Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Okay - slightly peeved at this. Spent yesterday filling up my Soul Network. Got it well over the halfway point in the meter. The only other thing I did with Blood Magic was make the Sigil of Sight. Bound Sword was deactivated and in a chest the whole session. (Spent the rest of my time with my bees and my crops, as well as toasting a metric ton of glass.) Took this screenshot just before logging out.

drgIb5O.png

Logged into my world today. Keep in mind, this is not a server. When I log off, the world stops. Went over to the altar first thing with the Divination Sigil, and got this:

PSbYNCQ.png

The Sigil of Sight shows a mere 2800 LP in the 'invisible tank', and the Magician's Orb is supposed to be able to put 150,000 LP into the Soul Network.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Just checking - are they placed 'next door' to each other? They should be placed 'diagonally' like ...

XOXOX
OXOXO
XOXOX

That's for the old Dayblooms that are no longer in the game. The Endoflames do not have this restriction.

@asb3pe You say you have 15 Endoflames, but no not specify how many Mana Spreaders, or what type you are using. You are probably overloading your spreader.

If you have multiple spreaders, make sure you split your Endoflames between the two.

*EDIT.. damnit, I need to read further down to make sure I'm not just repeating :p

Upgrade to Gia Spreaders... :p

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Poppies, man...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

'Poppies. Poppies. Poppies will put them to sleep. Sle-ee-p. Now they'll sle-ee-p.'

In other news, after a power glitch caused me to have to restore from a backup that was saved before the logout image from my Blood Altar post, it seems that data values for anything more than the 'invisible tank' that's in the Soul Network is not saved at all. (The backup was created maybe an hour before I logged out. My logout image showed the Soul Network more than half full - the restored backup showed the Soul Network back down in the 'cup'.)

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Yep. The hydroangea requires no fuel, but decays after time (under normal configs); the endoflame needs fuel but lasts.

Currently debating which of those to start with myself!

I like starting off with some Hydrogenas to get some mana before I go Endoflame.

Two sets will passively get enough mana while I'm farming wood and ores, to make the Band of Mana, and the Band of Aura and maybe even the Sojourner's Sash (an absolute MUST have for me).

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I usually start with endoflames myself. I don't tend to automate them as i use them as a stepping stone for the more fun-to-automate flowers.

SolManX

Jul 29, 2019
I usually start with endoflames myself. I don't tend to automate them as i use them as a stepping stone for the more fun-to-automate flowers.

Yeah, if Pam's is installed, I usually end up with some gourmaryllis', although they've been made a little harder to automate recently as feeding them the same food in succession gets you rapidly diminishing returns. Once you've got a system to alternate the food inputs, they're pretty hard to beat.

But, for endoflames, if you've got actually additions in the pack, a precision dropper over a wooden pressure plate is just too simple not to implement (full disclosure: I saw DireWolf do it).

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
When I wrote that post, I’d forgotten a critical fact: the pack I’m playing (and having a blast with) is 1.7.10 - which means it has to be Dayblooms and/or Nightshades first! I was getting really confused when I saw the endoflame and bydroangea recipes with mana powder in ;)

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Of the 1.7.10 flowers, I go from one of the initial decaying flowers to Endoflames. If I have a good way of getting lava, my next step is typically Thermalilies. Might try to automate some Beegonias later on, once I'm producing 'All The Drones'(TM).

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
I quite like Entropinnyums. They can be a little tricky, but overall as long as you’ve got a good source of gunpowder and sand for TNT, you can get a nice setup going.

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I quite like Entropinnyums. They can be a little tricky, but overall as long as you’ve got a good source of gunpowder and sand for TNT, you can get a nice setup going.

Not sure about 1.7.4 version, but tiny TnT counts as a full TnT block to the Entropinyum. Cheaper to make, same bang for your buck... hehe...

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame