Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
In Unleashed 1.1.3 I keep getting Haste III enchant on my thaumium helm/chest/leggings. Is this doing anything? Haste on boots makes me run faster, but when I take them off (and am still wearing the other Haste peices) I run slow.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
LOLz (usually i don't anywhere near this phrase) after watching direwolf SMP5. doing a not so amazing job with his ThaumRoom door. I know admittedly he's clearly states he no good (yet) at Rednet config (and if it works then cool). but i did not find this page.

the godsend of all RedNet config knowledge :D[DOUBLEPOST=1377434024][/DOUBLEPOST]Has anyone used platinum in the smeltery and if so, what are the results? i'm doing it now anyway but i though i may just get it out there and see if platinum is awesome or not?

I dont care for rednet controllers but I find VERY simple lua in a computer can replicate anything that RP2 tings could do. Also, you said the only similarity between alloy wire and rednet cable is that it carries a signal. What more is there to them lol. Although they can be buggy.

wolfsilver00

Jul 29, 2019
Hello guys! Well, i found myself in unleashed with BoP instead of extrabiomes, a decision i really appreciate and was hoping would be done.. But, as an assiduous user of Better Dungeons (And Im sure someone out there is too) i found my dungeons not spawning correctly.. This fixes it:

castles.prop
biomes
=Plains,Deadlands,Drylands,Desert,Field,Garden,Grassland,LushDesert,Meadow,Oasis,Outback,Pasture,Prairie,Savanna,Scrubland,Taiga,Wasteland
castleSnow
.prop
biomes
=IcePlains,Arctic,Glacier,IcyHills,Polar,Tundra
iceCave
.prop
biomes
=FrozenOcean,IcePlains,IceMountains,FrozenRiver,Arctic,Glacier,IcyHills,Polar,Tundra
jungleCave
.prop
biomes
=Jungle,JungleHills,Bayou,Bog,DeadSwamp,Fen,LushSwamp,Mangrove,Quagmire,Rainforest,Swampland,Swampwoods,TropicalRainforest,Wetland,TemperateRainforest,Tropics
stronghold
.prop
biomes
=Taiga,Badlands,Chaparral,Dunes,Heathland,Highland,IcyHills,Mesa,Shield,OriginValley,Steppe
volcano
.prop
biomes
=ExtremeHills,Alps,Canyon,Crag,JadeCliffs,Moor,Mountain,SacredSprings
netherCity.prop, ship.prop, undergroundDungeon.propNo changes

Found it here:

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...-the-adventurers/page__st__3320#entry22504773

So, good luck raiding!

And, by the way, this post is brought to you because ICountFrom0 asked, so thank him because i wouldn't had found this thread by myself!

Reactions: AlanEsh and Omicron

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
If you have a Tier 3 Upgrade Tome, you can craft Cobwebs and use them in a Force Infuser to put Silk Touch on a tool.

Or, you can craft a Silk Jewel and use it to add Silk Touch to a Tinkers Construct tool.

The problem is I dont have my base anymore as it was griefed and I need to set up again.[DOUBLEPOST=1377464682][/DOUBLEPOST]Plus I use the DW20 pack.

Smiletactician

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

So I found this block/ore in the nether which, didn't mine. I did find it peculiar as it look like addicts but it was glowing (not emitting light just kind of shimmering). I tried to mine it with a cobalt head/ardiate handle. It's not in NEI but I feel I need to find this rrarity again. albeit I assume it rare and also in the nether. I was so seeing if by any chance anyone know of it? Knows about it? Knows (importantly) how to mine it?

And yes, I totally forgot to screen it until after it disappeared. Massive derp.

Pokefenn

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

So I found this block/ore in the nether which, didn't mine. I did find it peculiar as it look like addicts but it was glowing (not emitting light just kind of shimmering). I tried to mine it with a cobalt head/ardiate handle. It's not in NEI but I feel I need to find this rrarity again. albeit I assume it rare and also in the nether. I was so seeing if by any chance anyone know of it? Knows about it? Knows (importantly) how to mine it?

And yes, I totally forgot to screen it until after it disappeared. Massive derp.

More than likely a bee-hive, you could have tried a scoop.

flummox

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong.
A RedNet cable is more comparable to alloy wire, yes, but it is a mix between that and bundled cable. Besides, it takes the same pseudo-block area as an alloy wire, it just removes movement area. So it takes the same space. It's more like a pipe, really. It is a substitute, and the RedNet controller is FAR more powerful than what you'd expect. Toy a bit with it.
It's far more powerful than RP2, and in terms of usage, it is much less laggy.
And if you want to get RedPower 2 back again using other mods, here the list is:
ComputerCraft - Machines
MineFactoryReloaded - Alloy Wire and Tubes (now Conveyors!)
Engineer's Toolbox - Machines
RedLogic - Alloy Wire
MFFS 3.0 Calclavia - Frames
Tinker's Construct - Vorpal and Gem Tools
Natura - Flax
Buildcraft - Machines and Tubes (Pipes, in this case)

First, I wasn't asking for a replacement for red alloy wire. I was looking for red alloy wire.
Second, it is NOT a replacement. It is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. Even your post mentioned exactly how different it is.
Third, don't assume I haven't "played with it a bit".

It does the job, yes. But so does old school redstone on the ground and redstone torches.

Repeat: it is not a comparable substitute for red alloy wire.

I do not "want to get RedPower2 back again using other mods". Did you read my original question? I'll answer that for you: no, you did not.

And, to avoid this in the future, anyone who says the worktable is a replacement for the project table is a dumbass.

My original question was already answered. RedPower2 is not (yet) compatible with versions above 1.4.7. Thank you.

flummox

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
How can I craft something by sending a redstone pulse?
MFR's Liquicrafter will do that.

In Unleashed 1.1.3 I keep getting Haste III enchant on my thaumium helm/chest/leggings. Is this doing anything? Haste on boots makes me run faster, but when I take them off (and am still wearing the other Haste peices) I run slow.
Sounds like a Thaumcraft bug to me...
And, no, I don't think Haste on anything other than boots does anything.