Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Eeehhhm, if GT5u is present instead of GT5u? That doesn't make much sense to me. Care to explain/correct that statement?
Erm, absolutely. Dumb typo. Meant GT5u instead of GT5. I've also edited the original statement and reflected that it was edited. Thanks for requesting clarification.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Forge servers most definitely can, seeing as they always tell you in log that someone is connecting with certain missing mods. Not a clue about vanilla though. I would assume they can? They definitely don't do anything with it though.

I'd imagine that any modded items would be uncraftable if the corresponding mod isn't on the server.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm guessing efab is still too new to have decent "how this works" documentation so I'll ask here.

How do you get the liquid upgrade? Playing continuum and there is no recipe for it, but I need it for creosote wood.
Help?

Nuclear_Creeper0

Mar 30, 2017
I'm guessing efab is still too new to have decent "how this works" documentation so I'll ask here.

How do you get the liquid upgrade? Playing continuum and there is no recipe for it, but I need it for creosote wood.
Help?
You need to make the tank, and bucket creosote into it.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
You need to make the tank, and bucket creosote into it.

I did that, and placed the tank down next to the efab (with two gearboxes). Also tried placing the pipes from efab between the efab and the tank... nadda

Never mind.. i'm a freaking idiot... LOL... Pay no attention to the guy that can't figure out to click on the "arrow" buttons... /sigh

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm a gregtech player. Sooooo... I made four gearboxes off the hop, and I'll likely add more.
Don't, it's capped at four gearboxes, no speed boost past that. Note that you can have multiple efabs per multiblock however, just throw down a second grid and it will work just fine connecting to everything still so those four gearboxes can boost as many efabs as you want. The later game upgrade someone else mention is a block which just allows your RF using recipes to run as quickly as you can feed them RF, which will be useful if you want to automate controllers or something I guess.

Is there an early-game ore doubling method in FTB Continuum?
Your earliest options are the tech reborn grinder and the AE2 grindstone, both are gated to just after the empowerer.

Reactions: Pyure

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I'm looking for a modpack that contains Immersive Railroading, there's only one modpack listed on CurseForge as as containing the mod. Why so few? Are there any other modpacks available on other launchers like ATLauncher or Technic?

Edit: I changed my search term and might have found a second modpack (Railroads of the Golden Age), why so few tho?
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/search?search=railroad
Because you're not searching for packs that contain immersive railroading, you're searching for packs that have railroad in the name or description. This is the list of packs that include Immersive Railroading, as you can check on curseforge what a mod is required for. There's 161 packs.

asb3pe

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks Xavion... and out of those 161 modpacks, are there any that stand out as superb, compared to the other ones? I'm looking for people's opinions, looking for modpack suggestions. Is there a big-name modpack that contains IR?

I went thru all 161 modpack descriptions and don't recognize a single pack.

However, I think this one was my favorite of the bunch (LOL thats sarcasm of course):

"Mission Moonbutt
by WeslyAdvanceSP
Updated Apr 10, 2018
You are stranded on planet earth with only 1 mission: go to the moon to build a giant butt. Will you succeed?"

There's an even larger description for this intriguing modpack:
"This pack is about you, a creature from an unknown planet, who was on a mission to build a giant butt on the moon. While flying to the moon, something went wrong in your calculations, and your rocket ship lands on planet earth instead. Alone, stranded on an unknown planet, you are trying to complete the only task you have: go to the moon and build a giant butt: the holy moonbutt.
Will you succeed, and fulfill your only purpose in life?"

After discovering this pack, how will my life ever be complete until I fulfill this purpose? I mean... what would a Holy Moonbutt even look like? Sounds fascinating! LOL

Last edited:

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
After discovering this pack, how will my life ever be complete until I fulfill this purpose? I mean... what would a Holy Moonbutt even look like? Sounds fascinating! LOL

I should know better than to Google some things. Why the heck did I get a bunch of MLP fanart?!

Oddly enough, the only Minecraft-relevant thing I found was a link to a series based on the 'Space Astronomy' pack (which gave me nothing but trouble when I played it, and the pack designer wasn't interested in fielding questions on forum.)

Reactions: KingTriaxx

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
I liked Space Astronomy, but yeah, not the nicest mod/pack dev in the world.

Oddly, I google Holy Moonbutt and go straight to the Mission Moonbutt pack.

P

Progeekzy

How many redstone engines would it take to power a powered furnace?

I was running a powered furnace off of 1 stirling so i figured it coudent be that much.
Im up to 40 redstone engines and its not even budging.

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
How many redstone engines would it take to power a powered furnace?

I was running a powered furnace off of 1 stirling so i figured it coudent be that much.
Im up to 40 redstone engines and its not even budging.
infinite-> redstone engines cant ever put out the power needed by design

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a preferred mod to keep track of certain notes in-game? Specifically, I'm getting started with alchemy in Embers and want an in-game reference to how much ash I need for a recipe.

Edit: I just realized I completely forgot written books exist in vanilla. I feel silly now. Still looking for an answer if it does it better than vanilla written book does.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nuclear_Creeper0

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Bibliocraft clip board is epic, with pages you can title depending on the recipe, or if you've got Computercraft in the pack, you can print out pages from it's printer. Or use a pocket computer for the same sort of purpose.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Anyone else had problems with the launcher 'failing to refresh login'? Not that I mind having to re-enter my password every time, but sometimes I'm typing around the cat and my touch-typing skills aren't 100%.

I have 'Remember me' set to green, which I hope means 'on'. >_>