Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
why are my cows still dropping leather when killed by a grinder?

As an add-on to SpitefulFox's answer, also note that chickens, sheep, and ghasts drop extra items that don't get picked up by the grinder as well. (this is what I've come across so far)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
What I do for item collection is stick an obsidian pipe beneath the floor and attach four redstone engines to it. The obsidian pipe will suck up items through the floor if they were within a 3x3 area around the pipe.

riciJak

Jul 29, 2019
It's because of Tinkers Construct. TiConst increases the amount of leather from cows. As I explained in this post, extra drops like that won't be picked up by the Grinder, so you'll need an extra method of picking up the excess leather.

As an add-on to SpitefulFox's answer, also note that chickens, sheep, and ghasts drop extra items that don't get picked up by the grinder as well. (this is what I've come across so far)

Thanks for the info.

Ever thought of a hopper floor?

I guess I'll go with obsidian+void pipe and more conveyor belt.

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013
Alright, I seem to be having an issue here - I can't seem to paint this diamond fiber cable no matter how much I try. [FTB Unleashed 1.0.3]

2013-08-19_01.07.07.png

Any assistance? (And yes, I'm right-clicking the diamond fiber cable with the black / white painters in my inventory, nothing's happening. Did they change the painting mechanics in Unleashed? This worked before.)

SpitefulFox

Jul 29, 2019
Sure but what does that have to do with TiCo?? It just seems arbitrary to me, not that I don't appreciate it.

TiCo just sorta feels like a general "helpful tweaks" sorta mod aside from the core tool crafting. Stone torches don't have any direct relevance to making tools, but they're definitely handy when you run out of torches while mining.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
TiCo just sorta feels like a general "helpful tweaks" sorta mod aside from the core tool crafting. Stone torches don't have any direct relevance to making tools, but they're definitely handy when you run out of torches while mining.

Well I just learned another thing about TiCo!

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
Alright, I seem to be having an issue here - I can't seem to paint this diamond fiber cable no matter how much I try. [FTB Unleashed 1.0.3]

2013-08-19_01.07.07.png

Any assistance? (And yes, I'm right-clicking the diamond fiber cable with the black / white painters in my inventory, nothing's happening. Did they change the painting mechanics in Unleashed? This worked before.)
Try other colors- say, blue and red.

I think that the black painter might be designated as a paint remover- rubber-coated cables are black after all. There might also be some other bugs surrounding this mechanic and glass fiber cables.

@Mystcraft problems a few pages ago: The Standard Terrain, Void, End World, Cave World, or Flat Terrain pages are required- if you don't specify one, you'll get something random, which explains the problems with winding up with void ages. If you specify this symbol properly, not specifying, say, Sunset Color should never give you a world type that you didn't want.

These pages (certainly Standard and Flat, probably End and Cave, not sure about Void) also take a block modifier as well as a biome- [Hell Biome] [Netherrack] [Cave World] should give you an age that looks a lot like the Nether; more importantly, [Stone] [Ocean Biome] [Standard Terrain] should give you a very normal-looking ocean. It might even generate with sand and dirt under the water, and grass on the islands, but I'm not sure.

Reactions: Cirom

Jacobsk

Jul 29, 2019
I play FTB Unleashed and i want to use gregtech but when i open the folder showing the enabled and disabled mods, it is not there. How can i add it to my modpack?

Riuga

Jul 29, 2019

I think that the black painter might be designated as a paint remover- rubber-coated cables are black after all. There might also be some other bugs surrounding this mechanic and glass fiber cables.

@Mystcraft problems a few pages ago: The Standard Terrain, Void, End World, Cave World, or Flat Terrain pages are required- if you don't specify one, you'll get something random, which explains the problems with winding up with void ages. If you specify this symbol properly, not specifying, say, Sunset Color should never give you a world type that you didn't want.

These pages (certainly Standard and Flat, probably End and Cave, not sure about Void) also take a block modifier as well as a biome- [Hell Biome] [Netherrack] [Cave World] should give you an age that looks a lot like the Nether; more importantly, [Stone] [Ocean Biome] [Standard Terrain] should give you a very normal-looking ocean. It might even generate with sand and dirt under the water, and grass on the islands, but I'm not sure.

I'm trying to make a desert flat age. I end up with instability each time .-.

This is my current setup (cant find clear mods page in 30 deif libraries >.<)

Desert
Single Biomes
Flat
Star Fissures
Normal Stars
Nadir
Normal Sun
Normal Moon

Cirom

Jan 1, 2013

That.. that actually worked. I wonder why white wasn't working when I tried it, though? In my current tests, White seems to act differently to [no colour], so that's strange.
But eh, I got it to do what I wanted, so all is good. Thanks!

BIBLO

Jul 29, 2019
I run a server for just me and my sons to play on. I want to create a mystcraft world to run quarries in.
How can you get the creative spawned notebook, so i can make a world and then toss the book? i don't even see the pages in NEI> I was just going to cheat the ones i need in.

we are playing on a unleashed server.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
Random question. If I build under the ocean and then suddenly make the roof disappear, will the water just flow down like a waterfall? Or will it eventually make sourceblocks everywhere?

Basically I made an ocean world. It has a flat netherack bottom with a layer of water over it. I dug into the netherack just 2 blocks below the water level and made my giant structure. I was planning on cutting out a 100x100ish hole in the netherrack roof now to let it pour down over my home. But I dunno what will happen.

http://i.imgur.com/bV9IabB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/51GXQDC.jpg

Thats essentially what I have. The big area in the middle and the outside of my structure I want to get flooded so my base is entirely underwater. The second photo shows that I have just a 2 layer of netherrack stopping the ocean. But if it ends up being just being a waterfall of water rather then a flood Im afraid it simply wont look nice. I planned on ripping out the walls and adding glass/etc and seeing the stormy world just seems awesome.

Edit: Also how can I backup my world? After doing this structure by hand I want to save it in the unfortunate case of bad things happening. I already had one mishap where a random ars magica structure appeared in the middle of what I was creating. I dunno how it happened but I want a save of this world now so if it does happen again I dont shoot something cute.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Random question. If I build under the ocean and then suddenly make the roof disappear, will the water just flow down like a waterfall? Or will it eventually make sourceblocks everywhere?

Basically I made an ocean world. It has a flat netherack bottom with a layer of water over it. I dug into the netherack just 2 blocks below the water level and made my giant structure. I was planning on cutting out a 100x100ish hole in the netherrack roof now to let it pour down over my home. But I dunno what will happen.

http://i.imgur.com/bV9IabB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/51GXQDC.jpg

Thats essentially what I have. The big area in the middle and the outside of my structure I want to get flooded so my base is entirely underwater. The second photo shows that I have just a 2 layer of netherrack stopping the ocean. But if it ends up being just being a waterfall of water rather then a flood Im afraid it simply wont look nice. I planned on ripping out the walls and adding glass/etc and seeing the stormy world just seems awesome.

Edit: Also how can I backup my world? After doing this structure by hand I want to save it in the unfortunate case of bad things happening. I already had one mishap where a random ars magica structure appeared in the middle of what I was creating. I dunno how it happened but I want a save of this world now so if it does happen again I dont shoot something cute.

It will only do a waterfall downwards.
Water in 1.5.2 now can create source blocks not on solid blocks, but the conditions of that is it just considers a water source block as if it was solid for this purpose. Still need two adjacent source blocks on the same level as it.
You could still get the effect that you're describing with flooding the area, but it's not just as easy as taking out the roof.

zorn

Jul 29, 2019
My server admin disabled Wireless Redstone mod saying it caused 'world leaks', is there any other way to transmit redstone signals wirelessly in FTB ultimate?