Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Chrissy

Jul 29, 2019
What's the "easiest" mod pack? i ask because when i play on normal or hard i usually wind up getting my progress wiped by some random marauding bullshit, And i dont care what kind of filthy casual it makes me ._.

Reactions: Cirom

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
What's the "easiest" mod pack? i ask because when i play on normal or hard i usually wind up getting my progress wiped by some random marauding bullshit, And i dont care what kind of filthy casual it makes me ._.

Some random marauding bullshit? What do you mean?

JegherX

Jul 29, 2019
[Tinker's Construct]
Looking my tools, i've seen that some of them are shiny and with a green name's tag, while other are "normal" and have a white name's tag...

Does someone know why all that happen? And does anyone know how to obtain the shiny items? :)

Thank you guys!

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
What is the difference between High Voltage Solar Array and Ultimate Hybrid Solar Panel?
Both output 512eu/t afaik?

From what i can see, the ultimate hybrid version needs lots of Iridium to be created.
The high voltage version needs lots of more common resources like iron, copper, rubber.

What version are you using and why?

I am playing ftb unleashed + gregtech.

The advanced solar's high voltage array just produces EU during daylight hours and has no internal energy storage. It is also made from more common materials but requires huge amounts of those common materials. The Ultimate solar produces EU at reduced rate during the night and has built in energy storage. It is made from very expensive materials but a lot less material is actually required. Personally if you have access to a lot of UU-mater go for the ultimate solar panels.

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
First post, yay :D

Do server configs override client configs? If not, will differences make Bad Things Happen?

Thanks muchly

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
First post, yay :D

Do server configs override client configs? If not, will differences make Bad Things Happen?

Thanks muchly
Some configs are server or client only, but in general if they don't match up, things will have varying levels of badness. Sometimes it's not a huge issue (i.e. NEI displaying faulty info), but it's easy enough to sync up configs that there's no reason not to.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Server overrides client. If that leaves the client in an inconsistent state, too bad for it, but the server doesn't care. It will never be negatively affected by a client connecting with mismatching configs.

Steel

Jul 29, 2019
So is there no 1.6 FTB pack in the works?

The current launcher cannot support 1.6 modpacks. The new version is under development, and modpacks for 1.6 will have to wait until the new launcher is released. DW20 has already mentioned he has plans for a new modpack shortly after the launcher comes out.

Reactions: un worry

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Server overrides client. If that leaves the client in an inconsistent state, too bad for it, but the server doesn't care. It will never be negatively affected by a client connecting with mismatching configs.
Thanks guys! Trying to get my friend to edit his configs is ... painful. Damn users :p

CptSpike

Jul 29, 2019
Send him a copy of the config folder as a zip and get him to unzip it into the directory?
He is seriously put off by anything more advanced than downloading launchers ... no worries though, if I can let my server configs override his client's, it's all good :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Question:
There used to be threads lying around the forums which gave a visualisation on how many mods were up to the next MC version, but I can't seem to find them any more, does anybody know where they went?

I thought they were very useful, although it didn't give a time frame, it gave at least some sort of indication of when the next version of the mod pack would come out. Also helped me resist the urge to ask for a time frame >.>

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Nothing official; several people have cobbled together 1.6-style packs, but the makers of the FTB set have stated they'll be waiting till 1.7 to create another compendium.
What? Where? That's the first I've heard of it. At the very least there will be a new Direwolf20 pack out for 1.6 "soon"™.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Nothing official; several people have cobbled together 1.6-style packs, but the makers of the FTB set have stated they'll be waiting till 1.7 to create another compendium.

No. 1.6 packs are in the works, being tested, and are mostly waiting on the new launcher from JJW and Unv. Skipping to 1.7 would mean waiting for Forge, which might not be out until next year.