Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Extreme reactor/turbine question...

I've got a reactor making over 2 buckets a tick, I've got a turbine accepting 2 buckets per tic due to the limiter seeming to not go past 2 buckets (thank you super laminar pipes) but I can't seem to keep the rotars at a constant speed. I disengage the rotars to get it up to 1800rpm, but when I engage them, it drops.. not super fast, but fast enough that I don't want to leave it on it's own..

Help?
The turbines equilibrium point in RPM is based on how you built it and with what materials. Sounds like you have too many/powerful coils in it. So without knowing the details of how it is built...

Reactions: Everlasting2

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
5x27 with 80 blades and 40 ludicrite for one
5x27 with 80 blades and 40 enderium blocks for the other

I went with an open computers program and it's got it.. stable... Oddly enough the ludicrite one is generation half of what the enderium one is... Maybe it's too much?

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
5x27 with 80 blades and 40 ludicrite for one
5x27 with 80 blades and 40 enderium blocks for the other

I went with an open computers program and it's got it.. stable... Oddly enough the ludicrite one is generation half of what the enderium one is... Maybe it's too much?
I dont know whether Big Reactors->Extreme Reactors changed the balances. But it does sound like you are using too many coil blocks.
Max sized(2B/t) turbines used to be: Enderium 34 blocks, and Ludicrite 32 blocks. I believe both of these ran just a bit short of 1800 RPM.

The blades can utilize 25mB/t each, so you need 80 for a 2B/t Turbine. So that is ok. But too many blades will also reduce efficiency, so calculate how many you need based on steam throughput.

I cannot imagine how a open computer script can make it run "stable" if it has too many coils. Perhaps it disables the rotor part time? That would be horrible for efficiency.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
So I've got too many blocks in there... okay... time to shut it down and remove some stuff :)

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Still getting used to Revelations after Infinity, but what do you use for moving power over large distances without Tesseracts?
Also what do you use for storing RF, I've always used thermal expansion energy cells, yet now I'm only seeing the receipe for the basic 2.0m RF version, not the hardened/redstone/etc versions.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Still getting used to Revelations after Infinity, but what do you use for moving power over large distances without Tesseracts?
Also what do you use for storing RF, I've always used thermal expansion energy cells, yet now I'm only seeing the receipe for the basic 2.0m RF version, not the hardened/redstone/etc versions.
Te machines/blocks are upgraded with upgrade kits now (very similar tier names though)
also past a certain mod version u can enchant energy cells ,portable tanks,capacitors, satchels for even moar capacity(stacks with kits/upgrades).

Te no longer has a method for long distance transport.
the cheaper method for long distance power transfer is rftools power cells(2 cells with the same frequency share the same power pool no mater how far apart they are from each other even if its across dimensional boundaries)
the more expensive method for long distance energy transport is a dimensional transceiver from ender io(it can do items and fluid to ,but Ender storage can do long distance items/fluid separately as well if u have the blaze rods to do so)

Golrith

Over-Achiever
Trusted User
Nov 11, 2012
I'm looking for a way to disable sleep, but also cause rain to "reset itself" instead of relying on sleep.
Currently have sleep disabled in my modpack, but that leads to the "british weather" effect which really dampens things.

So, anyway to seperate rain from sleep?

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the help with the energy cells, I've now got storage and the ability to move RF around.

But as always I have another question about Revelation, about mining tool progression.
At the moment I'm basically strip mining with a hammer, but are there any other mods that add more efficient tools?

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks for the help with the energy cells, I've now got storage and the ability to move RF around.

But as always I have another question about Revelation, about mining tool progression.
At the moment I'm basically strip mining with a hammer, but are there any other mods that add more efficient tools?
the thermal innovation drills , they are called flux bores(upgrade-able energy based drills). The signalium tier has a mode with a 3x3x3 harvest and its upgrade(resonant) adds a 5x5 harvest mode. Enchanting wise its a normal pickaxe/shovel hybrid that can also get the holding enchant(like other te stuff)

Reactions: DEL 707

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
@Golrith Separating rain from sleep or just outright stopping the rain? If its the latter you can use Botania's teru teru bozu, EnderIO's weather obelisk or Draconic's celestial manipulator for weather control.

@DEL 707 Hammers rock for that stage, you can increase their width and height, speed and make them unbreakable (or nearly so- ardite head and rod for petramor and stonebound with a little bronze for dense and obsidian for duritae will make for a fast hammer that works its durability lower to an equilibrium- Its fun, try it). But aside from Everlasting's suggestion another powered option is the Actually Additions drill- takes many upgrades for speed, fortune, silk touch,mining size, etc.,.
What you really want to be doing about now is looking at automated mining of some sort- AA has a good early vertical digger and also has the lens of the miner for the atomic reconstructor, RFTools builder w/ quarry card, EXUtils quantum quarry and EnviroTechs void ore miner series are all something to look towards to ease your need for ores.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
What you really want to be doing about now is looking at automated mining of some sort-
they asked for better mining tools not auto mining things so i gave them what they asked for.(also i think the aa drill penalizes u for aoe mining energy wise while i don't think the thermal drill does plus the mode switch is super handy)

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Another question. Is there a way to instantly destroy cobblestone or to not just pick it up?
It's slowing me down having to destroy all the trash I'm picking it.

InThayne

Oct 14, 2013
The dank or dev/null are neat little tools for picking up cobble and others as well as voiding extra.

DEL 707

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, wish I new about some of this stuff ages ago.

Playing about with Thuamcraft 6 in Revelations now, but as usual, I got a bit of a problem...a flux problem.
To get some research finished, I need to create a load of flux, which caused a tear.
I'm trying to do the research that allows me to deal with flux/tears but it says I need to research a vis battery.

I can't see that research anywhere, I researched and made a vis generator but that hasn't helped.

Edit - Nevermind, found it after I researched the recharge pedestal

Last edited:

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
Thanks, wish I new about some of this stuff ages ago.

Playing about with Thuamcraft 6 in Revelations now, but as usual, I got a bit of a problem...a flux problem.
To get some research finished, I need to create a load of flux, which caused a tear.
I'm trying to do the research that allows me to deal with flux/tears but it says I need to research a vis battery.

I can't see that research anywhere, I researched and made a vis generator but that hasn't helped.

Edit - Nevermind, found it after I researched the recharge pedestal
the key to the vis generator research was scan a crystal cluster in world (last i remeber)