Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

vreetech

Jul 29, 2019
So you went through a nether portal... and wound up far away in the overworld?

It is one thing to go through a portal, then try to return and wind up a bit more than 1k blocks away from where you expected. That's a normal consequence of having other portals nearby and vanilla nether portal mechanics.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Nether_Portal#Portal_Linkage_between_Overworld_and_Nether

Sometimes that is fixed by breaking all portals except the two you want paired, sometimes not. On a server with lots of other people making portals it is best to give up on predictability and just bring a way to teleport home.

If you really went through a portal and immediately arrived at a different part of the overworld... wow.

Yep. I managed to travel through about 6-7 different portals in the overworld and ended up -9999999+ away from home. Going back through each portal just put me further and further away. Just to clarify the original one I made was the very first made.

Deftscythe

Jul 29, 2019
So I'm really new to bee breeding and I'm a little confused about mutation. What I want to do is take some of my good traits and get the next tier(from fast production to faster, long lifespan to longer, etc). If I put together two bees of the same species that both have the trait i'm after with, say, three soul frames, is that going to work(given time, of course)? Further, is there any chance, if both bees are purebred, that they'll change species on me? I only have one valiant princess and I don't want to risk her without knowing what's what.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I'm really new to bee breeding and I'm a little confused about mutation. What I want to do is take some of my good traits and get the next tier(from fast production to faster, long lifespan to longer, etc). If I put together two bees of the same species that both have the trait i'm after with, say, three soul frames, is that going to work(given time, of course)? Further, is there any chance, if both bees are purebred, that they'll change species on me? I only have one valiant princess and I don't want to risk her without knowing what's what.

I'm not sure if you can randomly mutate improvements to basic traits, you're better off finding a bee species that has the trait you want and introducing it to your breeding lines.

If both bees are purebreeds of the same species you will always get offspring of that species.

Reactions: SpitefulFox

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Was wondering what it'd be like to have a modpack with Railcraft, but no TE or BC. Can use Railcraft water tanks to gen water, but I was wondering if there's another way. Can use ExtraUtils to pipe liquids around and Railcraft tanks to store them.

Water tanks are very slow. With only railcraft if you want a lot of water I'd use dispensers with buckets and loaders/unloaders to tanks (my old screenshot for similar question: http://imgur.com/Jxgpy ). Of course you can use transfer nodes straight with dispensers to tanks.

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
Water tanks are very slow. With only railcraft if you want a lot of water I'd use dispensers with buckets and loaders/unloaders to tanks (my old screenshot for similar question: http://imgur.com/Jxgpy ). Of course you can use transfer nodes straight with dispensers to tanks.
Railcraft-based automation is always cool looking, even if it's terribly inefficient.

Sertas

Jul 29, 2019
I'm searching around level 50. I checked GT's config file and didn't see Bauxite in the worldgen section. I'll delete the mod and config file. then reinstall and hope there is a change. At this point I'll have to learn bees to get the titanium or cheat some in.

Kiwi Zuccini

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a town for me and my friends with steam-powered energy that will run to each person's house, I want to be able to count how much energy they've used so I may charge them accordingly, is there any block or mechanism i can set up to do this? I was thinking eu-detector cables and a block that counts how many ticks a current was on for and multiplying that by the packet size of eu I decide to send out. I don't know a block that counts redstone length and doesn't reset when a new signal comes through. Maybe theres a block I havn't eve seen that does this. Any ideas? Im on FTB ultimate btw.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
I'm making a town for me and my friends with steam-powered energy that will run to each person's house, I want to be able to count how much energy they've used so I may charge them accordingly, is there any block or mechanism i can set up to do this? I was thinking eu-detector cables and a block that counts how many ticks a current was on for and multiplying that by the packet size of eu I decide to send out. I don't know a block that counts redstone length and doesn't reset when a new signal comes through. Maybe theres a block I havn't eve seen that does this. Any ideas? Im on FTB ultimate btw.

There is no block or tool I know of that can count throughput in any power network in Minecraft... if you want to work with payment, you generally need to adopt a prepay model.

You can use pre-filled storage. Like, for X amount of currency you'll connect a filled redstone energy cell. Or a MFE.

For EU, there's another option - the Energy-O-Mat. You can set it to output X EU for every <item> that someone inserts. You can use industrial credits, or diamonds, or even spider eyes if you're so inclined.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
A few Tinker's Construct questions.
1. What is Seared Glass for? I have Seared Windows in my smeltery but haven't used any Seared Glass.
2. Can I stack Seared Tanks on top of each other for more lava storage? I have done this but it is glitchy.
3. Can I melt tool parts back into liquid metal?

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
A question about the Forestry 2.0 Multifarm Arboretum: Is there a way to get it to clear the leaves by itself? Natural leaf decay is slow.

Flipz

Jul 29, 2019

Actually, that won't work, unfortunately. When a mutation happens, the new species' "default" traits are all added to the mix, which makes it difficult to pass on the traits you want from the parent species to the offspring.

My advice RE: Princesses: Wait until you have a Valiant drone, and breed up a good supply of Valiant drones before trying to do ANYTHING with them. Same with any other species, really.

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Can I have 2 separate Unleashed packs, one, custom for singleplayer and second, clean for multiplayer?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Logistics Pipes: what do the settings on the Provider Pipe do? I want to send carrots and seeds from my MFR Harvester to the Planter, keeping 1 stack in the Planter and sending everything else into storage.

I have a chest attached to the Harvester, and a Provider Pipe. Planter has a Supplier Pipe set to supply 1 stack of seeds and 1 stack of carrots. Enderchest has a Supplier Pipe set with 1 seed, 1 wheat, 1 cotton, and 1 carrot. I currently have the Provider Pipe set to "Leave 1 item per type", but nothing is going to the Enderchest. Any ideas?[DOUBLEPOST=1377971616][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can I have 2 separate Unleashed packs, one, custom for singleplayer and second, clean for multiplayer?
Not with the current launcher, but the new launcher will be able to do that. It should be out fairly soon, I hear.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
A few Tinker's Construct questions.
1. What is Seared Glass for? I have Seared Windows in my smeltery but haven't used any Seared Glass.
2. Can I stack Seared Tanks on top of each other for more lava storage? I have done this but it is glitchy.
3. Can I melt tool parts back into liquid metal?

1. Identical to seared windows, I believe. Just a stylistic difference.
2. I tried this and it did not work.
3. I have not tried this.

A question about the Forestry 2.0 Multifarm Arboretum: Is there a way to get it to clear the leaves by itself? Natural leaf decay is slow.

No, there is not. But you could make the farm bigger, thereby having more leaves decaying at once? :p

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
I can find the output of steam in mb/t for Steam Boilers, but not how much water they will require in mb/t, anyone know this for railcraft boilers? I had tesseracts hooked up to a water tank and my 36hp liquid boiler blew up... tank did not run out of water, so i can only assume the boiler just couldnt get enough water through the tesseract.

...ugh, i just realized i had 7 liquiducts coming out of the water tank, but only one connection into the tesseract. (facepalm) I dont see water requirement numbers on teh railcraft wiki, do they exist, or do i just keep adding more water connctions until it is safe?

I had read somewhere that a tesseract has unlimited throughput, will putting it right next to the boiler provide unlimited water? Or do you have to create multiple connections like you do with the team output pipes?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Boilers require very little water. A pump powered by a single redstone engine can keep multiple 36 HP's running indefinitely. You probably deactivated your tesseract with a redstone signal or forgot to chunkload the water tank or something.