Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Harros

Jul 29, 2019
Does anyone know how to get Lots of Food and Redpower to have separate recipe IDs? In the example picture it is using Redpower items to craft a Lots of Food item.

Attachments

• 2013-04-13_08.46.26.png
    2013-04-13_08.46.26.png
    309.1 KB · Views: 85

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Nuker question, I read somewhere (IC2 forums I think) to heat your breeder quickly remove the isotopes and cooling cells, ofc while switched off. My question is, do the fuel cells stay in during this or not?

The reactor is here.

GameFAQsRolo

Jul 29, 2019
Q: What's this?
Hint: Look at what I'm holding in my hand. I think it may have something to do with NEI's "Highlight tips shown" feature. Also sometimes happens with those cinder flowers in the desert. Are those from Thaumcraft as well?

I'm guessing you're using Optifine? That's a graphical bug between the VoxelMods and Optifine in my experience.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Can an industrial information panel be configured to show info from multiple reactors on one screen, barring that could computercraft do it? I'm looking for a way to have a small monitor for all my reactors in my bedroom and lounge areas, rather than a wall of seperate panels, like the control room has.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Can an industrial information panel be configured to show info from multiple reactors on one screen, barring that could computercraft do it? I'm looking for a way to have a small monitor for all my reactors in my bedroom and lounge areas, rather than a wall of seperate panels, like the control room has.
For CC you should look into the Nuclear Information Reader from Misc. Peripherals. I haven't used it personally, but it advertises being able to accommodate up to 9 cards.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make an automatic arcane worktable (IE: insert via BC pipe, router, etc).
Routers would work, haven't tried emerald pipes yet, but if they do what I think they do then those could work as well. Man that's one tough thing to automate.

I wanna see you pull trough with that, seriously, you'll be a like a hero in my eyes.

Beanux

Jul 29, 2019
Sadly, router are not working, It's like there is no input slot. It' look like working as a crafting table, but it keep item stored in the right place when you leave the gui.

Beanux

Jul 29, 2019
And using a manager (from redpower) cause a crash server. that's not possible, i've checked all mod's machines...

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone think of anything that's electrical in Minecraft. I already have redstone and circuits but can't think of anything else that's electrical.
I'm trying to think up hard recipes for:
RAM
Processor
GFX Card (May not include)
Motherboard
If anyone can come up with some recipes for these or think of anything electrical in minecraft please reply to this comment :)

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
Can anyone think of anything that's electrical in Minecraft. I already have redstone and circuits but can't think of anything else that's electrical.
I'm trying to think up hard recipes for:
RAM
Processor
GFX Card (May not include)
Motherboard
If anyone can come up with some recipes for these or think of anything electrical in minecraft please reply to this comment :)

as in mats?

Well you got all them metals out there.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
If you wanna get really into it you could do a thaumcraft like crafting table with a soldering iron instead of a wand. Could be supplied with power and iron. From there you have to craft the recipes with the normal redstone + metals type recipe unless you want to add something else.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
as in mats?

Well you got all them metals out there.
yes materials.
I'm thinking 2 circuits and an advanced circuit, some diamond fibre cable and some redstone for processor.
RAM...what is a kind of "store memory type" thing in minecraft?[DOUBLEPOST=1365904810][/DOUBLEPOST]
If you wanna get really into it you could do a thaumcraft like crafting table with a soldering iron instead of a wand. Could be supplied with power and iron. From there you have to craft the recipes with the normal redstone + metals type recipe unless you want to add something else.
I'm thinking of just using IC2 and vanilla :) good idea though

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
You could mimic MFR and get plastic from rubber, combine that with a circuit to get a RAM unit. Combine a bunch of those and an advanced circuit to get a bigger set of RAM.

If you're looking more for a hard drive, a basic drive could be a 2x2 square of refined iron for the disk, a chest shape of normal iron for the housing, then combine those with a piece of fibre cable and a circuit to get the full drive. Upgraded versions could add more refined iron, add a diamond (for a better laser to read the disk), or replace the circuit with an advanced circuit. Maybe throw some lapis in for good measure since IC2 uses it as its super energy storage thing.

You might also be able to do some ender-based storage thing. Harness the power of the void to gain storage area. However, due to the unstable qualities of ender pearls, you must first stabilize them with some redstone and then to be able to pass electrical signals through the void requires the capacitative properties of lapis.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
yes materials.
I'm thinking 2 circuits and an advanced circuit, some diamond fibre cable and some redstone for processor.
RAM...what is a kind of "store memory type" thing in minecraft?

nothing really. So make something up.

your not going to get anything remotely like real life. I used to work for a company called Unaxis back in the day so I got a really good insiders look at how chips are actually made and yeah... Your not going to get even remotely close to it. So Id suggest maybe 3 advanced circutis over something like copper or lapis in a bed sort of layout to make a memory moduel.

ILoveGregTech

Jul 29, 2019
You could mimic MFR and get plastic from rubber, combine that with a circuit to get a RAM unit. Combine a bunch of those and an advanced circuit to get a bigger set of RAM.

If you're looking more for a hard drive, a basic drive could be a 2x2 square of refined iron for the disk, a chest shape of normal iron for the housing, then combine those with a piece of fibre cable and a circuit to get the full drive. Upgraded versions could add more refined iron, add a diamond (for a better laser to read the disk), or replace the circuit with an advanced circuit. Maybe throw some lapis in for good measure since IC2 uses it as its super energy storage thing.

You might also be able to do some ender-based storage thing. Harness the power of the void to gain storage area. However, due to the unstable qualities of ender pearls, you must first stabilize them with some redstone and then to be able to pass electrical signals through the void requires the capacitative properties of lapis.
While your suggestions are fantastic these components will only be used in a computer, which will only be used in crafting another thing (undisclosed) so upgrades would be pointless...sort of