Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

dwappo

Jul 29, 2019
They are a form of light. I don't know what mod it is but they also use them on Forgecraft 1. So they should be in the Direwolf20 1.5 pack.
Since I don't have a pic and haven't seen this episode of fc, I'm going to go ahead and say it's something possibly from extra utilities (possibly the magnum torch).

Mahoka

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way in Unleashed to pass a specific set of items as a pack? Like, sending exactly 9 ore berries to my smeltery at a time to get an even ingot and no leftovers. Pipes, golems, anything?

PureEvil

Jul 29, 2019
Does the 100MJ/t output apply only to the side or whole REC? I mean, can I get let's say 400MJ/t with four sides outputting?

SixOnTheBeach

Jul 29, 2019
Whats the more efficient way to extract rubber? 1 extractor with 4 overclockers or 2 with 2 overclockers? or no difference?

2 with 2.[DOUBLEPOST=1377218020][/DOUBLEPOST]
Depends, what are the mechanics of the glitches? I don't think that any thickness is totally impervious to all glitches. And also, SMP is different to SSP, DocM tested wither containment using Warded Glass in SSP but it didn't work in SMP, the Wither glitched through a double layer.

SMP and I want it to be completely safe against griefers.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. I need some help. I finally crafted my idsu and some aesu's. Now my problem is this. I want to somehow seperate the EU so I can power my Industrial Blast Furnace/Sawmill/4 Grinders/my low voltage smaller machines. But I have my IDSU connected to my AESU and that works fine, my AESU fills up. But Im having trouble how to figure out how to output to multiple machines. What Im trying to seee if I can do is go from an AESU to 3-4 different MFSUs and then into a MFE for one of them, etc. So I can make sure Im fully powering each machine.

What Ive done so far is cranked the AESU to 2k output into a HV transformer which should turn it down into 512s, no? Which should then fill a connected MFSU. But my lines get no output. Using 4x insulated. I have the wires coming out of the 3 prongs from the AESU, heading into one prong in the transformer and coming out of 3prong into the MFSU.

=( I finally made my power storage and now I cant use it. D=

Edit: Ok, I got it to work, but now I have questions. If I lower the packet output to 512 I can directly connect it to my mfsu's. Thats peachy. But my problem is, what happens if I out put from 1 cable. I make it say.. 4 long. And connect 2 MFSU's onto that line of cables. Does the 512 get split 4 ways so each fills slower? Can a glass cable output 512 to 4 things at once? Im trying to mainly figure out how to fill 4 MFSUs from 1 ADSU.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Guys. I need some help. I finally crafted my idsu and some aesu's. Now my problem is this. I want to somehow seperate the EU so I can power my Industrial Blast Furnace/Sawmill/4 Grinders/my low voltage smaller machines. But I have my IDSU connected to my AESU and that works fine, my AESU fills up. But Im having trouble how to figure out how to output to multiple machines. What Im trying to seee if I can do is go from an AESU to 3-4 different MFSUs and then into a MFE for one of them, etc. So I can make sure Im fully powering each machine.

What Ive done so far is cranked the AESU to 2k output into a HV transformer which should turn it down into 512s, no? Which should then fill a connected MFSU. But my lines get no output. Using 4x insulated. I have the wires coming out of the 3 prongs from the AESU, heading into one prong in the transformer and coming out of 3prong into the MFSU.

=( I finally made my power storage and now I cant use it. D=

Edit: Ok, I got it to work, but now I have questions. If I lower the packet output to 512 I can directly connect it to my mfsu's. Thats peachy. But my problem is, what happens if I out put from 1 cable. I make it say.. 4 long. And connect 2 MFSU's onto that line of cables. Does the 512 get split 4 ways so each fills slower? Can a glass cable output 512 to 4 things at once? Im trying to mainly figure out how to fill 4 MFSUs from 1 ADSU.

Transformers are always 3 prong for higher voltage, and 1 prong for lower. So from the sounds of things, you have your transformer connected backwards

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Transformers are always 3 prong for higher voltage, and 1 prong for lower. So from the sounds of things, you have your transformer connected backwards

Ok, now I think I see where everything went wrong. I cant do HV transformer to MV transformer to ....

I need a storage unit of each lower type between the transformers it seems like.

Which means I can work with this, but still brings up the question of how does energy get distributed? Could I do a line from my ADSU of 4x insulated, and fill up 4 MFSUs at 512 at the same time?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, now I think I see where everything went wrong. I cant do HV transformer to MV transformer to ....

I need a storage unit of each lower type between the transformers it seems like.

Which means I can work with this, but still brings up the question of how does energy get distributed? Could I do a line from my ADSU of 4x insulated, and fill up 4 MFSUs at 512 at the same time?

No, because MFSU's don't take extreme voltage.
You'll need transformers to step-down the voltage, or you'll need lots of ADSU's in sequence for stepping down

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
No, because MFSU's don't take extreme voltage.
You'll need transformers to step-down the voltage, or you'll need lots of ADSU's in sequence for stepping down

Er. Sorry. I didnt clarify myself. Could I do this

IDSU > ADSU > 4x insulated cables into 4 different HV Transformers > 4 different MFSUs.

This is with the idea that the adsu would supply the max output of 2k. Im assuming since it'd be pulled from 4 directions then the 2k could be reduced to the proper 512 and that it could thusly supply 4 MSFUs without loss of power on any of them.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Does the 100MJ/t output apply only to the side or whole REC? I mean, can I get let's say 400MJ/t with four sides outputting?
It's per side, so yes you can.
Modular Power Suits. There's an upgrade you can install to dispense these capacitors.
Are they just a simple light like a torch? I can't find any information on them. I think Magnum Torch is what I really want, though, but I can't quite justify the diamond expenditure at the moment. Does anyone know about the MT mechanics? Do they create phantom blocks that would prevent tree growth like a Wrath Lamp does?
Can straw golems harvest ore bushes, berry bushes, and essence bushes? If not, is there any way?
I've heard it said that the MFR Harvester can.

Cronos988

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good way to place water source blocks? I know a dispenser with water buckets would work, is there any solution to refill say, a trench, when the water gets drained?

Siro

Jul 29, 2019
Can straw golems harvest ore bushes, berry bushes, and essence bushes? If not, is there any way?

Last time I checked, yes. MFR Harvester will also harvest all of those, but I don't know if it'll scan upward for additional berry bushes. If not, one could always stack harvesters vertically.

connerity

Jul 29, 2019
@The guy who was looking for a way to prevent slime spawn:
Would it be possible to relpace the floor of your chunk with slabs? Any kind will work. Mobs can't spawn on slabs.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
What is a good way to place water source blocks? I know a dispenser with water buckets would work, is there any solution to refill say, a trench, when the water gets drained?

You might want to hold out for 1.6 packs, where you can get tools like Buildcraft's floodgate (pump in any liquid, the machine places it in the world for you).