Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
How much flux does the Dragon Energy Siphon generate or
what do I have to do to remove it?
The wiki states that a single pure node is not enough, what about 5, or 10?
And how much flux do those pure bees remove?

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
How much flux does the Dragon Energy Siphon generate or
what do I have to do to remove it?
The wiki states that a single pure node is not enough, what about 5, or 10?
And how much flux do those pure bees remove?
I don't think you can spread the flux over multiple nodes, I think it all goes into the nearest node.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how much EU/t (or MJ/t, for that matter) an MFFS Forcefield requires per cubic meter of forcefield? Just for the basic forcefield, I want to know how much infrastructure it requires.

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
It's per side, so yes you can.

Are they just a simple light like a torch? I can't find any information on them. I think Magnum Torch is what I really want, though, but I can't quite justify the diamond expenditure at the moment. Does anyone know about the MT mechanics? Do they create phantom blocks that would prevent tree growth like a Wrath Lamp does?

I've heard it said that the MFR Harvester can.
A Lux Capacitor is basically a fancy-looking torch with a physical hitbox that requires the appropriate MPS module to place, costs almost nothing after that initial cost, and can be placed at long range. It does nothing terribly unusual.

The Magnum Torch from ExtraUtils simply prevents all natural mob spawns within 64 meters. I don't think it does anything that would interfere with anything other than vanilla darkroom mob spawning areas- but Cursed Earth and other blocks that forcibly spawn mobs should still work fine.
It emits no more light than a block of glowstone, and should function if buried underground.

What is a good way to place water source blocks? I know a dispenser with water buckets would work, is there any solution to refill say, a trench, when the water gets drained?
If you're on MC 1.4, the Redpower Pump and Grate would do it.

Does anyone know how much EU/t (or MJ/t, for that matter) an MFFS Forcefield requires per cubic meter of forcefield? Just for the basic forcefield, I want to know how much infrastructure it requires.
My best guess for MFFS 1 is 0.1 EU/t per force field block. That was long before forcicium was added.
In MFFS 2, with forcicium, I would expect the value to be about the same- although I don't know if that's burning EU and forcicium or simultaneously using EU to create forcicium and burning that.

In MFFS 3... I have no idea what Calclavia might have done.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
When I pump scrap into my mass fabricator instead of stopping when scrap is full it just starts spewing it everywhere. Whats happening?

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
When I pump scrap into my mass fabricator instead of stopping when scrap is full it just starts spewing it everywhere. Whats happening?
The inventory is full. If you are on 1.4.7, you could use pneumatic tubes that wouldn't let that happen, or you can use bc pipes and gates to make it stop sending items when the inventory is full.

Skirty_007

Jul 29, 2019
Arent BC pipes smart enough though? Im on 1.5.2[DOUBLEPOST=1377332748][/DOUBLEPOST]

I dont have an AE system yet.

Does your pack have logistics pipes? You can use a power junction, a provider pipe on the chest/barrel/dsu that contains your scrap and a supplier pipe on the mass fab to create the beginnings of your logistics pipe network. It's not *quite* as simple as that, but this would be a good place to start using it if it's available to you.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Arent BC pipes smart enough though? Im on 1.5.2

BC pipes are smart enough to try other paths if the current one is invalid (i.e. target inventory is full). However, you must give it an alternate path to try. Items will never go back the way they came, so what you can do is build a loopback, for example.

If you do that you want to use a diamond pipe or insertion pipe on the mass fab, though, in order to force 100% of the items to try entering it first before falling back on the alternate path. If you just use a normal pipe junction there's a 50/50 chance for each item to go either way.

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
BC pipes are smart enough to try other paths if the current one is invalid (i.e. target inventory is full). However, you must give it an alternate path to try. Items will never go back the way they came, so what you can do is build a loopback, for example.

If you do that you want to use a diamond pipe or insertion pipe on the mass fab, though, in order to force 100% of the items to try entering it first before falling back on the alternate path. If you just use a normal pipe junction there's a 50/50 chance for each item to go either way.

Ahhhh ok thank you!

LexLuthier

Jul 29, 2019
I have three Apiaries with pure imperials running. Have been getting Royal jelly for some time now. Suddenly I'm just not getting anymore (it's been hours Real Time). Anything that causes this?

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
My brand new 36HP boiler is unable to feed 18 industrial steam engines.
I'm already sucking all the steam he's producing out but my engines don't get enough and are just able to produce about 6MJ each.
Did they change the amount of steam the engines require or the boiler produces?

schyman

Jul 29, 2019
I'm already sucking all the steam he's producing out but my engines don't get enough and are just able to produce about 6MJ each.
That would have to be really recently. But are you sure they get fed properly? What's your setup?

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
Which version of Railcraft are you using?
Is the fuel tank (if liquid) or inventory itemstacks (if solid) always filled?
Is the water tank always filled?
Is the heat over 100° and constantly rising? (until it finally reaches 1000°)
"sucking all the steam out": So the internal steam tank is always more or less empty?
IIRC the engines need a moment to get to full production. Since when did they start producing energy?

tobi1449

Jul 29, 2019
A 36HP boiler fed by 3 Powered Furnaces and a forestry tree farm.
The charcoal is piling up inside the boiler and the furnaces.
Heat is at 1000° and as I said I'm sucking out steam faster than the boiler can produce it.
For this I made 8 powered liquiduct connections feeding into 1 line along the 18 engines (2 engines per liquiduct part)
Also although I forgot to switch one of the liquiducts to pull-mode earlier (just in pull mode they can empty the boilers steam tank completely, right?) and the remaining 7 still managed to
pull out all the steam.

Edit: The setup has been running serveral hours now and the engines internal tanks barely reach 3,900mB (most of the time they are between this and 3,800mB)

GPuzzle

Jul 29, 2019
A 36HP boiler fed by 3 Powered Furnaces and a forestry tree farm.
The charcoal is piling up inside the boiler and the furnaces.
Heat is at 1000° and as I said I'm sucking out steam faster than the boiler can produce it.
For this I made 8 powered liquiduct connections feeding into 1 line along the 18 engines (2 engines per liquiduct part)
Also although I forgot to switch one of the liquiducts to pull-mode earlier (just in pull mode they can empty the boilers steam tank completely, right?) and the remaining 7 still managed to
pull out all the steam.

Edit: The setup has been running serveral hours now and the engines internal tanks barely reach 3,900mB (most of the time they are between this and 3,800mB)
You may want to add more liquiducts coming from the boiler to the steam engines - so that way, you'll be able to handle all the pressure.
Use 3 rows of 6 engines, instead of 1 of 18 or 2 of 9.
The pressure isn't infinite, so I guess you just aren't able to output the steam as much as you could.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I found a few oilwells in an area about 1300 blocks from my base. I pumped it all up into an iron tank, there's about 3 million mB of the stuff. What would be the best way to get this back to my main stash of oil tanks?

The idea of running pipes over that distance with chunk loaders occured, but it's pretty ludicrous.
As does the idea of manually extracting the oil from the valve with buckets and sticking them into an ender chest (3000 times o_O).

Halp?

LexLuthier

Jul 29, 2019
So I found a few oilwells in an area about 1300 blocks from my base. I pumped it all up into an iron tank, there's about 3 million mB of the stuff. What would be the best way to get this back to my main stash of oil tanks?

The idea of running pipes over that distance with chunk loaders occured, but it's pretty ludicrous.
As does the idea of manually extracting the oil from the valve with buckets and sticking them into an ender chest (3000 times o_O).

Halp?

Liquid Tesseracts, or endertanks.