Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
  • FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I checked it, and on Normal render, the island completely disappears, and then I go another 50 blocksish and I go back and there are still baddies sitting there. The end portal is right by them too, would that load any chunks or anything?

EDIT; I start at 130, and the very end of the straight line out is 378, so I'm almost 250 blocks away.
If you're checking by moving back towards the island, endermen will start spawning because you're closer. When you're sufficiently far away you'll just have to trust that they're not spawning on the island.

At any rate, even if some did spawn on the island, your farm should still be very efficient, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
If you're checking by moving back towards the island, endermen will start spawning because you're closer. When you're sufficiently far away you'll just have to trust that they're not spawning on the island.

At any rate, even if some did spawn on the island, your farm should still be very efficient, so I wouldn't worry about it much.
I thought of that, so I trapped one in a box so he couldn't move around, went out to spawn area, and came back. He was still inside his box, and Endermen are not spawning ANYWHERE else but on the little sliver near my bridge.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
I thought of that, so I trapped one in a box so he couldn't move around, went out to spawn area, and came back. He was still inside his box, and Endermen are not spawning ANYWHERE else but on the little sliver near my bridge.
Have you tried leaving The End and coming back? I've never heard of a problem like this, but it sounds like you've got a very bizzare bug. I suppose you could always plonk down a quarry or filler and just get rid of the offending sliver of the island and see if that fixes it.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
You could test it by using a Portal Gun. If you appear in the middle of a bunch of Endermen then they must have spawned while you were away.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
You could test it by using a Portal Gun. If you appear in the middle of a bunch of Endermen then they must have spawned while you were away.
That's exactly what happened. I'll cover the area with water or half slabs or something... Is there any way to fix this huge lag spike I get when I set off 34 pistons at once? I go from 300+ FPS to 20 every time I hit the lever.[DOUBLEPOST=1365720692][/DOUBLEPOST]
Have you tried leaving The End and coming back? I've never heard of a problem like this, but it sounds like you've got a very bizzare bug. I suppose you could always plonk down a quarry or filler and just get rid of the offending sliver of the island and see if that fixes it.
Yes, I frequently leave and come back to get supplies and stuff and they're just chillin'.

WAFFLE OF WAR

Jul 29, 2019
What's an easy way to get a bunch of slime balls? I've been killing those slime things in Hallow Hills in the Twilight and I f*cking hate them. I'm so fed up with them.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
What's an easy way to get a bunch of slime balls? I've been killing those slime things in Hallow Hills in the Twilight and I f*cking hate them. I'm so fed up with them.
Easy but slow: use lime dye in a crystalizer with milk. Takes 20 mins to do 1 cycle, but 1 cycle can produce up to 5 slimeballs and getting multiple crystalizers running is pretty easy. If you don't want to kill slimes, this is pretty much the only way to go.

However, if you just want the slimeballs for sticky pistons, sticky resin can be used instead of slimeballs. The rubber from MFR also works I think.

Reactions: WAFFLE OF WAR

brujon

Jul 29, 2019
Slime Soulshards are seriously one of the easiest soulshards to acquire. Just wander by any swamp at night, you get one soul per Slime you kill, *including when they split*. So for the bigger slimes, Size 4, it's between 7 to 21 souls, before even factoring in Soul Stealer on a Vile Sword. Less than an hour with Soul Stealer V i guarantee that. Then, building a mob trap is very, very simple with slimes. They can't swim, so a simple water suffocation trap is enough to kill them, and then a floor made of transposers so that the drops get automatically collected. Ridiculously easy. Just make sure the water is at least 2 tall so that even the largest slimes suffocate.

Slimeballs for days, Rubber for days with Gregtech.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a device or latch, with 2 inputs and 1 output, that changes the state(on/off)of the output when the state of either input changes. Does RP2 have a device for this?

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out.

Propinquity

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Using the Ultimate pack.
I'm trying to setup a system where a chest keeps feeding items into a machine, but my problem is the machine tends to be too slow. So the items being pulled from the chest stuffs the machine and then overcrowds the buildcraft pipe which tosses everything on the floor.
Is there any way to avoid this? There's multiple machines I'd like to do this for, so I'm just wondering if there's a general solution.

Schpoon

Jul 29, 2019
Can you have multiple industrial blast furnaces hooked up to the one casing unit? Like 1 each side?

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
Can you have multiple industrial blast furnaces hooked up to the one casing unit? Like 1 each side?
Also, what exactly are they for? The GregTech wiki says "These blocks are used in the creation of various GregTech 100% lagfree multiblock structures." but what does that mean in practical terms?[edit] nvm, I found their actual function is described on the pages of the machines that use them.

PonyKuu

Jul 29, 2019
Also, what exactly are they for? The GregTech wiki says "These blocks are used in the creation of various GregTech 100% lagfree multiblock structures." but what does that mean in practical terms?[edit] nvm, I found their actual function is described on the pages of the machines that use them.
They do steel without Nether ^_^
And they also required to make aluminium, titanium, tungsten, tungstensteel alloy and silicon plates.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
Oh. I think I'm going to need a bigger tank. And a lot of waiting.

*Edit* Turns out I needed a lot less, as my stills were still producing and almost keeping up with the boiler. I could have probably started it up with about 300 buckets.
Well, I did say that was the short answer. :p
Running a full simulation would let you take the entire startup process into account.

But it sounds like you're set regardless. :)

Cyan Leader

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a mod in FTB Ultimate that allows the admin to alter the duration of days and nights? (in a config file or something)
If not is there a Forge compatible mod for that in 1.4.7 that I can easily add to my server mod list?

I've been googling this and I can only find very old mods.

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
Hi,
Using the Ultimate pack.
I'm trying to setup a system where a chest keeps feeding items into a machine, but my problem is the machine tends to be too slow. So the items being pulled from the chest stuffs the machine and then overcrowds the buildcraft pipe which tosses everything on the floor.
Is there any way to avoid this? There's multiple machines I'd like to do this for, so I'm just wondering if there's a general solution.

You can build a loopback if you have space. If the machine is full, and you present an alternate exit in the same pipe that the machine is connected to, the item will try that alternate exit instead of popping out. That way you can loop the item back to the input chest, or to a second machine that processes the overflow. Note that if you want to force the items to go into the machine at the junction, you need a diamond pipe or it will just split it 50/50 (though if you use a second processing machine instead of a loopback that may even be desired).

Alternatively, use Redpower tubes instead of Buildcraft pipes. They won't spill items on the floor, they'll just clog themselves up and stop sending until the machine has space again.

Or Thaumcraft golems.

[DOUBLEPOST=1365754111][/DOUBLEPOST]
What is GregTech? As in does it add any important stuff?

It's an expansion mod to Industrialcraft 2. It adds a huge amount of new machines and changes a lot of recipes (even from non-IC2 mods like Buildcraft) in order to implement a more progression-oriented tech tree. Whether that's important to you, I have no idea...