Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
I'm partial to Rose Arcana. Especially if you have a decent mob farm--there's all sorts of solutions for that setup, and can be expanded on over time.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I always thought that one had to draw from the player - I think I've been missing out on some prime mana source.

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I always thought that one had to draw from the player - I think I've been missing out on some prime mana source.
Although this is more active than passive, if the Rosa Arcana can only drain from the player, there’s still the possibility of having it set up so you have an XP shower of some sort over your head and the flower at your feet, so it goes into you and straight out into the flower.

Having had a quick check, it will indeed absorb experience orbs, but at an 80% efficiency relative to doing so from players i.e. for every point of experience absorbed from a player it generates 50 mana, but you get only 35 mana per point of experience from an orb.

As for me, there are other mods in the pack I’m playing that need a lot of XP, so I won’t be going down that route myself! I’m draining all the XP I get into a tank ready for later.

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Although this is more active than passive, if the Rosa Arcana can only drain from the player, there’s still the possibility of having it set up so you have an XP shower of some sort over your head and the flower at your feet, so it goes into you and straight out into the flower.

Having had a quick check, it will indeed absorb experience orbs, but at an 80% efficiency relative to doing so from players i.e. for every point of experience absorbed from a player it generates 50 mana, but you get only 35 mana per point of experience from an orb.

As for me, there are other mods in the pack I’m playing that need a lot of XP, so I won’t be going down that route myself! I’m draining all the XP I get into a tank ready for later.

Yeah, I've got a tank set up so I can make Primal Mana as needed. I was more thinking of all the 'Monster Essence' that I've been getting while murderizing slimes and spiders.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Yeah, I've got a tank set up so I can make Primal Mana as needed. I was more thinking of all the 'Monster Essence' that I've been getting while murderizing slimes and spiders.
Oh, absolutely :) in Horizons III (1.12), I made a Tome of Knowledge to store my experience as soon as I could, so I could make best use of the XP from murderification. Later on I actually put an Insightful Condenser next to my mob farm for collecting XP, and a fluid transposer and more tomes for storing it. When you're looking to enchant a bunch of Resonant Energy Cells with Holding IV, it goes surprisingly quick!

For 1.7 I'm storing it as I need a lot of XP for Liquid Chroma (for ChromatiCraft) so I don't want to lose any.

Puke

Jul 29, 2019
I was just about to ask the same question.
If there is no such document : does this update fix a major bug or issue ?

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014

It used to be the case that it could only drain from the player. Now it's simply the case that it can also absorb XP orbs, it's not as efficient as from a player.

Reactions: Everlasting2

Lethosos

Jul 29, 2019
It used to be the case that it could only drain from the player. Now it's simply the case that it can also absorb XP orbs, it's not as efficient as from a player.
Yep. Which is why I like stockpiling XP for large pushes. Ender I/O XP Pylons are pretty helpful as compact, near unlimited storage for that reason. Better if you had one routed near your mana setup.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
How do we get gold on pyramid reborn? can't seem to find away unless we can only get it after getting the lazer drill
It drops from zombie pigmen.

I know that the creeper statue counts for dragon hearts, think it works for the entrophynum?
No, the entropynnium looks specifically for TNT, so any other form of explosion won't work. The only exception is modded forms of TNT that are directly derived from TNT within the code, those could work. Most modded forms of TNT I've seen aren't though.

N

nuclearfarts

The best way I've found for Botania mana generation in 1.7.10 is burning water into cake. If you use Aer Infused Fire in an enclosed space with water set up to replenish infinitely, it will convert the water into cake. Infinitely. If you make even a 5x5 it should provide all the mana you need for most of the game.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
The best way I've found for Botania mana generation in 1.7.10 is burning water into cake. If you use Aer Infused Fire in an enclosed space with water set up to replenish infinitely, it will convert the water into cake. Infinitely. If you make even a 5x5 it should provide all the mana you need for most of the game.
I've heard that's super powerful - but potentially dangerous, unless proper precautions are taken ;) but yes - that's supposed to be a very powerful method.

I just thought of a great idea for Botania with Astral Sorcery in 1.10+ and... sure enough, someone's already thought of it :) Astral sorcery can be used to turn pumpkins into cakes, for reference.

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
I lost my lava bucket in FTB Pyramid reborn, can I get a new one somehow?
Panic chest, at the end of your achievement island closer to the pyramid there should be a pressure plate labeled panic chest. Stand on that for five minutes and it'll give you another set of basic items.

statphantom

Jul 29, 2019
excluding the panic chest is there a way to get lava? it seems that you need a magmatic crucible, which requires nether bricks, which require netherrack, which requires destabilized redstone, which requires a magmatic crucible

Xavion

Jul 29, 2019
excluding the panic chest is there a way to get lava? it seems that you need a magmatic crucible, which requires nether bricks, which require netherrack, which requires destabilized redstone, which requires a magmatic crucible
There's a bucket of lava in a chest in the nether, just use your bucket of water to drop down to the portal safely.

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
MC1.10 options for magically themed RF gen? Doing a Thaumcraft-centered pack, and want something to support a basic Refined Storage network and maybe some basic EIO ore processing. Only thing I can think of is Botania's Mana Fluxfield. I've got a couple non-magical options available in the pack I made, but I'd prefer magical to keep with the theme.