Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Thurzatuhl

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a central list of all EU and MJ inputs, outputs, and capacities for all machines and tools in Unleashed? If not, are there separate ones for some of the mods?

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a simple way to tell my ME network "when I have less than X amount of a thing, craft until I have that much" other than a level emitter and some sort of crafting table?

Also: is there a quasi-definitive list of mystcraft symbols that add instability/how much instability they add? Or particular combinations of things that add instability to be compensated for?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
an precision export bus set to craft only mode and only export when recieving an redstone signal with a level emitter beside it works pretty well

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
I searched these fora but could not find any post about this;

Can I switch my current Direwolf20 1.1.3 pack (so, v2 one) for Ultimate 1.1.3?

Without ID conflicts or any other negative side effects ofc. (I miss Power Converters badly...)
I can imagine switching back could be an issue due to more mods being in Ultimate then DW20.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Can I switch my current Direwolf20 1.1.3 pack (so, v2 one) for Ultimate 1.1.3?
You would have to fix the ID problems in the same way as if you were to upgrade from DW20 1.1.3 to DW20 1.1.4, there are threads explaining how to do that. It looks moderately complicated. Alternatively, just add the mods that you want one by one and deal only with the conflicts that you get, you may not get any. You will be stuck with your custom pack though and will not be able to easily upgrade to future versions without solving the ID conflict problem.

Alcheya

Jul 29, 2019
Is there anything similar to a restriction tube in unleashed 1.1.4? I read that a diamond pipe could be used like a restriction tube, but that is definitely not the case. Basically need something to only "go here" if there is no other place for it to go.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Is there anything similar to a restriction tube in unleashed 1.1.4? I read that a diamond pipe could be used like a restriction tube, but that is definitely not the case. Basically need something to only "go here" if there is no other place for it to go.
Not really. There is something similar in Logistics Pipes, but you can't just add one of those to an existing Buildcraft pipe network. The whole pipe network has to have Logistics Pipes throughout it (at the inputs, outputs, and junctions) in order for the "default route" to work.

triblades

Jul 29, 2019
You would have to fix the ID problems in the same way as if you were to upgrade from DW20 1.1.3 to DW20 1.1.4, there are threads explaining how to do that. It looks moderately complicated. Alternatively, just add the mods that you want one by one and deal only with the conflicts that you get, you may not get any. You will be stuck with your custom pack though and will not be able to easily upgrade to future versions without solving the ID conflict problem.

I read this:
"

This pack brings DW20 ID's in line with Unleashed ID's. DW20 and Unleashed now use Master Configs. This means they have configs for all the mods in Unleashed ,Unhinged and DW20. You should be able to take a mod from Unhinged or DW20 and put it in Unleashed etc.
"
Source: http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thr...f20_1_5-modpack-urgent-feedback-needed.28103/ (under the first 'hide' button)

I don't really get what that's saying, that is why I asked here. So this still means I can't change?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
I don't really get what that's saying, that is why I asked here. So this still means I can't change?
Oh, right, I think I got my versions confused. I was thinking of 1.1.2. If you're already on 1.1.3 then your world should transfer over just fine, you should be able to download the Unleashed pack and copy the saves folder across from the Direwolf20 pack directory.

Reactions: triblades

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019

Redpower tubes and Buildcraft pipes are inherently different in the way they work. It's no surprise that you can't replicate all functionality of one exactly with the other; it would be like trying to make a chocolate cake if all you had were apples. The apples can make a tasty cake too, but no matter how hard you try, they will never ever make a chocolate cake.

When people say you can rig a "do not go here unless other paths are invalid" with a diamond pipe, then they mean this: you specify all the paths for an item you want to go, and leave one path that has nothing at all specified in its filter (and is not the way the item came from). That path becomes the default route for that item if all the paths that specifically ask the item to go there become invalid. However, this has the following caveats:
- Buildcraft pipes only declare paths as invalid if there is an inventory directly adjacent to the pipe exit, and that inventory is full.
- This setup works only for the items you specify in the diamond pipe filter, and the filter has a limited number of entries. It will never work for a pipe that handles everything under the sun.

So basically, you can have a diamond pipe sitting in between two chests, and direct (for example) cobblestone and dirt and gravel to both the left chest and the right chest, and provide a continue path with no filter at all. This will ensure that no cobblestone, dirt or gravel ever chooses the continue path unless both adjacent chests no longer accept any more of it. But for everything else, you either need logistics pipes, or you need to start designing your pipe networks in a way that no longer requires you to use that sort of routing logic.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Larmonade

Jul 29, 2019
What is the optimal way to pull everything from a chest except for one particular item type? I have a peaceful table set up, and while importing swords isn't a problem, exporting all of the other crap while leaving the sword in is proving to be troublesome.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
If "all of the other crap" is a limited variety of item types, then an emerald item pipe will do it.

angelnc

Jul 29, 2019
What is the optimal way to pull everything from a chest except for one particular item type? I have a peaceful table set up, and while importing swords isn't a problem, exporting all of the other crap while leaving the sword in is proving to be troublesome.

I had this set up with Logistics Pipes Extractor Module. You can define what to exclude there.

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019

RC item loader. They are my go to solution for weird item management. Set it to excess mode, with one or two swords set and to emit redstone when complete. This way it will load to cart until it is full, but it will leave the items that you set in filter part of the GUI in the chest, no matter if the swords are damaged or not.

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
What is the item called Essence Extractor (made from 2 emerals, 1 book and 4 end stone)? What is it for and how can I use it?

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
Seems to me to be like a Level Bank, you right click it and it takes all your levels, click it again and it gives them to you in a edible piece of essence

Reactions: Blastedsura

Blastedsura

Jul 29, 2019
The clicking to get back essence wasn't working for me for some reason, that's why I wasn't understanding it's use, thanks!

Strill

Jul 29, 2019
How much of an Iron/steel Tank needs to be chunkloaded for it to work?

How fast can an Iron/steel Tank valve expel/store liquid?

If I make a huge wall of Redstone Energy Cells, will that cause problems?

If I make a wall of igneous extruders and transfer nodes, will that cause server lag?

What's an aesthetically pleasing way to arrange industrial steam engines?