Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
There's a config option in the NotEnoughWands file - seems like the default is to disable fake players altogether.

# Factor to apply to the cost when this wand is used by a fake player (a machine). Set to -1 to disable its use this way
D:acceleration_wand_fakePlayerFactor=-1

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Interdimensional quarrying with RFTools builder. What's the best way to go?

I have tried just setting the shape to quarry in a new dimension and it won't let me. I'm totally cool with putting up a builder in each dimension, but so far, I've been having to carry in a capacitor to power it, then carrying out the loot. I would like to set it and forget it. So, I guess what's the best way to move items and power through dimensions?

1.12, all the tech cliches available.

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Interdimensional quarrying with RFTools builder. What's the best way to go?

I have tried just setting the shape to quarry in a new dimension and it won't let me. I'm totally cool with putting up a builder in each dimension, but so far, I've been having to carry in a capacitor to power it, then carrying out the loot. I would like to set it and forget it. So, I guess what's the best way to move items and power through dimensions?

1.12, all the tech cliches available.

Use an Dimensional Transceiver, you dumb noob!

Answering my own question. I knew this already, I just forgot. Ignore me :)

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
:D

Oof don't talk to me about Botania - that makes me think of the Game of Life, which brings back memories of trying to solve the ChromatiCraft puzzle based on that a couple of weeks ago... *shudders*

There's a lot of things I've enjoyed about the mod, but that puzzle doesn't rank among them...

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, speaking of this dimensional tranciever...

This is the first time I've used it with items. Is it always this incredibly slow at pushing those items out? The servo doesn't seem to be much help.

This will do, mind, you. Set up as a passive quarrying in the end, it'll continue to run. But I'm about to do a massive build and might need stuff faster. (Though, this does a good job of curbing my rf drain)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, speaking of this dimensional tranciever...

This is the first time I've used it with items. Is it always this incredibly slow at pushing those items out? The servo doesn't seem to be much help.

This will do, mind, you. Set up as a passive quarrying in the end, it'll continue to run. But I'm about to do a massive build and might need stuff faster. (Though, this does a good job of curbing my rf drain)

Nm, answered my own stupid question again. It's not the DT, it's the RS interface. I threw in some speed upgrades, this is way better.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
So, I leave the game running while I run to the grocery store to get some food for the weekend. I come back and the whole world is running super choppy. I poke my head around to the little river nearby and the whoooole thing is full of this. Like, the entire river. Whaaaat the hell just happened.

8uib3gu.jpg

Last edited:
B

Baszti

Hi all. Im new to FTB, and i want to play on online servers, i just dont know how. I didnt find a guide to it. Can some one please explain me, how to join an FTB server?

LordPINE

Jan 2, 2016
If you already have the pack downloaded, it's as simple as finding a server that hosts the pack, and joining it like you would do with a vanilla server. If you don't have a pack yet, you can download them quite easily using the Twitch launcher.

Reactions: Baszti
B

Baszti

Thank you very much. I will download the twitch launcher as soon as a go back home.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Extreme reactor/turbine question...

I've got a reactor making over 2 buckets a tick, I've got a turbine accepting 2 buckets per tic due to the limiter seeming to not go past 2 buckets (thank you super laminar pipes) but I can't seem to keep the rotars at a constant speed. I disengage the rotars to get it up to 1800rpm, but when I engage them, it drops.. not super fast, but fast enough that I don't want to leave it on it's own..

Help?