Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Lordofbone

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to drain a filled fuel can (30232) to a waterproof pipe / tank or somewhere, without burning it?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, take a Buildcraft tank (8 glass set up like a furnace) and right click in it.
And the fuel is now on the tank.

Lordofbone

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, take a Buildcraft tank (8 glass set up like a furnace) and right click in it.
And the fuel is now on the tank.

Thanks, I tried that.. But for some reason it didn't work, I suppose I should mention this is 1.4.7 ultimate and the fuel can in question is filled with the industrial centrifuge recipe (centrifuging 16 cracked sand for saltpeter and the said fuel can)

Lordofbone

Jul 29, 2019
Tried that first too, didn't work either :( I suppose it's a somewhat bugged item somehow, because the EU amount doesn't match up with the 26040 produced from biofuel canned fuel can. Instead it gives 25k EU.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I tried to install it on a old laptop for something to do while laying in bed. The laptop exploded killing 16 of my neibhors and wounding another 32. Lucky for me Shoop wool is fairly blast reistent.

Surprisingly, even ShneekyCraft murdered my computer with a dull axe. I'm not sure why, my computer runs fine with a modpack consisting of 81 mods.

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I tried that.. But for some reason it didn't work, I suppose I should mention this is 1.4.7 ultimate and the fuel can in question is filled with the industrial centrifuge recipe (centrifuging 16 cracked sand for saltpeter and the said fuel can)
Try using a Liquid Transposer set to extract mode.

What Lordofbone means with "filled fuel can" is actually not a liquid cell, but rather the IC2 item of that name. You know, this one.

And the answer is: no, you cannot empty it. That is a super old legacy mechanic from a time when the only liquids were vanilla water and lava. Keep in mind that Industrialcraft is one of the oldest mods still alive today, a grizzled veteran of ages long gone. Mod-added liquids weren't even a concept back then, much less implemented. This "biofuel" can is just a solid fuel item with a fancy name that is unrelated to Forestry's or MFR's actual biofuel liquids.

I suppose Greg added centrifuge support for it because it was there and seemed convenient / underused.

Reactions: Lordofbone

Lordofbone

Jul 29, 2019
What Lordofbone means with "filled fuel can" is actually not a liquid cell, but rather the IC2 item of that name. You know, this one.

And the answer is: no, you cannot empty it. That is a super old legacy mechanic from a time when the only liquids were vanilla water and lava. Keep in mind that Industrialcraft is one of the oldest mods still alive today, a grizzled veteran of ages long gone. Mod-added liquids weren't even a concept back then, much less implemented. This "biofuel" can is just a solid fuel item with a fancy name that is unrelated to Forestry's or MFR's actual biofuel liquids.

I suppose Greg added centrifuge support for it because it was there and seemed convenient / underused.

Thanks, mystery solved!

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Another fun question; I placed down an Aludel.....now, how can you remove it? Tried drilling, chainsaw, wrench, portal gun pickup....nothing seems to work. Help!

Anyone figured this out yet? I've still got nothing.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Haven't, good thought, will give that a shot!
If the quarry drill doesn't work, then the floating laser robot that clears and builds the frame might, so try both ways if the first way doesn't work. I'd try the frame clearance first as that has a higher chance of working.

And if that doesn't work, maybe you could persuade a friendly Wither to blast it.

Can MFFS delete blocks? I've never used it.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019
WRONG. I don't wanna open LAN to do this as that is literally stupid. Who would want to open LAN just to go into creative? I should be able to do it without doing so. I figured it out anyway, just start the game as a creative and then go to survival by typing in /gamemode s
Much more simple and doesn't require you to open LAN

Please don't be rude to people that are trying to help you

Couldn't you just go into NEI cheat mode and click Creative?

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
What does this button do?
BpSvLEj.png

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It toggles modes on how the two-slot inventories are handled.

For example, in the mode as it is in your screenshot, a ME interface sitting on top will be able to insert two different things at once, and they'll end up occupying both the slots in the machine, as the two inventory slots are treated as one.

But if you pressed that button and switched modes, then the ME interface trying to insert two things at once would only succeed in inserting one. The second slot would remain empty, and the second item would only show up if the items occupying the first slot were removed.

For the macerator this is honestly irrelevant, but this GUi shows up in pretty much all GregTech machines. For something like the assembly machine, it's vital.

Physicist

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. Oh, specific questions on the first and second buttons:
Does the first send power through cables, or only ever to other automatic GT machines?
Does the second push items into pipes, or only into adjacent automatic GT machines?
-If not, does an autarchic gate suck items only out of the face with the output square, or any face?​

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, cool. Oh, specific questions on the first and second buttons:
Does the first send power through cables, or only ever to other automatic GT machines?
Does the second push items into pipes, or only into adjacent automatic GT machines?
-If not, does an autarchic gate suck items only out of the face with the output square, or any face?​

The second icon is a push mechanic, however it only outputs stacks like once every 30 secs or so any only out of the face with the output square. It should work with standard transport pipes and I don't think you need wooden, but you might.

The power transfer works on adjacent machines, but I've never tried it with wires.

Ryan Mesure

Jul 29, 2019
I generally play SSP, that being said, I've heard many people saying that they have a server and play alone, is there any 'advantage' to having a server only for you versus simply playing in SSP?

Other people can see your work and/or help. My server (direwolf20 1.1.4) is almost like playing alone, people from different time zones.