Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Does Morph work with the pixelmon mod?

If so after you get the morph you want can pixelmon be disabled?

Also, anyone got a way to auto move the ... uhh. auto mine thing from thaumcraft 4, looks like a drill...? Without turtles.

Last question is: How do I get the range bigger on the mining drill in TC4? I tried looking in my thaumonomicon but found no reference.

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Last question is: How do I get the range bigger on the mining drill in TC4? I tried looking in my thaumonomicon but found no reference.
Check Direwolf20s Forgecraft 3 series. In the later episodes (over the last week or so) he has been using the Thaumcraft drill with Excavation Wand caps with something that makes the width 11 blocks (as opposed to the default width of 5 blocks). Don't know if you can increase the "range", by which I assume you mean the max distance away it will mine.

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Check Direwolf20s Forgecraft 3 series. In the later episodes (over the last week or so) he has been using the Thaumcraft drill with Excavation Wand caps with something that makes the width 11 blocks (as opposed to the default width of 5 blocks). Don't know if you can increase the "range", by which I assume you mean the max distance away it will mine.

Yeah no I actually meant... Width, or diameter. Thanks for the info!

BaraNoToge

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed- I wanna go into creative mode by using the /gamemode c command and it tells me I don't have permission??? I'm on single player personal world.

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Unleashed- I wanna go into creative mode by using the /gamemode c command and it tells me I don't have permission??? I'm on single player personal world.

YOu just have to click esc, in the menu click open to lan, and enable cheats! it's easy!

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly, the ATLauncher has 1.6 packs you may want to check out.

I was going to try the Resonant Rise pack, but encountered out of memory issues. Played around without success.

Would someone please recommend a PermGen value (is it bugged?) and java arguments for ResonantRise on a 3Gb x86 PC.

BaraNoToge

Jul 29, 2019
YOu just have to click esc, in the menu click open to lan, and enable cheats! it's easy!

WRONG. I don't wanna open LAN to do this as that is literally stupid. Who would want to open LAN just to go into creative? I should be able to do it without doing so. I figured it out anyway, just start the game as a creative and then go to survival by typing in /gamemode s
Much more simple and doesn't require you to open LAN

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
3Gb x86 PC.

To be honest I would not try RR with less then 4Gb even if you could get a set java arrments to let you lunch it you would still run out of memory or at least get vary laggy. RR is a beast at 150+ mods and a lot of world gen going on.

Reactions: un worry

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
WRONG. I don't wanna open LAN to do this as that is literally stupid. Who would want to open LAN just to go into creative? I should be able to do it without doing so. I figured it out anyway, just start the game as a creative and then go to survival by typing in /gamemode s

Another way is to start in survival, but make sure that you have cheats enabled in the world options before you hit create

Reactions: Saice

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Another way is to start in survival, but make sure that you have cheats enabled in the world options before you hit create

This is probly the easiest way as most of the time you going to go into world options for a few other settings too might as well check the box while your there.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
I was going to try the Resonant Rise pack, but encountered out of memory issues. Played around without success.

Would someone please recommend a PermGen value (is it bugged?) and java arguments for ResonantRise on a 3Gb x86 PC.
I recommend the Solitarycraft pack or Magicality - if your PC sucks, maybe ShneekeyCraft.
Solitarycraft allows for your to choose the mods you want, so that's a plus.
Magicality is really magic centered, but you can put Railcraft, Forestry, Binnie's Mods, Factorization and Buildcraft and Steve's Carts 2 with some ID problems.
ShneekeyCraft is pretty lightweight, but a lot of good mods are still in it, including Engineer's Toolbox, Mekanism, Railcraft and AE.

SatanicSanta

Jul 29, 2019

RR is one of the most resource intensive packs of all time.

Reactions: Saice

dgdas9

Jul 29, 2019

Meh, I thought this guy wanted to keep his world, that's what I suggested the LAn thing.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
My old PC handled RR perfectly fine, funnily enough. It was a bit slow, but it worked.

it all really depends on what your old pc was. For the most part if you have at least 4Gbs of memory and at least a fairly decent CPU and a medicore graphic card it should run.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
On the subject of PCs.... I can not recomend more the need to do a sort of spring cleaning now and then. You would be suppirsed at the amount of uneeded junk some people tend to build up. Not even talking about files I mean random programs they dont use or need running in the back ground making everything else run like crap. And of course anti-v some people never update theres and it adds a whole other level of crap to older pcs.

Reactions: ApSciLiara