Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Tristam Izumi

Jul 29, 2019
Just installed transloactor from direwolfs pack to unleashed. It won't keep a set of items in the ender chest. It will just keep adding them.
Add a diamond nugget to the receiving translocator and it will allow you to specify the quantity it want to keep in stock. Sorry, forgot about that part.

Reactions: BIBLO

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
Add a diamond nugget to the receiving translocator and it will allow you to specify the quantity it want to keep in stock. Sorry, forgot about that part.
you are a god send thank you.

just set down 5 nuclear reactors and blam they had all the correct stuff in correct spot. thank you so much.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Why wouldn't the redstone signal from an MFE trigger an EU SPlitter cable?

I wanted to have the MFE emit redstone when it was empty, to open the power to the secondary line. Nothing i do with the MFE activates the splitter cable. A lever also does NOT work, but a redstone torch does.

Is there some bug with splitter cables that would make them not even work with levers, and the MFE redstone signal?

Splitter cables are quite finicky with redstone signal, basically they need a strong signal, like repeater/dust pointing at it or redstone torch next to it. I honestly don't know why MFE won't activate it.

Reactions: zorn

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds like a bug. Levers for example always worked fine for me with splitter cables (and still work fine in 1.6.2 on the experimental branch of IC2).

Unleashed is stuck with a basically-not-supported-anymore version of classic IC2. Going forward, only the experimental branch will be maintained... but you can't get that for 1.5.x.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing in a dw20 video a way to see actual chunks in the world by pressing a key, anyone would know which key it is?

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
I remember seeing in a dw20 video a way to see actual chunks in the world by pressing a key, anyone would know which key it is?

F7 or F9. One is showing where mobs can spawn and the second one is showing chunk grid, both are added by CodeChickenCore. You may have to disable shaders in modular powersuit config for this to work.

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
F7 or F9. One is showing where mobs can spawn and the second one is showing chunk grid, both are added by CodeChickenCore. You may have to disable shaders in modular powersuit config for this to work.
Ah thanks for the extra bit of info because I had tried all the Fx keys without success :).
No shaders means no night vision power armor I guess, annoying...

edit:
After desactivating powerarmor shaders without any effect I searched a bit more and finally found that changing the graphics from fancy to fast fixed the problem!

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Im assuming you can't play a 1.4.7 pack and then a 1.5.2 and back again? If I try a 1.5.2 pack, it will update minecraft itself, and then I won't be able to play any 1.4.7, correct?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Im assuming you can't play a 1.4.7 pack and then a 1.5.2 and back again? If I try a 1.5.2 pack, it will update minecraft itself, and then I won't be able to play any 1.4.7, correct?
Each pack is stored in a separate directory, with the appropriate Minecraft jar, so you can have different worlds in two different packs and switch between them by dropping out to the launcher. You have to set up your preferences in both, like invert mouse, GUI scale, graphics detail, etc.[DOUBLEPOST=1380632711][/DOUBLEPOST]
just set down 5 nuclear reactors and blam...
I got worried when I read that...

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Each pack is stored in a separate directory, with the appropriate Minecraft jar, so you can have different worlds in two different packs and switch between them by dropping out to the launcher.

To add to that: installing a different version of the same pack will overwrite the existing installation of that pack. For example, you cannot have Unleashed 1.1.2 and Unleashed 1.1.4 installed alongside each other.

However, across Minecraft version jumps, packs usually get re-releases. The Direwolf20 pack, for example, exists as one 1.4.x pack and one 1.5.x pack. Since they are distinct packs, you can have both. You just can't have two different subversions of Direwolf 1.5.x.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
The Direwolf20 pack, for example, exists as one 1.4.x pack and one 1.5.x pack. Since they are distinct packs, you can have both. You just can't have two different subversions of Direwolf 1.5.x.
And if you do want two different subversions of one pack, just make a new directory and drop a fresh copy of the launcher into it and you can have two parallel sets of mod packs. You might have to manually edit a path in the settings, not sure, it's a while since I did this (I played one version locally, and a different version on a server).

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Just being able to try out unleashed works for me, still playing ultimate.

Side question: why did unhinged get so few mods in it? Seems like a lot of 'staple' mods like ComputerCraft aren't in it. Any reason why?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Because Unhinged was made to please Greg and calm down the flame wars. So, Greg chose his list of "balanced" mods, and they were set to be in the Modpack. Also, there are quite some troublesome ID conflicts with BoP when you put it in Unleashed (such as berries giving Energy Flow Circuits and the iron screw requiring mud), so I highly recommend that you take some time to fix the conflicts. I don't know if they exist with other mods, though.

Reactions: dgdas9 and Bigpak

Elmilo

Jul 29, 2019
Quick ones about bees - can the "diurnal" trait be isolated? I've been processing rocky bees but haven't got it yet - am I being very unlucky?

I'm on DW20 1.1.3

Thanks

Ripley

Jul 29, 2019
Quick ones about bees - can the "diurnal" trait be isolated? I've been processing rocky bees but haven't got it yet - am I being very unlucky?

I'm on DW20 1.1.3

Thanks

Do you mean nocturnal? So that the bees can work during the night? Then yes it can(at least you could in ultimate, doubt it's different in latest DW20).

Elmilo

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks very much - I was starting to think so but having confirmation is always better than blind experiment!

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
To clarify this a little bit:
Almost all species work during the day, only the species behind the above mentioned link work during the night. This is locked with the species and cannot be changes (so ne serum for that). Adding the nocturnal trait to a bee allows it, to work both day and night, regardless of the native cycle.
Since the addition of diurnal and isNocturnal, the well known nocturnal trait seems a bit misnamed now (since it adds diurnal capacity to the isNocturnal species).