Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

gusmahler

Jul 29, 2019
How bad are we talking about with flux anomolies? Wisps are easy to kill, Im more worried if wisps could end up spawning in my machine room and setting fire to stuff.
I don't even know if they can spawn in a room. I had really high flux in my last base and they never spawned within my walls, only outdoors. And they really didn't destroy anything.

Maybe building TC really far from your base is overrated. Direwolf built his TC stuff nearby, and just created nodes to keep himself safe.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
I don't even know if they can spawn in a room. I had really high flux in my last base and they never spawned within my walls, only outdoors. And they really didn't destroy anything.

Maybe building TC really far from your base is overrated. Direwolf built his TC stuff nearby, and just created nodes to keep himself safe.

Yeah. If they cant spawn indoors then I wouldnt mind honestly. I have a glasshouse for manually planted plants. And my house is more of a haunted temple. So putting something nearby doesnt seem like itd be out of place. Heck, in my last world I captured a wisp spawned just so I could have a lightshow, since I didnt care for their drops, just made a giant glass box with the spawner inside.

Though I havent seen a wisp spawner in this world so Im entirely sad.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
How bad are we talking about with flux anomolies? Wisps are easy to kill, Im more worried if wisps could end up spawning in my machine room and setting fire to stuff.

Wisps spawn at the node that you've created flux at, so unless you've built your base around a node by accident, you're fine from that. Next point, wisps don't set fire to things, they shoot bolts of lightning, at you, but that's it.
They don't attack the environment, and their lightning bolts don't set fire to things at all, so your worries are all unneeded ^^

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
God, I keep asking questions. But I managed to get 2 whole silver tree saplings. Do silver trees grow as big as they do in the world? Or will I get some mini tree? And do they work the same way? I think the difference in a dark tower surrounded by blue trees could be interesting if it works.

Ember Quill

Nov 2, 2012
God, I keep asking questions. But I managed to get 2 whole silver tree saplings. Do silver trees grow as big as they do in the world? Or will I get some mini tree? And do they work the same way? I think the difference in a dark tower surrounded by blue trees could be interesting if it works.
They grow to the same size, as far as I know. And they spawn small pure nodes inside them.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
They grow to the same size, as far as I know. And they spawn small pure nodes inside them.

They also require vis to grow, the node that forms inside takes about 1.5x the node size in vis.
So there has to be a node nearby with vis for them to grow

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
They also require vis to grow, the node that forms inside takes about 1.5x the node size in vis.
So there has to be a node nearby with vis for them to grow

Hrm. I need goggles to see vis dont I? So Ill save them and pray to all that is holy that there is a node around my house.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
I have a GT Lightning Rod + MatterFab setup in my charged mining age.

Will setting up a second Lightning Rods give me twice the power - or will lightning only strike one of the rods per storm?

MaDWills

Jul 29, 2019
Is anyone able to plant the natura redwood saplings in 1.5.2WGT V5?

Ive spawned in a number of them and i know that they have to be in a 7x7 but i cant even place one on the ground.

unspunreality

Jul 29, 2019
http://i.imgur.com/IkSGrVX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/adcg5wF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/crO5Icp.png

Thats what I have so far. Looks okish I think. I figured it'd go 3 floors up. Then every level past that is simply decorative. Ill probably make a ton of nitor and use that as lighting. And from outside you can see I plan some sort of abyssal stone walkway.Everything else will eventually be turned into dirt. Anyone can recommend what should be set on each floor though? What isnt needed as much or what needs the most floor space so I could figure out what to put where. Heck, on the first floor I added a secret staircase behind the one you see just incase I can think of something to put under it.

Im also playing this single player and enjoying it too much. Im sad. ;;

BhrandonOwnz1

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5.2 Beta WGT
How exactly do I get Soul Shards to work? Do I have to kill 64 to get to Tier 1 before it starts spawning mobs?
Because at Tier 0 It doesn't do anything and I cannot put it into a soul cage.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019

Will setting up a second Lightning Rods give me twice the power - or will lightning only strike one of the rods per storm?

Problem is, the charged page doesn't actually strike the lightning rods as far as I know, it's kinda like the flux lightning where it only strikes you.

What you want is the eternal storm page, that causes lightning that can interact with lightning rods.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.5.2 Beta WGT
How exactly do I get Soul Shards to work? Do I have to kill 64 to get to Tier 1 before it starts spawning mobs?
Because at Tier 0 It doesn't do anything and I cannot put it into a soul cage.

Precisely right, and for each tier you up it gains additional properties when in the soul cage, such as faster spawning, more tolerant of light, ability to spawn cross dimensional creatures (Ghasts in the overworld)

Something of note, if you say put in a 90 kill shard into a soul cage, you'll get back a 64 kill one when you break the shard, it rounds down the kills to the lowest that tier needs if you put it in a cage and then break it again.

Right clicking on a spawner with the shard of the same type will destroy the spawner and add 200 kills to the shard.

EDIT: Creatures spawned by a soul shard spawner won't count towards kills of another one, but mobs from a regular spawner count towards the kills too.

There is also a sort of cheaty method to get extra kills, look around, it's not hard to find on the forums, and I'm sure somebody else will happily tell you of it if you asked. But it's not how the mod is intended to be used, so I won't say it, even though it's worth mentioning.

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to time how long a redstone signal has been active on computercraft. I want it to do one thing if there was a redstone signal that lasted less than one second and another if it was on longer and go back to checking once the redstone signal is off

Oatmonster

Jul 29, 2019

Yes, it will.

Lightning doesn't actually need to hit the lightning rod for it to produce EU and if lightning hits it, it won't produce EU. Lightning rods produce EU during thunderstorms and rainstorms with rainstorms being 10% as efficient.

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Problem is, the charged page doesn't actually strike the lightning rods as far as I know, it's kinda like the flux lightning where it only strikes you.

What you want is the eternal storm page, that causes lightning that can interact with lightning rods.

My bad. Yes, it is an Eternal Storm age.

Perhaps I should test and report back tomorrow. Still need several hundred more iridium before I can begin my Fusion Reactor project :(

VikeStep

Jul 29, 2019
I'd use a NOT gate and a timer.

nono i have a wireless remote hooked up to a wireless reciever and computer. I want it so that if they press the wireless remote quickly then it will do something but if it is held down, that it would do something else. I am just looking for some code that can find the time that the redstone signal has been active. I am also refraining from using redpower because i wanted it to be compatible with a 1.5 world when the 1.5.2 version of WR-CBE comes out. And no I'm not giving up on RedPower being released, id just prefer if it was compatible with 1.5.2 earlier

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I am also refraining from using redpower because i wanted it to be compatible with a 1.5 world when the 1.5.2 version of WR-CBE comes out. And no I'm not giving up on RedPower being released, id just prefer if it was compatible with 1.5.2 earlier
You could use Immibis's new gates. I know, you want a code solution, but I don't have one of those. I might have a think about it tonight but I have coding that I'm being paid for that I have to do now. :)
It's not all that easy. I think the timing resolution is limited by how often you check, as I don't think there is a clock event so you have to have a polling loop.