Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
What other tools can be used to help automate building large structrues? I use a Filler, and have used turtles a little bit, is there anything else? Is there some sort of program that allows more of a creative mode, to create blocks? i saw a video where guys were making huge rings, and the words '480 blocks created' appeared when the ring appeared... assuming this is some sort of program that just makes huge structures automatically?

I assume this is world edit but if you want an exact structure you can use blueprints to recreate it.[DOUBLEPOST=1379368731][/DOUBLEPOST]
if you're looking for a hand tool, cobalt hatchet is always very nice :)

Better yet, cobalt lumber axe or a quarry or filler on delete.

KhrFreak

Jul 29, 2019
I assume this is world edit but if you want an exact structure you can use blueprints to recreate it.[DOUBLEPOST=1379368731][/DOUBLEPOST]

he wants to hollow it out, would a lumber axe not just cut down the tree?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
How do I analyse bees while in my AE system, IE, not with the handheld 'bealyzer'
Use Logistic Pipes - it has a pipe dedicated to that. Yes, it's not AE, but when it comes down to inventory management, LP is so much better than AE.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
Bluep

Blueprints? I thought the BC Builder wasn't usable?

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
he wants to hollow it out, would a lumber axe not just cut down the tree?

I think the lumber ax just does a vertical column of wooden blocks - so 1x1x9 or something like that.
So it could still work for everything but the entrance (assuming I'm right of course...)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
I think the lumber ax just does a vertical column of wooden blocks - so 1x1x9 or something like that.
So it could still work for everything but the entrance (assuming I'm right of course...)
I believe the battle axe does that, and the lumber axe tries to cut the whole tree down

Flufflez1988

Jul 29, 2019
A little while ago i saw a topic somewhere on this forum with a link to a spreadsheet about all the different versions of FTB Unleashed. I cant seem to find it anymore. Anyone that could maybe help me out? :)

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Depends on your pack.[DOUBLEPOST=1379373895][/DOUBLEPOST]

No I have tested this, it WILL try to cut the whole tree bu if it is bigger than a certain size it just does like a hammer.

Yes, that's what I was saying, it's not the lumber axe that they're after

it's the battle axe that cuts a column out of the tree.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
How hard is it to move a world to a new server? A friend told me it requires lots of work changing the config files on the new server to match the old, but i didnt think our configs were that customized anyway. Couldnt he just copy the config files and the world save folder, and I could put the world on a new server? (basically, have friends that get bored fast, i want to keep the world we are in, thought about just getting my own cheap server and keeping the existing world on that, so they can restart a new world)

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
How hard is it to move a world to a new server? A friend told me it requires lots of work changing the config files on the new server to match the old, but i didnt think our configs were that customized anyway. Couldnt he just copy the config files and the world save folder, and I could put the world on a new server? (basically, have friends that get bored fast, i want to keep the world we are in, thought about just getting my own cheap server and keeping the existing world on that, so they can restart a new world)
I think he meant ID configs - you'll hardly get the same IDs from an world to the other, and you certainly don't want to turn a bone into a diamond or vice versa. You'll need to change the ID numbers from the old server to the new server ones to make it work, since when you change, everything will have to be syncronized. Or do you want your mass fab to turn into a slag furnace?

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I think he meant ID configs - you'll hardly get the same IDs from an world to the other, and you certainly don't want to turn a bone into a diamond or vice versa. You'll need to change the ID numbers from the old server to the new server ones to make it work, since when you change, everything will have to be syncronized. Or do you want your mass fab to turn into a slag furnace?

This happens going from an ultimate server to another ultimate server, just changing hardware servers? The IDs get all messed up?

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
This happens going from an ultimate server to another ultimate server, just changing hardware servers? The IDs get all messed up?
In that case, you need to get the stuff from the players (inventory) and then add to the new world or just tell them to put ALL of their items in the chests. No exceptions.