Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
can some one explain the "ME chest" the "locked chest" and "Digital chest" and "black hole chest" please?
ME chest = chest that is part of an Applied Energistics setup. Needs a small amount of power and a storage disk. Really, it's basically just a fancy display apparatus for the contents of the disk.

Digital Chest = GregTech's answer to the barrel. Not as crazy as the quantum chest, but still pretty big.

Black Hole Chest = holds infinite items (not an infinite amount of 1 item, infinite items). Crafting is disabled by default, but you can cheat it in or change the config to allow it to be constructed.

Not quite sure what a locked chest is unless you're referring to Notch's april fools joke from a few years back. Direwolf20 also spotlighted a mod that adds locks for chests, but I don't think that's what you're talking about.

EternalDensity

Jul 29, 2019
The Factorization Solar Boiler:
I can pipe in water from underneath and steam comes out the top (I'm using liquiducts). I've noticed that setting the output liquiduct to the 'powered' mode does not work (which is a little odd). Anyhow, I'm running a couple of Hobbyist's engines from the steam, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how many mirrors I should have per engine for the highest output, and how many I can run off one solar boiler (since I can only get steam out the top, that seems to limit how much I can get).

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
The Factorization Solar Boiler:
I can pipe in water from underneath and steam comes out the top (I'm using liquiducts). I've noticed that setting the output liquiduct to the 'powered' mode does not work (which is a little odd). Anyhow, I'm running a couple of Hobbyist's engines from the steam, but I'm wondering if anyone knows how many mirrors I should have per engine for the highest output, and how many I can run off one solar boiler (since I can only get steam out the top, that seems to limit how much I can get).
One mirror equals to 1 mb/t of steam, so you need 5 mirrors per one MJ/t, 10 mirrors for one Hobbyist's engine.

Reactions: EternalDensity

Makin911

Jul 29, 2019
I use NEI. but one thing is annoying me that when i browse through it it highlights the word i seek for.

Example i search Solar in NEI and it greys out everything that does not have solar in it.

Is there anyway to change this?

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
Is your search bar in NEI colored gold/yellow? If it is double click it and it should go to grey. That should stop the effect.
Oh, that's what that does. I've accidentally double-clicked it before, but always reverted it before seeing the effects. I just thought it was some sort of graphical glitch to be honest. Now for my question. Anyone know of a good source of info on forestry trees? Specifically looking for what biomes the trees will and won't grow in, but any info at all is appreciated. The wiki's are sort of vague in this aspect.

Neirin

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, that's what that does. I've accidentally double-clicked it before, but always reverted it before seeing the effects. I just thought it was some sort of graphical glitch to be honest. Now for my question. Anyone know of a good source of info on forestry trees? Specifically looking for what biomes the trees will and won't grow in, but any info at all is appreciated. The wiki's are sort of vague in this aspect.
Page through http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/tree-breeding-spoilers.7869/ a bit. Everything you might need should be in there.

Reactions: Moezso

ALittleHulk

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make the carpenter accept water in tje seed oil part? In the recipe for the Beealyzer it says iI need water in the carpenter..

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
How do I make the carpenter accept water in tje seed oil part? In the recipe for the Beealyzer it says iI need water in the carpenter..

You need to get rid of the seed oil (can it etc, then get the last bit out by breaking and replacing or making a pipette), then feed it water, aqueous accumulator is good for this (accumulator should be sat with water touching 2 sides of it so [w] [aa] [w] with the carpenter on top for example.

Eunomiac

Jul 29, 2019
Use a Pipette: It's the Forestry tool designed to remove the last traces of liquid from a tank so you can use that tank for something else. (You could also break it, as Ako pointed out, but a Pipette is more classy ;) ).

If you have the resources, I'd recommend building a Carpenter for each of the liquids you'll be using (I have three: Water, Creosote Oil and Seed Oil).[DOUBLEPOST=1365534636][/DOUBLEPOST]What, if anything, does a "Treasure" Enchantment do on a Wand of Frost?

ThaumCraft typically restricts its enchantments to the items it does something on, and Treasure can only be placed on three: the Wand of Equal Trade (which, by the way, is my current "holy crap how did I not realize how awesome this is before now?!" tool), the Wand of Excavation (both of which make sense), and the Wand of Frost.

(Since the wand was added later in TC3 development, I suspect this is just an oversight, but perhaps there's an application I haven't thought of...?)

Zjarek_S

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any way to make routers with machine filters only select from induction furnaces?
You can type name of the machine in that button. Something doesn't work 100 % right with 2 word machine names, but if you just write 'Induction', it will only choose machines that have it in name, so only induction furnace (induction smelter is machine.smelter).

Reactions: Ako_the_Builder

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Holly hell, how did I read that wrong, I figured you only mean one furnace amongst several.

Yeah, what Zharek said, also, I heard from the creator that there's some little wildcard functionality in that you can use the exclamation symbol to tell the router that you want it to fill ALL machines except of the one named. I think that there's an OR symbol as well, I think it's "|", although I really do not remember.

Moezso

Jul 29, 2019
You can type name of the machine in that button. Something doesn't work 100 % right with 2 word machine names, but if you just write 'Induction', it will only choose machines that have it in name, so only induction furnace (induction smelter is machine.smelter).
Oh thanks, I learned something.
Holly hell, how did I read that wrong, I figured you only mean one furnace amongst several.

Yeah, what Zharek said, also, I heard from the creator that there's some little wildcard functionality in that you can use the exclamation symbol to tell the router that you want it to fill ALL machines except of the one named. I think that there's an OR symbol as well, I think it's "|", although I really do not remember.
And learned even more, awesome. These forums are so great *goes off to try newly learned things*

Edit: Question, which copper ore gen does lite use, IC2 or TE, or something else altogether?

Heliomance

Jul 29, 2019
Fairly sure I tried that to no avail :/
I've given up and I'm using electric furnaces that I'm going to fill with overclockers. I have 22 Ultimate Hybrid Solars, it's not like power gen is a problem...