Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
probably better to ask here.. How do I add things to chests? Like, say, I want to have a small chance to find x item in nether fortresses, for example. Is that done from the mod the items are from or is there something central that I can use to edit chests in general with anything I want?

You might want to take a look at LootTweaker: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/loottweaker

If you need help figuring out zenscript, feel free to send me a message on here or on discord (I'm pretty sure you have discord, right?)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I do have your discord, yup! I just might take you up on that offer, lol. I'll look into it on my own first, though, I can usually figure things out. Thanks fir the direction!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Server-runners: Let's say I have to have like 6 gb to run smoothly with 4 people, but then we bump that up to 12 people, does that requirement go up in proportion? Or is it something where it needs a certain amount to hold all the required info, then a smaller amount added per person? I'm just trying to get a rough idea what I'm getting myself into, lol

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
I have to assume you mean gigabyte, not megabyte there. It seems extremely low otherwise. But yeah, it's a fixed amount + a bit extra depending on player amount. Reason being that an empty server still takes a bunch of RAM

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
I assumed gig as well. I will still assume that that little bit is at least proportional to the size of a idle world, just in case. Probably going to go with 10gigs this time since I've got some people to help with the bill this time. All we want is an ultra-premium, smooth experience.

But I have one problem left to solve before I can really start getting serious about this pack! I cannot figure out what's causing this, but all armor that would have extra bits coming off of it are being rendered within the size of a typical armor piece. For example, wyvern armor from DE, which has 3d bits all over it, looks like orange chainmail. This is true of all armors, and that's not ok! lol.

I've been trying to figure it out for a day now, and I'm stuck. It doesn't seem to be any mod or texture pack. I haven't gone through each and every individual one yet, but I've never had this issue before with any of these mods and texture packs that I'm using. This isn't an easy google, either. I can't find anything no matter how I word it. Any ideas? I'm stuck at work so I can't test anything right now, but I'd love some ideas to try when I get home.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone know any other ways to block jei cheating on my server? Ive I run a ton of servers and I was pretty sure it was just and allow-cheats=false on the server properties file, but it wasn't there and adding it didn't do anything. Im the only one OPed as far as I know, and I tried a /gamerule allow-cheats false.

Just in case the culprit was accidentally OPed, I even tried /deop (his name) and it still didn't work.

Edit: firget that last line I didn't do it right before. That might be it.

Last edited:

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
AA Drill, on my last two worlds, it's auto-destroying stone. *I* love it, but my people aren't seeing the upside. I don't see anything in the config about it. Nothing on the 'net, either. Any ideas? Not that I necessarily want to fix it in the first place.

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm looking for a 1.12.2 mod that adds trophies, as in a trophy stand that holds an item or block that cannot be interacted with. I'd like to give these out as part of a questbook. I can't seem to find anything obvious on Curse.

Furious1964

Nov 10, 2012
So I'm playing Stoneblock 2 and have the Hell Biome Marker...but I can't craft any of the other markers. Do I need to travel to the specific biome?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Interactions modpack - when updating to a new modpack version, what files do we have to copy forward so our mapping stays intact?

I see two directories under .minecraft\config called XaeroWaypoints and XaeroWorldMap - do we just copy the contents of these folders and that's it? The files in those folders are cryptic, unlike Journeymap which keeps all waypoints in a simple text file... so I'm unsure if I'm copying all the proper files or not.

---

Also, some Pam's Harvestcraft trees are dropping two items with the same name but different graphics. Examples include Tamarind, Hazelnut and Soursop. One of the drops is the standard Pam's fruit, but the other drop doesn't seem to have any uses other than the EnderIO Painting Machine - in otherwords, the second drop seems to be a completely junk item, but why is it dropping at all? I'm just throwing them away, seems odd tho.

EDIT: It turns out the second drops are extra plant nodes (which shouldn't be dropping at all, but oh well). I watched a video where the guy doesn't even use trees at all, he simply lays our jungle leaves and manually places a "node" onto the bottom of each leaf block. You can obtain Pam's nodes by using a shears and left-clicking the plant node. If the node growth stage is still at 0%, the shears will take a long time to break the node, but by using this method we can have a nice compact way of obtaining Pam's fruit drops without the large area required for multiple trees.

Last edited:

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Interactions: I dont see a recipe for Fertilized Dirt from Random Things mod, is it disabled in this pack? If not, how can I make some? (Edit: I ended up using Fertile Soil from Rustic mod instead, altho that block doesn't increase growth rate like the Fertilized Dirt would - that's probably why Fertilized Dirt can't be crafted.)

Also, where is the "Tips" text file located, so I can read thru them all instead of trying to read them during each login?

Bad News: I fell into the void and died, which is when I learned there's no "recycle" where you just fall back onto the starting platform. But I did get notification of a grave, so I placed a water bucket and rode it down, but instead of seeing a grave, all i saw was darkness and then i fell to my death yet again... and again... and again. Then I rage-quit. So is my stuff all gone for good now, or can I still rescue it somehow? I'm playing on somebody else's server, so I can't use cheat commands.

Edit to add: I was able to reach my graves and rescue my stuff. I suddenly remembered that (SPOILER ALERT)
there is an angel block hidden somewhere
and after I remembered that, it was relatively easy. Thanks to the modpack designers, if this was their intent. I thought all my stuff was gone for good.

Last edited:

wrightrj

Jul 21, 2013
1.7.10 Direwolf20 Pack

According to the wiki, https://ftbwiki.org/Auto_Workbench Auto workbenches (Buildcraft), can use a chest adjacent to them and use the items in the chest as an extra inventory. However, I can't get this to work in game. Having items in the inventory of the Auto Workbench is the only way for the item to automatically craft, the adjacent chest is always ignored.

https://gfycat.com/tanpowerlesscapybara (gif of the problem)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
1.7.10 Direwolf20 Pack

According to the wiki, https://ftbwiki.org/Auto_Workbench Auto workbenches (Buildcraft), can use a chest adjacent to them and use the items in the chest as an extra inventory. However, I can't get this to work in game. Having items in the inventory of the Auto Workbench is the only way for the item to automatically craft, the adjacent chest is always ignored.

https://gfycat.com/tanpowerlesscapybara (gif of the problem)
That wiki is out of date. You can no longer automate with adjacent chests.

wrightrj

Jul 21, 2013
That wiki is out of date. You can no longer automate with adjacent chests.
Damn, thanks, good to know.

You think there is anyway to limit the amount of certain items going into the Auto Workbench? So one item doesn't flood out all the others if it's getting pumped in?

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
FTB Interactions - I've never played a GregTech modpack without Railcraft mod in it... so there's no big tank to store all the steam I'll be needing. I always go for the max-sized steel tank which holds something like 20,000 buckets of steam... and I'll go thru that tank in just a few minutes if I don't have Boilers running to re-fill it as it empties...

...so WTF are we supposed to do in Interactions without ANY large tanks? The biggest tank I think I can make in early/mid game is the Stone Drum at 16 buckets worth? Are you freakin kidding me? LOL

Any suggestions appreciated, there's gotta be somebody out there who has solved this issue. Do you make "steam on demand" somehow, so you don't even need a tank? What's your setup like?

Edit: Found a solution in this video, not sure how scalable it is but its a good start:

Last edited:

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
FTB Interactions - I've never played a GregTech modpack without Railcraft mod in it... so there's no big tank to store all the steam I'll be needing. I always go for the max-sized steel tank which holds something like 20,000 buckets of steam... and I'll go thru that tank in just a few minutes if I don't have Boilers running to re-fill it as it empties...

...so WTF are we supposed to do in Interactions without ANY large tanks? The biggest tank I think I can make in early/mid game is the Stone Drum at 16 buckets worth? Are you freakin kidding me? LOL

Any suggestions appreciated, there's gotta be somebody out there who has solved this issue. Do you make "steam on demand" somehow, so you don't even need a tank? What's your setup like?

Edit: Found a solution in this video, not sure how scalable it is but its a good start:
What was the solution in that video?

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
Looks like he was kilning wood into low grade charcoal there at the end, to use in small coal boilers. The burn value of the low grade stuff has been changed to be below that of charcoal in recent releases so it might be good to look into the early coke oven/blast furnace line in order to supplement your mined coal, dusts and lignitics with charcoal, coke and steel (which has been determined to be useful and good).

As far as mass fluid storage- the tinker multiblock tank is available and affordable (and can be used for multifluid storage later when the liquids start to amass), mek dyn tank is post-steel but has buffed capacity, thermal's portable tank can get quite large with upgrades and holding enchants, and in a galaxy far far away there is rumor of quantum and blackhole tanks. Actually the storage of steam and creosote seems transient due to their low energy density- you just burn through them too fast.

To be honest once you have a large bronze boiler setup with its supporting improved coke furnace line you will likely not ever turn that thing off, relishing a continuous steamy output of 900mb/t providing a convertible 14 amps of LV power- enough to say 'whyma not in MV age?' Which is another journey unto itself...