Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
How much iridium ore (circular version) are you supposed to get from nether iridium ore when you macerate it? and if you put it in an induction smelter what is it supposed to give you, the ORE, or the circular blobs? and if you put just the regular ore in (square iridium ore not nether ore) into a macerator what does it give you and how much.

I'm asking this as I do not have gregtech enabled and there is no recipe for it.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm... Iridium ore doesn't exist without GT (the block one and the nether one). You can only get it through UU-Matter, and it will be the blobs.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Uhm... Iridium ore doesn't exist without GT (the block one and the nether one). You can only get it through UU-Matter, and it will be the blobs.

Actually it does as a nether ore if you use force ore spawning and disable ones that don't have any relevancy to what mods you have installed.

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
How much of an Iron/steel Tank needs to be chunkloaded for it to work?

How fast can an Iron/steel Tank valve expel/store liquid?

If I make a huge wall of Redstone Energy Cells, will that cause problems?

If I make a wall of igneous extruders and transfer nodes, will that cause server lag?

What's an aesthetically pleasing way to arrange industrial steam engines?

1) presumably just the valves being used and the bottom center block being used for data storage. usually you will chunkload the whole thing.
2) at whatever the max value of what youre using to input/output. valve accepts from tesseracts at max speed, which is 5 gold pipes worth.
your output will be either the max of a wooden pipe, or if using a valve pipe +gate w/ pump function, gold. or tesseract.

3) don't think so

4) I don't know.

5) that's up to you. not many ways to do it though.

JunpakuKarasu

Jul 29, 2019
My wooden pipe is auto-ejecting stacks to and from my recycler without being powered, are they supposed to do that now?

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
What should my centrifuge to alveary ratio be? Right now I've got 3 alvearies and I just added a second centrifuge to my network because it didn't seem to be keeping up very well.

Also, are there any unleashed-compatible mods that add faster bee product processing?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have trouble with NEI before? When I click the Item Subsets box and it lists off the mods/categories... forestry is dark, as if i had clicked it which would normally make the items disappear from the list on the right hand side. But the forestry items still show up, but none of the Tiny dusts (ultimate 1.4.7) show up at all.

Is there a way to just reset NEI so that all items show up again?

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
How many storage disks do I need to store things from a quarry, not counting dirt or cobble, and MAYBE gravel. would two 64k's do it? (64x64) I want to just setup like 6 max size quarries at once and let em go

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
How many storage disks do I need to store things from a quarry, not counting dirt or cobble, and MAYBE gravel. would two 64k's do it? (64x64) I want to just setup like 6 max size quarries at once and let em go
just use deep storage devices. 1 for each type of stuff the quarry digs up, and you will never have to worry about storage again. It will also be a lot cheaper than 2 64k disk.

they hold 2 billion of 1 item, and they can be taken up and still hold there items.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
just use deep storage devices. 1 for each type of stuff the quarry digs up, and you will never have to worry about storage again. It will also be a lot cheaper than 2 64k disk.

they hold 2 billion of 1 item, and they can be taken up and still hold there items.

That's the thing I already have like 8 64k storage disks that are empty and need to be used

Ghworg

Jul 29, 2019
So newbie here, just set up my first miner, and it wont work for me.

I have two Geo generators ontop of eatch other, isolated copper wire going from them to a batbox then from the output to the miner, but the miner just isent getting enough Power :/ Could someone tell me what im doing wrong? Followed the youtube guildes, but it just wont work.

Any ideas?

eric167

Jul 29, 2019
one 64K is only a little over half full from a max size quarry.
if you DSU the cobble/dirt/gravel, you free up a lot of space.

Bigpak

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I know that I do DSU the cobble dirt gravel and sand. I got 12 64k disks now that are empty, that should last a while :p

Ghworg

Jul 29, 2019
So newbie here, just set up my first miner, and it wont work for me.

I have two Geo generators ontop of eatch other, isolated copper wire going from them to a batbox then from the output to the miner, but the miner just isent getting enough Power :/ Could someone tell me what im doing wrong? Followed the youtube guildes, but it just wont work.

Any ideas?

Ok so, Think i figured it out, its the dimond drill that drain too much Power, but how am i suposed to get it to work? the miner can only handle 32EU/T? And thatt not enough for the dimond drill, wont it blow up if i plug in more? or am i missunerstanding something?

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
If a Railcraft Industrial Steam Engine is warming up, is it less fuel efficient, or just slower?

Also the same for a Buildcraft Laser (the ones used for Assembly Tables). Do they use power less efficiently when starting out, or do they just use it more slowly?

Henry Link

Popular Member
Dec 23, 2012
USA - East Coast
Ok so, Think i figured it out, its the dimond drill that drain too much Power, but how am i suposed to get it to work? the miner can only handle 32EU/T? And thatt not enough for the dimond drill, wont it blow up if i plug in more? or am i missunerstanding something?

Not many people use the miner. But think of EU like you would electricity. You have voltage and amps. The 32 eu/t is like the voltage. But there is also packets flowing on that line as well. You can think of them as the current. You can put a lot of packets on the line but you can't increase the voltage without blowing up the machine.

So to run the mining more efficiently you need to get it more packets but not exceed the 32 eu/t. You can do this by connecting the geothermal generators directly to the miner. The bat box is acting a limiter on the amount of packets at 32 eu/t you can send to the miner.

EggoSlayer

Jul 29, 2019
Quick Question:

I'm currently playing Direwolf 1.5 v2. How do I set waypoints and such? Is there a button to access the minimap options? I looked in the controls menu and it made no mention of one...

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
Not many people use the miner. But think of EU like you would electricity. You have voltage and amps. The 32 eu/t is like the voltage. But there is also packets flowing on that line as well. You can think of them as the current. You can put a lot of packets on the line but you can't increase the voltage without blowing up the machine.

So to run the mining more efficiently you need to get it more packets but not exceed the 32 eu/t. You can do this by connecting the geothermal generators directly to the miner. The bat box is acting a limiter on the amount of packets at 32 eu/t you can send to the miner.

You've got it backwards. 32 eu/p is the voltage. The eu/t on a line has no limit.