Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SingeStheos

Aug 21, 2021
I have a very large TiC smeltery, 8x8 with 80 levels. I have it all lined with seared bricks, but my smeltery controller doesnt work. Is this because of an invisible block or a size limit? I am sure i have lined it all with brick.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
I have a very large TiC smeltery, 8x8 with 80 levels. I have it all lined with seared bricks, but my smeltery controller doesnt work. Is this because of an invisible block or a size limit? I am sure i have lined it all with brick.

Fairly sure the maximum is 7x7, although that may not be true in the newer versions.

Piripács

Jul 29, 2019
In 1.16.5 is there a way to remove this new incredibly annoying bug (that they call now a "feautre"), so that the large (2x) spruce trees won't make podzol and don't destroy the landscape around them? :mad:
In earlier versions I used to always grows only large spruce; but now all around my base everything looks disgusting as hell.

Tony32

Jul 29, 2019
Just an annoying thing that triggers my OCD. My endeavor server is listed with a red X to the client, yet you can join and play without any issue. Is there a way to make the client think it's compatible without actually joining? :p

Bilax

Sep 17, 2021
Hello,

I have a Energy Core tier 8 and 2 pylon close to it put the pylon don't take energy.
Please help me.

Version : 1.10.2, FTB Beyond

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
That could be several things.

1 - Range, try moving the pylons closer to the core
2 - In/Out mode. Right click the purple glowy thing on top of the pylon to toggle the mode and see if that changes anything
3 - Cabling. What power cables have you got hooked up to the pylons? Also what do they connect to? If there's no valid place for the energy to go it won't do much at all.

Also I usually use EnderIO cables, so when I have issues with stuff like this, the first thing I check is that I have the Insert/Extract settings correct on the interfaces

BookerTheGeek

Oct 18, 2020
Pacific Northwest
In Minecraft 1.12, is their any way to control via Redstone the Extra Utilities 2 Fluid/Item nodes?

In 1.16.5 is there a way to remove this new incredibly annoying bug (that they call now a "feautre"), so that the large (2x) spruce trees won't make podzol and don't destroy the landscape around them? :mad:
In earlier versions I used to always grows only large spruce; but now all around my base everything looks disgusting as hell.
My understanding is that it only effects vanilla grass/dirt. Try using modded grass or dirt where you are planting them?

Hello, with a friend we would like to do a two-person survival on the ftb revelation modpack. I would like to know how much ram I have to allocate to the server to make it run without lag.
Thanks bye

Answer you with a question, will you have a dedicated machine to host the server or will you be playing on the machine hosting the server?
  • If you have a dedicated machine, 6GB will be enough.
  • If you are playing on the same machine (Bad idea btw....) I would allocate 6-8GB for the server and another 6GB for the client, and you will still need some left over for the OS.

Mei-Len666

Jun 7, 2020
Do I have to use the FTB App to play the FTB Modpacks? I'm pretty sure I'm in the right place for this question.

BookerTheGeek

Oct 18, 2020
Pacific Northwest
What is MultiMC? And would it be better than the FTB App or Forge?

Better? No Idea. I personally find it easy to use, and it can manage multiple modpacks from a multiple of launchers easy peasy.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
So I've set myself up a fresh 1.16.5 pack and somewhere along the way I've picked up a config item that disables the dropping of wheat seeds when I harvest mature wheat plants.

I can get them from breaking grass, but if I plant them then harvest the crop, either in normal farmland or with Agricraft crops, I only get the wheat and no additional seeds. If I break an immature crop (like by trampling the block it's on for example) I get nothing, not even the original seed.

I *think* it might be an Agricraft setting doing it, but not sure. All my other crops (only got potatoes and carrots on the go at the moment) work fine.

Lurking_Garbage

Dec 9, 2021
Is there an up-to-date mod that has the same functionality as Treecapitator? I wanna chop down an entirety of a Twilight Forest tree and have my Axe instantly break, having sacrificed itself in the instantaneous erasure of said tree.

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
Is there an up-to-date mod that has the same functionality as Treecapitator? I wanna chop down an entirety of a Twilight Forest tree and have my Axe instantly break, having sacrificed itself in the instantaneous erasure of said tree.

Tinkers Construct has lumber axes (called broad axes in the 1.16.x version) that will cut down entire trees with a single swing.

I've used them on Thaumcraft greatwood trees and can confirm they work on that, but never tried it on a TF tree, so not sure.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Mastrude

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing Oceanblock. I made my nether painting, but when I left click, right-click, shift-click, and every other combination I've tried it either does nothing or falls to the floor. There's a popup animation of the painting rotating, but nothing I can think of leads to the nether.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm playing Oceanblock. I made my nether painting, but when I left click, right-click, shift-click, and every other combination I've tried it either does nothing or falls to the floor. There's a popup animation of the painting rotating, but nothing I can think of leads to the nether.

You just walk through the painting. No need to right click.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame