Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Ganoly3

Jul 29, 2019
1) There might be ID conflicts, check if a MFR config is in your config folder. If not, you can copy the config from Ultimate, it should be compatible.

2) I don't seem to remember MFR having steel, but that's probably just my memory acting up. If it has steel, they're interchangeable.
There were 2 conflicts, one with vanilla glass panes and the other with ice. None of these have changed anything. Would it be safe to continue playing on this world?

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
I think that's an input cable.

The array seems to go: gold cable -> MFSU -> HV transformer -> MV transformer -> LV transformer -> machines.

The HV transformer, of course, is unnecessary, because the MV transformer can already handle 512 -> 128 and the LV one can do 128 -> 32.[DOUBLEPOST=1365333862][/DOUBLEPOST]

I think GregTech is working on something like that for 1.5.1.
Ah, that will be extremely helpful. And also, yes that is the array, but I like the HV transformer there. I don't need it, no, but if I ever mess with Nuclear stuff, I can use it there, or remove it and use it, so it's nice to have one.

Djharts

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a dupe. In order to get a Tier 5 you need 2 soul shards to get 1. It's the opposite of a dupe.

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give me 2 Y levels I should be mining for? I usually mine at just 11 for diamonds and redstone, etc, but I have been finding lately that I run out of coal, iron, tin and copper every so often. What's the best Y to mine at for the upper ores? Is there a certain biome I should be mining for? I would also like to find some emeralds (vanilla emeralds not the "green sapphires") if it is so possible to find a good spot to mine for those. Thanks in advance!

baw179

Jul 29, 2019
Can someone give me 2 Y levels I should be mining for? I usually mine at just 11 for diamonds and redstone, etc, but I have been finding lately that I run out of coal, iron, tin and copper every so often. What's the best Y to mine at for the upper ores? Is there a certain biome I should be mining for? I would also like to find some emeralds (vanilla emeralds not the "green sapphires") if it is so possible to find a good spot to mine for those. Thanks in advance!

Not sure about other packs but in DW20 I find tons of copper around sea level, 60-65 ish. Coal and iron you get anywhere under sea level (and above with coal, not sure about iron), tin between Y30-50 mostly. For vanilla emeralds you want extreme hills biomes.

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
Not sure about other packs but in DW20 I find tons of copper around sea level, 60-65 ish. Coal and iron you get anywhere under sea level (and above with coal, not sure about iron), tin between Y30-50 mostly. For vanilla emeralds you want extreme hills biomes.
Alright, thanks! I will definitely keep this in mind. I'll probably soon set up my own mining track system for a track taking me to everywhere that I need to specifically mine at! :D

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question about AE. When 2 export buses are sending the same thing, (like logs going into both a sawmill and a furnace) how does the system determine which has priority, or does it just split it up between them all?

Omicron

Jul 29, 2019
It picks one of them until that one is satisfied (i.e. the destination cannot accept any more items). Only then it uses the other. How it determines which one, I was not able to determine. Feels random.

jumpfight5

Jul 29, 2019
It's not a dupe. In order to get a Tier 5 you need 2 soul shards to get 1. It's the opposite of a dupe.
You don't need them, you're supposed to kill 1024 mobs.
Think about it, the witch? The Ghast? Mobs extremely hard to get at any reasonable speed. Unless you take a couple of cows from your nearby pasture, and tier them up to two four level shards, mix one with the mob of your choice, and presto! Tier 5 witch shard, and all you needed was a few diamonds.

Let's put it this way. A wither skeleton shard gets you coal, which can be made into diamonds. By that logic, the diamond cost is almost nullified.

And I believe it's going to be fixed.

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
From my personal experience (also in DW20 pack) you should be able to get both copper and tin by mining at level 45. So by mining at both 45 and ~12 you should have access to virtually everything. Apatite may be one exception. There may be others, but I haven't run into them (though I usually get a quarry going as soon as I'm able anyway).

MilConDoin

Jul 29, 2019
11/12 and 43/44, were the two depths you needed back in dw5.0.1 and mc8.0.1. This would only miss apatite (and maybe emeralds, since I don't know their spawn height).

ItsYourDustiny

Jul 29, 2019
I just went into my first time at the twilight zone, and I found this weird structure almost looking like strongholds. I found a way in, and there was big wall of torches. I turn around and there's this weird cowman thing. Is it a minotaur? I also saw in the overworld of the twilight zone some weird skeleton with hoes in their hand and a handful of weird blue small things. I flew away with my jetpack. I'm not suer what any of these mobs are and I really need help. Please, someone. Thanks, in advance.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
It picks one of them until that one is satisfied (i.e. the destination cannot accept any more items). Only then it uses the other. How it determines which one, I was not able to determine. Feels random.
Thanks. Here's one for whoever knows. I have a SC tree farms feeding sawmills running boilers. I take the sawdust, AE craft it into comp. sawdust, smelt it some IC2 elec. furnaces. Then macerate it to dust, electrolyze it to carbon cells. Liquid transposer makes water cells that get electrolyzed twice into hydrogen, which gets combined in chemical reactors to make methane. AE makes the compressed air cells back into empty cells. The problem I'm predicting (it hasn't been running very long yet) is all the empty cells eventually getting made into water cells, and no empty cells will go into the electrolyzer processing the charcoal dust. Or vice-versa, they all get made into carbon cells and none get to the liquid transposer. How can this be prevented, assuming it happens (seems like it will, based on what I think I know)?

Also, wood for EU, generators or boilers/turbines, and why?

Silent_007

Jul 29, 2019
I just went into my first time at the twilight zone, and I found this weird structure almost looking like strongholds. I found a way in, and there was big wall of torches. I turn around and there's this weird cowman thing. Is it a minotaur? I also saw in the overworld of the twilight zone some weird skeleton with hoes in their hand and a handful of weird blue small things. I flew away with my jetpack. I'm not suer what any of these mobs are and I really need help. Please, someone. Thanks, in advance.
Yep that would be a minotaur, which means you've found a labyrinth. If you can find a maze map focus, you can use it to craft a maze map. The skeletons you're referring to are skeletal druids, and the blue guys are called kobolds. You can find more information on all of those things (and the MANY MANY more things that you're sure to run into) here:
http://twilightforest.wikispaces.com/ :)

Whovian

Jul 29, 2019

The Minotaur's probably just a Minotaur, IDK anything about them.

Skeletons with hoes in their hands, there are spawners for those in some houses. They're only good for farming Gold through Alloy Furnaces, but they're not too hard to kill. Small blue things, just kill those too, don't remember what they are but I don't think they're too deadly.

OttoSoul

Jul 29, 2019
Ay, that was a Minotaur maze, its a very difficult dungeon, with loads of treasure. The skeleton you saw are skeleton druids, the shoot poison leaves and live in brick houses.

adib

Jul 29, 2019
On a server i play at the soul shards dont drop experience and it also doesnt spawn to its max capacity when in a towny town.