Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Well, only file I've found is IDConflicts.txt which I've just attached. Where as for the Overwrite file, I do not see any at all. :/
Also, I've already changed the ID for noted inside the txt file.
That file only lists block ID conflicts, which cause the game to crash. Item ID conflicts don't share that trait, hence why they are harder to pin down. In the same folder you found that IDConflicts.txt should be a .log file with "Forge" in the name, usually with a "-0" before the .log . That's the file I'm talking about.

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Thats just the thing though, my mining cart won't actually fall off the track. If it detects theres no more track there it just goes back the direction it came. Weird.

Are you by chance using an older version of steves carts? I am using the latest 1.6.4 version.

I also tried using launcher tracks to forcefully smash my cart through a portal but the cart wouldn't even run over the launcher track. (honestly loved this idea)

Edit: just tested manually kicking/pushing my cart through the portal and that worked.

OK I did some more testing using SC@ 2.0.0.a134 and Mystcraft 0.10.10 on 1.64 with the same setup I did in 1.5.2 DW pack and it is working fine. Can you maybe post some pics of your setup? The track should just run right up to the portal. The carts forward motion should be enough to have it enter the portal. The link book on that portal should land on top of a track.

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
And, my problem is gone. It was a bug apparently and I just need to DL the newer version and it is ok now.
Thanks for putting up with me. :)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Mystcraft for 1.6.4 and there doesn't appear to be any way to spawn in a notebook full of symbols. Furthermore, I've been scouring this random age and can't seem to find any libraries anywhere. What's going on?

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
True. That hadn't occurred to me. The pack I'm using somehow has zero conflicts with all the default settings. o_O

Actually for small packs that's not unusual. Mod devs do try and coordinate. I found that the big problem was distributing custom settings. If you want to tune ore generation at all, for example? Power generation tweaks are another "big thing".

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
I'm using Mystcraft for 1.6.4 and there doesn't appear to be any way to spawn in a notebook full of symbols. Furthermore, I've been scouring this random age and can't seem to find any libraries anywhere. What's going on?

The creative notebook doesn't appear in NEI anymore, you need to go into creative mode and navigate to the mystcraft tab. Theres also a version of it split across several notebooks in a per category basis.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
OK I did some more testing using SC@ 2.0.0.a134 and Mystcraft 0.10.10 on 1.64 with the same setup I did in 1.5.2 DW pack and it is working fine. Can you maybe post some pics of your setup? The track should just run right up to the portal. The carts forward motion should be enough to have it enter the portal. The link book on that portal should land on top of a track.

Hmmm, interesting. Perhaps its an issue with some of the modules I have on my cart?

I had a bit of extra time so I decided to use DXtory to grab a video of whats happening, use virtual dub to export it to a GIF then uploaded it~ hehe, hows that for convenient, don't even have to hit play and it saves me loads of upload time. (my upload speed is HOORRRIBLE)

7yfeTHo.gif

Reactions: JunpakuKarasu

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a work around, the launching track didn't work, but a gated one way track does.

I'm finding carts to be extremely finicky... Even such things as a bridge builder + liquid detector, the cart sometimes gets stuck. I still love the carts though...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Will my 1.5.2 Unleashed world be able to be upgraded to 1.6 when the time comes? I know I would lack the new/returning ores, but I purely mine in a mystcraft world, so not really an issue. More concerned with the architecture and infrastructure already build.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I think there was an issue with losing mod-added liquids due to having a completely new API for them.

Other than that, it depends on the mods. If a mod is not available for 1.6, you lose that. If a mod changed significantly, you might lose that, too.

Example - IC2 classic to IC2 Experimental will in all likelyhood detonate every single machine you have placed and connected to power, due to a complete power network machanics revamp.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
How often in general are FTB modpacks updated. I think the latest modpack came this year during the summer... when can we expect to see new packs being released.

Reason i´m asking is because i really hope for a Unleashed pack that include Gregtech and i have also seen many interesting updates to single mods that id like to try.

So what do you think, when can we expect to see next update by FTB and the packs?
Is it before chirstmas or after?

Trunks9809

Jul 29, 2019
Modpacks are updated when they capabilities become available, generally after a large number of the mods required have been released in a stable version. With 1.6.x, the issue is that FTB does not currently have a launcher capable of supporting Minecraft 1.6 due to the changes that Mojang made. Until that happens, there can be no 1.6 FTB packs. Asking for an ETA is generally frowned upon, so please be patient or explore other options (You could even try building your own pack)

Also, you're highly unlikely to see any packs 'like Unleashed with Gregtech', as the author either GregTech or Tinker's Construct requested that their mod not be distributed alongside the other.

Last edited:

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Also, you're highly unlikely to see any packs 'like Unleashed with Gregtech', as the author of Gregtech has specifically requested all modpack developers not to distribute his mod alongside Tinker's Construct.

That's reversed IIRC. mDiyo was the one to ask not to have his mods distributed with Gregtech.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
GregTech was intentionally excluded from Unleashed and got its own pack because GregTech is a conversion mod that changes Minecraft from the ground up, instead of just adding to it as 99% of the other mods do. Too many other mods make assumptions based on vanilla that are no longer true when GregTech is present, and therefore they can't work as intended. In return, the presence of other mods removes and waters down the strict progression tree that GregTech aims to achieve.

As a result it was decided to not include GregTech in the main "all the mods we could possibly think of" pack, which became Unleashed. Instead it got its own pack, with mods chosen specifically to work well with it. That pack is Unhingend.

So, no - you will never see a version of Unleashed with GregTech, I'm afraid. Regardless of update policy.

Cuttycut

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm, just a simple question which i hope someone can answer, i cant compress uranium ore therefore cant make refined uranium, any help?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Please state your version of IC2 and whether or not GregTech or any other IC2 addons are present.

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Will my 1.5.2 Unleashed world be able to be upgraded to 1.6 when the time comes? I know I would lack the new/returning ores, but I purely mine in a mystcraft world, so not really an issue. More concerned with the architecture and infrastructure already build.
Are you using Thermal Expansion, IndustrialCraft 2, ThaumCraft, or Soul Shards (or any other mod that had major changes between 1.5.2 and 1.6.4)? Do you have any mod liquids stored in tanks or out in the world?

If not, then it *may* be possible to upgrade your world from 1.5.2 to 1.6.4. However, you'll have to tackle making sure all your block and item IDs are consistent between your 1.5.2 minecraft install and your 1.6.4 install. I honestly don't think it's worth the trouble.