered this a little in his server play series, but honestly I'm not aware of a good tutorial video at this time.

koolboy5783

Jul 29, 2019
In calclavias MFFS my capacitor is not receiving power if it has over 2 speed modules, but I need 3 stacks because of how much power my force field projector uses, what is the problem? I have 12 derivers and 2 tesseracts with redstone energy conduits, can someone tell me why it's not getting power? I'm on direwolf 1.6.4