Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to your input on multiplayer. While I'm not directly interested in changing configs/OP, the better performance and overall better controls are very attractive, I'm going to find a tutorial on server hosting and give it a try :)

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to your input on multiplayer. While I'm not directly interested in changing configs/OP, the better performance and overall better controls are very attractive, I'm going to find a tutorial on server hosting and give it a try :)

Just try it out on your machine so you can get a feel for it. It's super simple too, thanks to the awesome people at Forge :)

1. Download a Forge installer
2. Run it, select "install server"
3. Point it at an empty directory
4. Let it work
5. Go to that directory, start the server once, let it set up, and shut it down again with the command "stop"
6. Insert mods and configs and delete the world folder (so you can get a fresh one with all the added mod worldgen)
7. Start it again
8. Start your client (with the same Forge version, mod selection and configs, obviously)
9. Direct connect to "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" (they mean the same thing)
10. You are now playing on your own local server!

Reactions: Aloc

Aloc

Jul 29, 2019
Just try it out on your machine so you can get a feel for it. It's super simple too, thanks to the awesome people at Forge :)

1. Download a Forge installer
2. Run it, select "install server"
3. Point it at an empty directory
4. Let it work
5. Go to that directory, start the server once, let it set up, and shut it down again with the command "stop"
6. Insert mods and configs and delete the world folder (so you can get a fresh one with all the added mod worldgen)
7. Start it again
8. Start your client (with the same Forge version, mod selection and configs, obviously)
9. Direct connect to "127.0.0.1" or "localhost" (they mean the same thing)
10. You are now playing on your own local server!

Thanks again, I got it working already! Before you did say that, though, I actually went in ftb launcher and clicked "download server" and I'm using this server instead, is there a considerable difference from doing the forge installer?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Not really, no. The installer just creates from scratch what FTB delivers pre-packaged (minus the mods, obviously).

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Nope, but then again, I don't see what you would mean with "upgraded version". However, there is a mod called Carpenter's Blocks which allows you to texture your own bed in the way you want it. It also offers a few variations of the bed.

I guess I was thinking like some sort of high-tech "stasis chamber" or something that might give you some buffs or something. Or maybe less exp loss when you die. Or maybe even just a "redstone clock bed" that has settings for how long to sleep or until when, etc.

New question - how many magmatic engines can a liquid tesseract supply? What about geothermal generators? And is a good idea to have a railcraft tank receiving the lava, acting as a buffer to collect lava? Or do most folks just pump directly to their engines?

Reactions: ApSciLiara

Hallow XIII

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to Obsidian BR? I thought IC2 set it down to sixty, but on my Unleashed world it acts like it does in Vanilla Minecraft. Am I maybe just too dim to find a config that is defaulted to false, or is there a mod messing with it?

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
are you judging it based on mining speed? i dont know of any way to see blast resistance other than gregtech which isnt in unleashed.

As an example, iridium blocks have a blast resistance of 300 or 600 but are mined like butter.

Hallow XIII

Jul 29, 2019
No, I was testing using the mining laser. All three of reinforced concrete, reinforced stone and obsidian resist the explosive mode (which IIRC has the blast strength of TNT?) but are penetrated to various degrees by the long-range shot: at least four blocks for the concrete, two for reinforced stone and no penetration at all when fired at obsidian blocks.

NE: of course if that is based on the mining speed value rather than the blast resistance of the block this means that there are now two completely different variables to keep track of for defensive materials.

Wekmor

Jul 29, 2019
What happened to Obsidian BR? I thought IC2 set it down to sixty, but on my Unleashed world it acts like it does in Vanilla Minecraft. Am I maybe just too dim to find a config that is defaulted to false, or is there a mod messing with it?

Whats Obsidian BR?

loboca

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone know what mod adds Advanced Jetpacks and other, better IC2 armor stuff into Unleashed? Want to add it to ResonantRise (assuming its up to 1.6.4).

Redius

Jul 29, 2019
Simple question: How do you make Hardened Ice? I can make regular ice...but cannot figure out if it's possible to change it to hardened afterwards (got SOME hardened off the polar shelf near my base, but it's not enough for the build I have in mind.) Any help is appreciated!